I don't want to do namaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to do namaz

Hello my name is Ali and I'm 14 years old. A couple of months ago, I stopped praying five times a day and my mom is now saying that I will no longer get allowance if I don't pray. Why do I have to pray? I think I'm a pretty good person generally. I've been offered weed and cigarettes in high school and I denied them. I'm a good friend. I'm loyal. I don't drink alcohol at parties or do any of that stuff. I don't even swear. So why do I have to pray? I don't see myself changing at all if I pray. I'm the same person I was after I stopped. So what's so important about praying?

Re: I don't want to do namaz

As salamu alaykum, brother

Firstly, please do not greet fellow muslims with hello but with as salamu alaykum, it is much nicer. It is referred to as may peace be upon you.

Well, we pray because ALLAH commanded us to pray. If you look at surah nas in the quran it says that ALLAH did not create humans and jinn except to worship him alone

You see everything around us is a creation. ALLAH has given us food and so many animals around us which we can use to hunt and to eat. ALLAH has given s oxygen to breathe, gravity so the pressure levels on this planet are not too high, given us a family, a body that functions, ability to see, hear, listen, etc.

All ALLAH expects from you is to worship him so that you may be grateful. Of course we have to be good people but our purpose in life is to worship our creator. All we do is take 10-15 minutes out occasionally to just pray. It is not too hard.

Plus prayer creates a relationship with ALLAH, we feel a closeness to our creator. It encourages us to do more good.

Can someone add to this?
    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Importance of Salah
      Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Assalamu'alaikum

You can be good and nice and humble, but if you do not perform salat, you are not a muslim. The difference between muslim and non muslim is the salat.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

I was also like Theguy at one time young and stupid.There was a year I went by without prayer,since the society i live in has a strong Communist/athiestic tendency,i was also a communist/athiest at one point.But u know during that period I got the best girls and so on,but was always lacking in peace of mind.I even tried hinduism & christianity,but these didnt help me either.I guess it was extreme mental anguish that somehow got me back to Islam.U know behind all their so called scientific clatter,these athiests are really tearing themselves and yearning for peace of mind which they guarenteed will never find elsewhere except in islam.
          Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jassim Islam View Post
            I was also like Theguy at one time young and stupid.There was a year I went by without prayer,since the society i live in has a strong Communist/athiestic tendency,i was also a communist/athiest at one point.But u know during that period I got the best girls and so on,but was always lacking in peace of mind.I even tried hinduism & christianity,but these didnt help me either.I guess it was extreme mental anguish that somehow got me back to Islam.U know behind all their so called scientific clatter,these athiests are really tearing themselves and yearning for peace of mind which they guarenteed will never find elsewhere except in islam.
            This.

Peace of mind. I think no matter how lucky, fabulous, rich, etc. All those good qualities we have mean nothing, because our heart is empty. We never have any peace of mind and heart. That peaceful feeling is difficult to get.

"Only in remembrance of Allah (swt) will your heart find peace" (Surah 13: Verse 28)

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Listen to your mum.

Comment

Originally posted by Theguy445 View Post
                Hello my name is Ali and I'm 14 years old. A couple of months ago, I stopped praying five times a day and my mom is now saying that I will no longer get allowance if I don't pray. Why do I have to pray? I think I'm a pretty good person generally. I've been offered weed and cigarettes in high school and I denied them. I'm a good friend. I'm loyal. I don't drink alcohol at parties or do any of that stuff. I don't even swear. So why do I have to pray? I don't see myself changing at all if I pray. I'm the same person I was after I stopped. So what's so important about praying?
                Salam

You cant pick and choose what to follow and practice, it is one of the five pillars of Islam and one of the most important ones that distinguishes a muslim from a non muslim, when you die one of the very first questions you will be asked will about whether you prayed or not. And Salat makes you a much better person. Read some of the other threads on this forum on the importance of Salat, they are very informative. And you should listen to your mother, she is telling you the right thing to do.

Comment

Thats googd thing taht you mentioned as look like yu are looking good human being but if some one give you little help about any matter of life and you will grateful t him so why you dont pray for Allah who created you and create in perfect shape with good health.

Comment

Assalamualikum

i was born and brought up in a islamic family, my family 's very pious and i used to pray atleat 3 waqts a day. i am suffering from depression for the past 13 years and it is associated with exam stress. i was afraid of failure and had 5 episodes till date. now i dont feel like praying,

i challenge the existence of god as why am i having this disease
                    what is qadr and i find it hard to belive in the concept of predetermination

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X