Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I doomed?

Originally posted by Ahmed ibn Adan View Post
    I think you should look into the literary structure of the Qur'an and the academic challenge pertaining that unique structure. Maybe that is the kind of evidence you need?
    I have, indeed, looked at this argument and read several articles and essays. I cannot see that it is based on anything more substantial than a claim of an original literary style, no part of which can be reproduced or improved upon. Having read the Quran in English, this is obviously not the case with the translation. The argument usually continues that it only applies to the original, classical Arabic version. As the vast majority of those making this argument are neither fluent in classical Arabic nor experts in classical Arabic literature, this is no more than hearsay. Even if the proponent was a fluent classical Arabic literary expert, the observations are overwhelmingly subjective with an a priori belief in the miraculous. I have yet to read anything by a non-believer which supports this claim.

Hamza Tzorzis, in his essay on the subject, states "What makes the Qur’an a miracle, is that it is impossible for a human being to compose something like it". This is just circular logic. It is not impossible, as a human did compose it, even allowing that it has not been repeated. The simple fact that a human did compose it is proof that it is not miraculous. The evidence for it's divine origin needs to come from somewhere other than the assertion that it is, in itself, divine.

I have not read anything in medieval English to match Chaucer, or colloquial Scots to match Welsh, or idiomatic American to match Morgan. Literary genius, yes. Miraculous, no. Camus, even when translated into English, is breathtaking in his inimitability. In French, it must be even better! Even the Lord of the Rings was utterly unique when written and although it has been copied countless times, it has never been equalled. Was Tolkien divinely inspired, or just a good storyteller?

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
      What have you learned about the Prophet :saw: about his legacy ?, from Muslim sources primarily.
      What do you know about the things prophesied by him and about him?
      Do you not find it odd, that many men have come throughout history making the same claim, not wanting status based on this claim.
      I have learned much, both from an historical and a religious viewpoint. There is some corroboration and some contradiction as well as some controversy. It must be remembered that there are many historical figures, from later in history, for whom there is much more historical, archaeological, literary and corroborative evidence; about whom there is still controversy and disagreement amongst historians.
      I would be interested to hear about any specific prophesies he made which have come about.
      Not sure what your last sentence is referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
        What have you learned about the Prophet :saw: about his legacy ?, from Muslim sources primarily.
        What do you know about the things prophesied by him and about him?
        Do you not find it odd, that many men have come throughout history making the same claim, not wanting status based on this claim.
        You find it odd that Muslims like other Muslims?

Comment

Never mind, I just understood your question. Are you saying that many people have claimed that he has communicated with a divine deity? If I am still wrong, please correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Abd-ur Rahman View Post
            When I was 13 (I had already started puberty) I used to go on a forum. On the forum I used to make very haraam jokes several of them were about selling your soul to satan I even went as far as telling people to sacrifice a kitten in the name of satan to get a premium membership. People knew I was joking and never took it seriously, and I was a Muslim back then but not very practicing. I look back at that and think "have I done shirk" I know Allah does not forgive shirk so is there any point in repenting, am I doomed?
            I hope this will change your view about Allah and how Merciful he is,

When Faroon was drowing and was close to death, Angel Jibrael kept stuffing mud in his mouth in fear that he would repent and Allah would accept his repentance.

The moral of the story: Jibrael knew Allah would bestow His Mercy on Faroon if he asked for one. And this is Faroon that we are talking-He was the cause of so MUCH evil.

If Allah would've forgiven Faroon, then why wouldn't He forgive you.

You need to stop thinking that Allah won't forgive you and you are doomed because that is a form of small shirk and can open up traps from the Shaytaan to give up hope and invite you to commit more evil deeds.

With all this being said, stop doing make those jokes and sincerely repent EVERYDAY and you should be fine.

I can't stress how important it is to seek forgiveness everyday. I've just recently started doing this.

Allah’s statement, "Except those who repent, have faith and good deeds, those Allah will charge their sins for good deeds. Certainly Allah is most forgiving and merciful."

Comment

Well, Your not doomed! Ask from Allah, He'll without a doubt answer your prayers. Allah Says "ask from me and I will gove it to You". Its never too late. Its only late at the time of your death. So before that time comes just ask for forgiveness from the forgiver.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X