Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Do Sunni Muslims hate Shia Muslims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question: Do Sunni Muslims hate Shia Muslims?

When we mention Ahlulbayt we mean The prophet saww, and his household Ali, Fatimah, Hassan and Hussain, and the 11 sons from Hussain (zainunabidin, muhammad baqir, jafar as sadiq, musa al kazim, ali reza, muhammad taq, ali al hadi, hasan al askari, and the awaited saviour Imam Mehdi) peace be upon them all.

Sorry i should have said Ibn Abi quhafa It is how Fatima s.a referred to him at his court about the Fadak issue.

No more replying from me for today. Home time.

Comment

I think all these differences that happened after the death of Muhammad pbuh were more pertinent to the people of that time. I think the place where people fall down today in is saying that oh but this happened and that happened after the prophet pbuh death. And you should follow this and that, when the best thing is to follow the quran and life of Muhammad pbuh and take lessons from the stories of the companions. And respect everyone else that brought the deen to us today. We cannot judge the veracity of what exactly happened and what were the political and social reasons for the differences and getting caught up in them takes us away from Islam. There is enough of Islam to be learnt from Muhammad pbuh, his life sunnah, and the quran, also his sayings. And sticking to that will prevent any deviations.

This is the drawback I see in Sunnis and Shias alike and what they get caught up in throwing allegations against each other and each claiming to be following the truth and then lose sight of what is actually the truth and what is important.
      Last edited by UFM; 06-11-13, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Who is responsible for what is sanctioned by ahalulbayt these days. And what gives them the right. Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by brunlea View Post
          In answer to the Question on the OP, i refer you to this thread: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...sain-Al-Musawi

Thank you.
          I have read that thread and it is just full of children calling each other names!
          This is the issue where Islam, if it really were true, would set itself above and apart from all the other religions. The fact that all religions dissolve into warring schisms and arguing sects is fairly good evidence that the books they are based on are not the perfect, miraculous and infallible word of god. We wouldn't have these differences if they were. Because Islam has gone the same way indicates that it suffers from the same problem.

A united front and universal acceptance has to be one of the first premises for establishing the truth of a religion.

Comment

Originally posted by ReallyCurious View Post
            I have read that thread and it is just full of children calling each other names!
            This is the issue where Islam, if it really were true, would set itself above and apart from all the other religions. The fact that all religions dissolve into warring schisms and arguing sects is fairly good evidence that the books they are based on are not the perfect, miraculous and infallible word of god. We wouldn't have these differences if they were. Because Islam has gone the same way indicates that it suffers from the same problem.

A united front and universal acceptance has to be one of the first premises for establishing the truth of a religion.
            How did you establish that there is a problem with the Scripture and not with the one interpreting the Scripture?

Comment

Originally posted by UFM View Post
              I think all these differences that happened after the death of Muhammad pbuh were more pertinent to the people of that time. I think the place where people fall down today in is saying that oh but this happened and that happened after the prophet pbuh death. And you should follow this and that, when the best thing is to follow the quran and life of Muhammad pbuh and take lessons from the stories of the companions. And respect everyone else that brought the deen to us today. We cannot judge the veracity of what exactly happened and what were the political and social reasons for the differences and getting caught up in them takes us away from Islam. There is enough of Islam to be learnt from Muhammad pbuh, his life sunnah, and the quran, also his sayings. And sticking to that will prevent any deviations.

This is the drawback I see in Sunnis and Shias alike and what they get caught up in throwing allegations against each other and each claiming to be following the truth and then lose sight of what is actually the truth and what is important.
              I agree with you that we stick to the Sunnah of the Prophet saww, and if we do that, undoubtedly that will prevent deviations. The problem is where we source his (saww) sayings Sunnah from. The basic difference is, you take the hadith etc from the Sahaba, whereas our source is the Ahlulbayt and this is the crucial factor. I think we should be able to separate the wrong from the right given how much Islamic history etc is available.

Ahlulbayt (Iirc Imam Jafar as sadiq a.s) has said (am paraphrasing), "take the religion from those who narrate our traditions". The people that narrate the traditions of the Ahlulbayt are the maraja (of shias), so that is where we take all out jurisprudential rulings etc from.

Comment

why shia hate sahaba and prestigious personalities of Islam?
                Learn Quran online | Read and memorize Quran | E Quran academy | Online Quran teaching Skype

Comment

Originally posted by kh4N View Post
                  How did you establish that there is a problem with the Scripture and not with the one interpreting the Scripture?
                  Because the perfect, miraculous and infallible word of an omniscient and omnipotent god should not suffer from contradictory interpretations. If it is, it is plainly not perfect or infallible. However, if it is a collection of writings from medieval men, it is perfectly understandable.
                  You have to remember that every other sect of every other religion is equally convinced that their interpretation is the right one and all the rest are heretics (all with exactly the same weight of evidence as you have).

Comment

Narrated 'Aisha:
                    (mother of the believers) After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle.
                    Allah hates those whom Messenger hates, Messenger hates those whom Fatima Hates.....www.abubakr.org

Comment

Well yes there is a dispute between Sunni and Shi'ite because of their theological differences. Because both couldn't make the other one understand their point because of which the dispute became hatred. And you can say that upto 85% of Ahl-e-sunnah wa'al Jammaat hate Shi'ite. According to Shi'ite whoever stood and still stands against the 14 Infallible in any way is not right either the person is Sahaba or not and while Sunni believes that all Sahaba were right and you cannot say anything against them because they were with Prophet S.a.w.w.

Comment

Originally posted by ammad2011 View Post
                        why shia hate sahaba and prestigious personalities of Islam?
                        Hmm well it's a very long discussion but to simply put the Shi'ite don't hate all the Sahaba. Like Salman e Farsi, Abu zare ghafari, Meesam e tamar, Jabir bin abdullah e ansari, Habib ibn e mazahir etc are held at high esteem in Shi'ite eyes. They only have a dispute among those sahaba who stood against 14 Infallible in some way. For eg according to Shi'ite the Khilafat should be given to Hazrat Ali beacuse of Hadees e Manzilat, Hadees e Ghadir, Dawat e Zulasheera and because of many other reason. And they also give a point as mentioned in Sahih Muslim an Sahih Bukhari that Prophret s.a.w.w. said whoever made Hazrat Fatimah angry he made me angry. And it is said that in Her last days Hazrat Fatimah didn't talked with the Shiekhain uptill her death and asked Hazrat Ali not to allow them to pray her Namaz e Janaza.

Comment

The rafidhis not only curse our sahabas they hold many kufri believes.There kufri believe list is very long.It is impossible to unite with rafidhis.

Comment

Originally posted by ReallyCurious View Post
                            Because the perfect, miraculous and infallible word of an omniscient and omnipotent god should not suffer from contradictory interpretations. If it is, it is plainly not perfect or infallible. However, if it is a collection of writings from medieval men, it is perfectly understandable.
                            You have to remember that every other sect of every other religion is equally convinced that their interpretation is the right one and all the rest are heretics (all with exactly the same weight of evidence as you have).
                            Have you studied each and every sect of each and every religion to reach that conclusion or is your claim based on presumption?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X