Am I doomed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I doomed?

When I was 13 (I had already started puberty) I used to go on a forum. On the forum I used to make very haraam jokes several of them were about selling your soul to satan I even went as far as telling people to sacrifice a kitten in the name of satan to get a premium membership. People knew I was joking and never took it seriously, and I was a Muslim back then but not very practicing. I look back at that and think "have I done shirk" I know Allah does not forgive shirk so is there any point in repenting, am I doomed?

Re: Am I doomed?

and how old are you now?

Yes, Allah does not forgive shirk.

But did Allah forgive shirk of Umar (RA)? That of Wahshi (RA)? and that of all other sahaba that embraced islam? They were all in shirk before they came into Islam.

What it means, when Allah does not forgive shirk, is that... if a person dies in the state of shirk Allah doesn't forgives such a sin. However, if a person seeks forgiveness for his sins... including shirk and turns towards Allah and repents for his sins... then Allah forgives all the sins including shirk
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Not much time has passed since I did this, I am only 14 now. Yes I know that, but even when I said these things I claimed to be a Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Abd-ur Rahman View Post
        Not much time has passed since I did this, I am only 14 now. Yes I know that, but even when I said these things I claimed to be a Muslim.
        :salams

Repent to Allah He is oft forgiving.
        Don't wait any longer just repent to Him sincerely, make a resolve to never do such a thing again.
        And you shall be forgiven insha'Allah
        Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

prophet :saw: said... a time will come in his ummah... when a person is muslim in the morning.. but by the time he goes to sleep he becomes a kaffir (meaning due to his actions).... and a man goes to sleep as a muslim but by the time he wakes up in the morning he becomes a kaffir...

yet Allah is oft forgiving... as long as one repents...the door of forgiveness is open from Allah swt. so dont let shaitaan deceive you. just seek forgiveness from Allah swt.
          لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

But how can he forgive me if he does not forgive such a sin?

Comment

But how can he forgive me if he does not forgive such a sin?
              As long as you are still alive, there isn't a single sin that you cannot repent from.
              If you die without repenting then you are doomed, but as long as you are alive you can still repent.

Comment

Thank you brother, this idea I had that there is no use repenting really depressed me, but know that I know I still have a chance I am no longer in despair.

Comment

Thank you brother, this idea I had that there is no use repenting really depressed me, but know that I know I still have a chance I am no longer in despair.
                  Don't delay your repentance, for any sin, repent as soon as you can.
                  Because you don't know when death will catch you

Comment

Shirk is only never forgiven if you die having not repented from it. Otherwise, as long as u are alive, as long as u make sincere repentanc,e you will be forgiven, and also follow up bad deeds with as many good ones as you can.
                    Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
                      As long as you are still alive, there isn't a single sin that you cannot repent from.
                      If you die without repenting then you are doomed, but as long as you are alive you can still repent.
                      An interesting answer which raises a question relevant to a discussion we were having on another thread about morality.
                      A Muslim can still enter paradise, regardless of previous misdeeds, no matter how bad he has been, as long as he genuinely repents.
                      But a kufr can never enter paradise, even if he has been faultless, selfless and charitable for his entire life?
                      What about children too young to understand religion, or brought up under other religions or even none?

Comment

Originally posted by ReallyCurious View Post
                        An interesting answer which raises a question relevant to a discussion we were having on another thread about morality.
                        A Muslim can still enter paradise, regardless of previous misdeeds, no matter how bad he has been, as long as he genuinely repents.
                        But a kufr can never enter paradise, even if he has been faultless, selfless and charitable for his entire life?
                        What about children too young to understand religion, or brought up under other religions or even none?
                        Firstly kufr and shirk are unforgivable if one dies upon them, that's just a fact.
                        And the kafir never repents from the kufr or shirk, so they don't get forgiven thus end up in hell.
                        As for children, those who are younger than the age of understanding, which differs per child depending on maturity, they are granted Paradise.
                        Those who die without ever receiving the message or they were not able to process it, think about the mentally insane or handicap, they will be given a test in the hereafter.

Comment

Firstly kufr and shirk are unforgivable if one dies upon them, that's just a fact.
                          And the kafir never repents from the kufr or shirk, so they don't get forgiven thus end up in hell.
                          As for children, those who are younger than the age of understanding, which differs per child depending on maturity, they are granted Paradise.
                          Those who die without ever receiving the message or they were not able to process it, think about the mentally insane or handicap, they will be given a test in the hereafter.
                          Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, the act of not believing is sufficient to go to hell, regardless of how good your life has been? Conversely, a Muslim can live a life of crime and depravity yet still reach paradise if he genuinely repents before death?

Your last point raises a couple more questions.
                          How do we define "not able to process"? A rationalist scientist who was a "perfect saint", for example, may not be able to process the message because the way his brain works will not let him accept non-evidential things. Would he be given a test? Also, what does this test consist of? Obviously it cannot be based on scripture as they will have no knowledge of it. If it was based on their reactions to situations and how they behaved during their life, would not the scientist get in?

Comment

Originally posted by ReallyCurious View Post
                            Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, the act of not believing is sufficient to go to hell, regardless of how good your life has been? Conversely, a Muslim can live a life of crime and depravity yet still reach paradise if he genuinely repents before death?

Your last point raises a couple more questions.
                            How do we define "not able to process"? A rationalist scientist who was a "perfect saint", for example, may not be able to process the message because the way his brain works will not let him accept non-evidential things. Would he be given a test? Also, what does this test consist of? Obviously it cannot be based on scripture as they will have no knowledge of it. If it was based on their reactions to situations and how they behaved during their life, would not the scientist get in?
                            For the first question, yes sincere repentance removes any sin, but it wouldn't be accepted if done at the moment of death. For instance you're about the breath your last, then you repent. That wouldn't accepted. So repentance must be done before the moment of death is in sight. And the sin of disbelief is the biggest sin of all sins, so that automatically grants a pass to hell.

With "not able to process" I mean that the person doesn't posses the mental capabilities as I gave the example of people who are actually insane or are handicap.
                            A scientist wouldn't full under that category in my opinion.

As for the test, on the Day of Judgement, a messenger from Allah will come to them and a fire will be presented to them. The messenger will instruct them to jump into that fire, if they obey that command, that means that if the message would have reached them in this life, they would have followed it, and if they disobey then with will mean the opposite.

Comment

For the first question, yes sincere repentance removes any sin, but it wouldn't be accepted if done at the moment of death. For instance you're about the breath your last, then you repent. That wouldn't accepted. So repentance must be done before the moment of death is in sight. And the sin of disbelief is the biggest sin of all sins, so that automatically grants a pass to hell.
                              I need to get this straight.
                              A believer who murders women and children for fun but afterwards repents, is less of a sinner than the non-believer who has lived a life of perfect saintliness? The child murderer will reach paradise and the perfect "saint" will go to hell?
                              Not only does it not seem to make sense, but it seems neither just nor merciful. I know you say that disbelief is the biggest sin of all but surely murdering children for fun is worse?

In the case of the scientist, what I meant was, for example, someone who wanted to believe but having read all the books and heard all the arguments, their logical mind told them they couldn't believe, despite wanting to. I know people in that exact position.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X