Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Sources on my Points

Salam my brothers,

(I barely know anything right now about the important Aspects of early Islam) :

But somebody told me that nearly all Allegations that are always being made on the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) are based upon the work of the early author "Ibn-Ishaaq".

So I searched for him and on a Website it is said that ;
    -he was a Shia,
    -that the Chains of Transmissions of his were incomplete,
    -that it is not even known if he ever released a book and all his work is probably some students note
    -that his report about Laylat al Qadr (the first revelation), contradicts all the hadith versions.

Can anybody pleeeease give me a source where I can confirm all these points, it would mean very much to me if I could confirm all this from a book instead of a Website? (I only understand English)

Plus can anybody name me a book where I can read about general things, like who were the most important/ earlies biographers/historians about the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him)? Like on whom do we muslims base our knowledge?

I would be very, very much pleasd if somebody would take his time to tell me which books can confirm the above points.

May Allah always help us to gain new knowledge.

Re: Need Sources on my Points

Originally posted by NewIntoIslam View Post
    -that his report about Laylat al Qadr (the first revelation), contradicts all the hadith versions.
    Sorry I mixed this one up. I actually want to ask, what is meant by that his report about Laylat al Qadr is contradicting? What is Ibn-Ishaaq reporting?

Comment

Wa'alaikumussalam

Welcome to Islam, brother. I am sorry I can't help you with the book about Ibn Ishaaq, however, I can help you out with books for general things of Islam. Just send me an e-mail, Insha Allah, I can send you some ebooks. My e-mail address is on my profile.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by NewIntoIslam View Post
        Salam my brothers,

(I barely know anything right now about the important Aspects of early Islam) :

But somebody told me that nearly all Allegations that are always being made on the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) are based upon the work of the early author "Ibn-Ishaaq".

So I searched for him and on a Website it is said that ;
        -he was a Shia,
        -that the Chains of Transmissions of his were incomplete,
        -that it is not even known if he ever released a book and all his work is probably some students note

Can anybody pleeeease give me a source where I can confirm all these points, it would mean very much to me if I could confirm all this from a book instead of a Website? (I only understand English)

Plus can anybody name me a book where I can read about general things, like who were the most important/ earlies biographers/historians about the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him)? Like on whom do we muslims base our knowledge?

I would be very, very much pleasd if somebody would take his time to tell me which books can confirm the above points.

May Allah always help us to gain new knowledge.
        Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb

Since you are new to Islam i will not suggest you to read any book on or by Ibn Ishaaq.

Some books you might like and would Insha Allah increase your knowledge >>>> http://www.talibeilm.com/new-muslims.html

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X