Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it necessary to perform namaz in arabic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it necessary to perform namaz in arabic?

Asalaamu alaikum
    I am from India and i know and understand hindi, english and urdu, i can read and write arabic but can't understand. Though i perform namaz in arabic, i read few duas in urdu, i want to know if this is okay. And when i read duas in arabic it's just because i have learnt them and i don't actually understand each word i say. Some people told me it is necessary to read namaz in arabic so i am in a dilemma. I really want to know about this so that i can make corrections in my namaz. Please share your valuable knowledge about this. I will be glad and thankful if anyone can provide correct resources too. Thanks.

Re: Is it necessary to perform namaz in arabic?

Yes it is obligatory to pray in Arabic. There is a consensus on this issue among the scholars. Only Imam Abu Hanifah allowed praying in ones mother tongue, but his own school did not support this position of his. And other than him I know not of any Scholar who has permitted this. And the reason is that the Prayer consists of Qur'an recitation. And the Qur'an was revealed in Arabic. Its translation is its translation and not the Qur'an itself and thus it cannot be recited in the prayer.
    Watch those eyes

Comment

Re: Is it necessary to perform namaz in arabic?

Thank you Zeeshan for all the information, that helps for sure.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X