• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• طالب العلمAhmed
    replied
    Re: Concentrating during salah

Originally posted by UFM View Post
    Salam

I found learning new ayats helped, then reciting them in salat and making sure I'm correctly pronouncing them by really focusing on each word, that and I close my eyes and visualise I'm in Mecca praying in front of the Kaaba. I still need to do hajj
    your actually not supposed to close your eyes in salah

Leave a comment:

• Isa Ali
    replied

People usually think Salah mean praying but on the contrary its something else!
    watch to know!
    http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...sgJjRI-WVU</a>

Leave a comment:

• Taslima
    replied

Thank you siso! :o

Leave a comment:

• bestoflights
    replied

Khusyuk or Concentrate in Solat

(Date written : 16 May 2015)

1) We are ORDERED not to perform SOLAT when our mind is full of something else :

An-Nisaa : 43

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا لَا تَقْرَبُوا الصَّلٰوةَ وَأَنتُمْ سُكٰرٰى حَتّٰى تَعْلَمُوا مَا تَقُولُونَ وَلَا جُنُبًا إِلَّا عَابِرِى سَبِيلٍ حَتّٰى تَغْتَسِلُوا ۚ وَإِن كُنتُم مَّرْضٰىٓ أَوْ عَلٰى سَفَرٍ أَوْ جَآءَ أَحَدٌ مِّنكُم مِّنَ الْغَآئِطِ أَوْ لٰمَسْتُمُ النِّسَآءَ فَلَمْ تَجِدُوا مَآءً فَتَيَمَّمُوا صَعِيدًا طَيِّبًا فَامْسَحُوا بِوُجُوهِكُمْ وَأَيْدِيكُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَفُوًّا غَفُورًا

● O you who have believed, DO NOT APPROACH PRAYER while you are 'INTOXICATED' (SUKAARAA) UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING .. ●

2) The word SUUKAARAA is important to be understood properly. It does not necessarily mean INTOXICATED only. The so called Scholars always interpreted this verse to not perform Solat while someone is INTOXICATED due to drinking KHAMAR (Beer, Wine, etc). They further TAKWIL that later this verse is abrogated.

3) The root word is SIN KAF RAA can mean INTOXICATED and Also DAZZLED :

Al-Hijr : 15

لَقَالُوٓا إِنَّمَا سُكِّرَتْ أَبْصٰرُنَا بَلْ نَحْنُ قَوْمٌ مَّسْحُورُونَ

● They would say, "Our EYES have only been DAZZLED. Rather, we are a people affected by magic." ●

4) By analyzing the occurence of the root word SUKAARAA in the Quran, the meaning is deduced to 'while our MIND is full of something else, in the state of not focused, our mind in the state of WANDERING around'.

5) We ought to FOCUS to Allah, and we must KNOW - WHERE is ALLAH in order to be focused :

http://bestoflights.blogspot.com/201...allah.html?m=1

6) Lastly, and very IMPORTANTLY - Allah says we must KNOW what we said. What do we say in SOLAT ? We recite Al-Quran verses. To know is To Understand.

'UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING' means each word of the verses of the Quran that we recite, we must KNOW the MEANING. Then only we are EFFECTIVE in our Solat by FOLLOW-THROUGH SLOWLY the MEANING of each and every words of verse of Al-Quran in our Solat.

====
    End.

Ash-Sharh : 8

وَإِلٰى رَبِّكَ فَارْغَب

● And to your Lord turn your Attention. ●

====

Leave a comment:

• Muslima London
    replied

Think about death during salah

Imagining that this might be your last salah will help you to focus on your salah, and the meaning of the dua's n surahs

Leave a comment:

• kanashto
    replied

Salam

I found learning new ayats helped, then reciting them in salat and making sure I'm correctly pronouncing them by really focusing on each word, that and I close my eyes and visualise I'm in Mecca praying in front of the Kaaba. I still need to do hajj
    It's very good that you are trying to focus. I was doing some research on closing your eyes during prayer and I found that you should always look down to where you do sujood and the only time you need to close your eyes is if there is something going on in front of you that ruins your concentration.

Anyways, jazakAllah khair

Leave a comment:

• طاهِر
    replied

:jkk: some good tips on improving khushoo

Leave a comment:

• UFM
    replied

True, when you are really performing your salat properly, it is so enjoyable, these days it's cold but we pray our zuhr prayer in the garden at work with the sun shining, it is so soothing, pleasant and satisfying. Nothing else matters when praying. I look forward to each prayer, and alhamdulilah I have reached this level of peace. I used to find it difficult to pray, but not anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Muslima London
    replied

Salam

for me, its making sure i'm in a quite place of the home.
    I prefer to pray at home because during salah, thats when i let go of all my pain, my wories and if it means having a good sob then so be it. Praying in teh mosque kind of restricts that.

But there have been days where i can't wait to hit my prayer mat, and then as soon as a i do, this peace comes over me and i realise that nothing more is important. All the losses, the grief, the hardship, the hurt of the dunya mean zilch. Subhanallah

Leave a comment:

• UFM
    replied

Salam

Leave a comment:

• Muslima London
    started a topic Concentrating during salah

Concentrating during salah

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X