• Show
Clear All

• Moderate sunni scholars

looking for recommendations:o

Re: Moderate sunni scholars

Originally posted by Manar. View Post
    looking for recommendations:o
    What does moderate mean?

Personally, I observe that there institutionalized scholars, aka government scholars, scholars for dollars, and those who have surrendered to Taghut through their capitulations and omissions.
    And there there are liberated scholars, righteous scholars, those who are true followers of the prophets (as), though perhaps at different levels.

I don't recognize "moderate" or "extreme" or "liberal". Those are parts of aspecttu
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
      What does moderate mean?

Personally, I observe that there institutionalized scholars, aka government scholars, scholars for dollars, and those who have surrendered to Taghut through their capitulations and omissions.
      And there there are liberated scholars, righteous scholars, those who are true followers of the prophets (as), though perhaps at different levels.

I don't recognize "moderate" or "extreme" or "liberal". Those are parts of aspecttu
      Chest-beating rhetoric aside, the brother has a point: what is meant by "moderate"? Do you mean pragmatic? Able to address issues in a modern context? Or, do you just mean someone who is unwilling to talk about politics or acknowledge political/cultural realities?

At any rate, check this youtube channel, it is from the ulema of Trinidad: www.youtube.com/user/wevolutions. They are generally very good, especially Maulana Sheraz Ali.
      "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

I know no one who fits that description than mohamed hassan Dedew

Comment

I don't know how to explain it myself, i grew up with hearing how everything is wrong and haram and there's only one way. So this is not what i'm looking for, but i'm also not looking for someone too loose, i know i'm still not clear,
          example:
          shaking hands with a man
          possible opinions:
          1. no absolutely not
          2. sure, it's normal
          3. don't stick out your hand but if someone offers their hand then shake it

I'm looking for something along the 3rd

Comment

You'll have to be clear and define more when looking for scholars. Theres also a question of which madhab you follow.

Hanafi, Shafi... etc.
            #BeardGang

Comment

anwar al awlaki, abu muhammad al maqdisi, abu qatada, ahmad musa jibril. they're all very moderate :].

Descendants of the Sahaba أحفاد الصحابة
              Surah An-Nisa 69-78
              "Today, it's time to stop singing and start swinging" - Malcolm X as-Shaheed

Comment

Originally posted by ___ View Post
                You'll have to be clear and define more when looking for scholars. Theres also a question of which madhab you follow.

Hanafi, Shafi... etc.
                Just quran and sunna

Comment

Originally posted by Fadi View Post
                  anwar al awlaki, abu muhammad al maqdisi, abu qatada, ahmad musa jibril. they're all very moderate :].
                  My gosh he has to be one of the BEST speakers in this world. May Allah have mercy on him so sad that many Muslims think badly of him because of terrorist country America

Comment

Perhaps you should listen to Noman Ali Khan, Mufti Menk, Omar Suleiman,and Abdel rahman murphy

Comment

Just quran and sunna
                      All madhab is according to the quran and sunnah

Comment

I don't know how to explain it myself, i grew up with hearing how everything is wrong and haram and there's only one way. So this is not what i'm looking for, but i'm also not looking for someone too loose, i know i'm still not clear,
                        example:
                        shaking hands with a man
                        possible opinions:
                        1. no absolutely not
                        2. sure, it's normal
                        3. don't stick out your hand but if someone offers their hand then shake it

I'm looking for something along the 3rd
                        No one worthy of th etitle "Scholar" would say the third. If any Scholar said the third then he'd be guilty of:

Kufr ul-Istihal: Disbelief out of trying to make haram into halal. This applies to someone who accepts as lawful (halal) that which Allah has made unlawful (haram) like alcohol or adultery. Only Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala, has the prerogative to make things halal and haram and those who seek to interfere with His right are like rivals to Him and therefore fall outside the boundries of faith.

We all commit sins and InshAllah we all repent for them. Seeking to justify a sin is something altogether different.
                        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                          No one worthy of th etitle "Scholar" would say the third. If any Scholar said the third then he'd be guilty of:

Kufr ul-Istihal: Disbelief out of trying to make haram into halal. This applies to someone who accepts as lawful (halal) that which Allah has made unlawful (haram) like alcohol or adultery. Only Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala, has the prerogative to make things halal and haram and those who seek to interfere with His right are like rivals to Him and therefore fall outside the boundries of faith.

We all commit sins and InshAllah we all repent for them. Seeking to justify a sin is something altogether different.
                          Jazakallah khair

Comment

Originally posted by arif123f View Post
                            All madhab is according to the quran and sunnah
                            If that were true then there wouldn't be different madhhabs
                            Jazak allah khair pious woman, i know two of them and will check out the rest

Comment

If that were true then there wouldn't be different madhhabs
                              Jazak allah khair pious woman, i know two of them and will check out the rest
                              To deny it being true is to have no understanding of how the commands of Allah ta'ala and the Sunnah came to be/were revealed.

There are no Scholars that back the opinion you have stated nor should the fact that you were originally looking for a "Scholar" that would authorise you to disobey Allah ta'ala be glossed over.
                              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X