X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZeeshanParvez
    replied
    Re: Hadith about attaining sixty years of age

Well first the word اعذر which is used in the Hadith would better be understood here is as "to excuse" and to "forgive" despite the fact that the word has both meanings, in Islam the word forgiveness is mostly always accociated with the word غفر and that word is not used in the Hadith.

Now what Ibn Hajjar says in regards to this Hadith is that it means that God does not leave an excuse for the person as though if a person were to say that if I were to be allotted time to such and such a period I would have done what I am ordered to do and the person is excused up to that point until he reaches the limit in respect to being excused and then remains no excuse from him not to do what he said he would do. At such a point it becomes necessary for the person to become obedient and start asking for forgiveness and begin to do the acts which are beneficial to him in the Hereafter in entirety. And Ibn Hajjar also mentions that God excusing someone is metaphorical and means that He does not leave for a slave any cause for excuse or apology and that God does not establish punishment upon anyone without first giving him a chance.

In simpler words a person is excused up to the age of 60 in hope that he will start following Religion in its entirety and if he does not do so even after that age then he can be expected to be punished at any time since all excuses have finished for him by that age.

Leave a comment:

• Hashim A.
    started a topic Hadith about attaining sixty years of age

Hadith about attaining sixty years of age

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X