• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serio
    replied
    Re: Concept of God: Pre-destination?

Originally posted by ReallyCurious View Post
    But you forgot one thing. Allah has decided everything that will happen to me. He has decreed it, seen it and written it down, 50,000 years before he created the earth. I am only doing what he wants me to do. I am accepting his will, nothing more, nothing less.
    Lol! So you are saying you are a robot now? Whatever you type in here was what He wanted you to type? You need help, thats the final conclusion I can make about you.
    He didn't decide, but you are too blinded to know that actually. And Im not going to waste my time to explain to you why cos you will still see things in your own twisted, crooked way. That is quite obvious from all your replies here

Leave a comment:

• ReallyCurious
    replied

Originally posted by kqaleel View Post
    And what is death for u really curious ?
    The end of life. The brain switches off & the body stops working. A bit like turning off a computer, the software won't work without the hardware. Do you remember what it was like before you were born? That's what it's like after you die (as far as the evidence goes, this is the most likely outcome).

Leave a comment:

• ReallyCurious
    replied

Originally posted by reason12 View Post
    Reason Curious, I don't think any of the verses you post have contradictions.
    Apart from Sura 53 where I was wrong (the version I was recalling did not have the qualifiers for Him/He, my mistake) they all show either contradictions or inaccuracies. At the very least, their ambiguity shows that the Quran could be improved, which in itself contradicts the Quran.

Leave a comment:

• reason12
    replied

Reason Curious, I don't think any of the verses you post have contradictions.

Leave a comment:

• reason12
    replied

yes , i am doing research on it . i just dont get the logic of it

What is this Qadr , many say i am having all this problem due to lack of iman and belief in qadr. I find it ridiculous- the concept of Qadr. Allah has pre determined everything, he knows who will be in heaven and hell. All had been pre written, Then what is the logic in this so called TESTING. Isnt it kind of playing a FIXED MATCH ?? God is being cruel towards all the non muslims by making them not to believe and leading them to hell !!
    Good job. That is exactly what it is. Playing a fixed match. Except the human being is not "playing" anything. Only Allah is. There is no test. There is only a game. The Qur'aan says that life is not a game, but let's face it. From the perspective of Islam, life is nothing but a game.

Leave a comment:

• ReallyCurious
    replied

so who is at the top of evolution ?? what will happen in the future , will men get more sophisticated and will lead to a new species ??
    There is no "top" of evolution. This is a common mistake which usually places humans at the top. Whichever species are best evolved to their particular ecological niche could be considered top, but there could be many different ones. It's like saying "who's the best sportsman in the world?" It depends what sport you are talking about.

Most species will continue to evolve, especially as man's influence is altering many environments. Humans are a slightly different case as we have evolved and advanced to a level where we can overcome some of the processes which control evolution (individuals that would die in the "wild" are kept alive with surgery and medicine, agriculture allows us to feed many more than would normally be possible, we can live in very hot & very cold regions, etc). The periods of time required are huge. Any new species would not emerge for tens of thousands of years, probably more. Technology will keep advancing as long as society is prosperous and stable. It is not guaranteed. Look at Egypt, 4000 years ago they were the most advanced society on the planet, 200 years ago they were lagging well behind.

Leave a comment:

• ReallyCurious
    replied

can u explain about this ecological niche ??
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_niche

Consider the Australian Aborigine. He is Homo Sapiens, but at the time of the settling of the interior by Europeans, they were no more advanced than European Stone Age while the settlers had ocean going ships, steam power, guns, etc. If our development was a divine gift, why did it not apply to all humans?

Leave a comment:

• kqaleel
    replied

No.
    Correct.
    Because they inhabit a different ecological niche.

Come on. If you really are a final-year medical student, you should know all this!
    so who is at the top of evolution ?? what will happen in the future , will men get more sophisticated and will lead to a new species ??

Leave a comment:

• ReallyCurious
    replied

Originally posted by serio View Post
    Just because they look all skinny and sickly doesnt mean that they actually feel any pain
    This rivals Khan for most offensive post of the week.

And that is why time and time again He tells us that our mind is not capable of truly understanding what is happening
    Some obviously more than others.

Leave a comment:

• kqaleel
    replied

No.
    Correct.

Come on. If you really are a final-year medical student, you should know all this!
    can u explain about this ecological niche ??

Leave a comment:

• ReallyCurious
    replied

and u are saying human beings are at the top of the pyramid of evolution ?? If u accept it , then humans really deserve a special position, dont they ? And evolution was never linear , it had radiations - many species are sophisticated in their faculties , but none is there like humans , why ??
    No.
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• ReallyCurious
    replied

But you forgot one thing...the brain that you have..Allah gave it to you. So perhaps its a test on you to see what you would do with it..and obviously you are going all out to go against Him. Congrats again!
    But you forgot one thing. Allah has decided everything that will happen to me. He has decreed it, seen it and written it down, 50,000 years before he created the earth. I am only doing what he wants me to do. I am accepting his will, nothing more, nothing less.

Leave a comment:

• kqaleel
    replied

Originally posted by reallycurious View Post
    it's quite simple and also quite complicated.
    Firstly, "civilised" is a subjective term! I'll assume that you meant advanced or intelligent.
    Essentially it is down to the combination of brain size and physiology. Dolphins have brains as large as humans but they don't have a body able to exploit its potential. The only species that could possibly have evolved to our level are the primates (flexible digits and opposable thumbs plus large brain). We just happen to be the ones who evolved to fill this ecological niche. It could have been neanderthals, or one of the other branches of australopithicus or homo which died out.

We are, indeed, an extra-ordinary breed, as are sharks, eagles, crocodiles, hippopotami, ants, wolves, etc, etc. The only reason that we think we are different is that we are able to think that we are different.

This is a very strange question from a final-year medical student. It's like saying, why aren't there flying humans or lions that can breath breathe underwater, or why aren't there colonies of hippos living underground and able to carry 100 times their own weight. Daft!

and u are saying human beings are at the top of the pyramid of evolution ?? If u accept it , then humans really deserve a special position, dont they ? And evolution was never linear , it had radiations - many species are sophisticated in their faculties , but none is there like humans , why ??

Leave a comment:

• kqaleel
    replied

And what is death for u really curious ?

Leave a comment:

• kqaleel
    replied

It's quite simple and also quite complicated.
    Firstly, "civilised" is a subjective term! I'll assume that you meant advanced or intelligent.
    Essentially it is down to the combination of brain size and physiology. Dolphins have brains as large as humans but they don't have a body able to exploit its potential. The only species that could possibly have evolved to our level are the primates (flexible digits and opposable thumbs plus large brain). We just happen to be the ones who evolved to fill this ecological niche. It could have been Neanderthals, or one of the other branches of Australopithicus or Homo which died out.

We are, indeed, an extra-ordinary breed, as are sharks, eagles, crocodiles, hippopotami, ants, wolves, etc, etc. The only reason that we think we are different is that we are able to think that we are different.

This is a very strange question from a final-year medical student. It's like saying, why aren't there flying humans or lions that can breath breathe underwater, or why aren't there colonies of hippos living underground and able to carry 100 times their own weight. Daft!
    but these crocodiles are not shooting us with cameras and watching it under "HUMAN PLANET " Do they ?? ;-)

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X