Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is music halal or haram?

obviously music is haram.

BUT, is music without musical instruments halal? the song does not have any bad words, or any bad messages, its a country song. if i listened to the version of it that does not contain musical instruments, is that haram?

i guess it would be considered poetry?

Re: Is music HARAm....or Halal......?

:salams

You mean like nasheeds?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Re: Is music HARAm....or Halal......?

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      :salams

You mean like nasheeds?
      no, akhi. i know nasheeds are halal if there are no musical instruments.

im talking about a song, that doesn't contain any music...like a nasheed, except it isn't related to Islam in any way. but there are no bad meanings to the song. just the man's voice singing about someone that received injustice.

Comment

For those who used to listen to music/were addicted to it

Simple question really..how did you stop?

Also try not to turn this into a debate on whether music is haram or not. Please :D

Comment

Re: For those who used to listen to music/were addicted to it

read quran more, as much as I can
          Please forgive me if I have ever offended you. :jkk:

My Humble Blog..

Comment

I'll try that.

Although I can't go a day without listening to music :/ sometimes it prevents me from reading the Quran

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
              I'll try that.

Although I can't go a day without listening to music :/ sometimes it prevents me from reading the Quran
              Nice, if you read them correctly, you'll find them nicer to listen to compared to music, insyaAllah
              Please forgive me if I have ever offended you. :jkk:

My Humble Blog..

Comment

First attempt = FAIL.

Second attempt = FAIL.

Third attempt (during Ramadan) = I did it !! Went cold turkey. None of that cutting down ish.

Was soooo hard. Alhamdulilah it's been almost 2 years buuut I still get urges to turn up the Music,

when that happens I either listen to nasheeds or Quran, both help.

Sometimes the urge to listen is sooo strong and the only way not to give in is to sing the songs out of my head =/ lol
                Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                  First attempt = FAIL.

Second attempt = FAIL.

Third attempt (during Ramadan) = I did it !! Went cold turkey. None of that cutting down ish.

Was soooo hard. Alhamdulilah it's been almost 2 years buuut I still get urges to turn up the Music,

when that happens I either listen to nasheeds or Quran, both help.

Sometimes the urge to listen is sooo strong and the only way not to give in is to sing the songs out of my head =/ lol
                  Awww that sounds rough. At least you haven't given in though! Very strong of you...

I can't imagine not listening to music...it seems difficult to do.

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                    Awww that sounds rough. At least you haven't given in though! Very strong of you...
                    I can't imagine not listening to music...it seems difficult to do.
                    Not me, Allah helps me not give in. Alhamdulillah.

I couldn't imagine giving it up either but now I'm just like '' Music??errrm what is that?? lool
                    Gone with the wind.

Comment

Remove everything from your iTunes, cell phone, iPod, MP3, PC, laptop, etc.

You have to take the step to not do it, then Allah will help you stay steadfast on it.
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Keep yourself busy. My bad habits intensified when I was at home and bored. For the last few months, Ive been having tons of extracurriculars and schoolwork. I never get time to listen anyway :)

So don't leave yourself doing nothing. Idleness is the devils workshop. Always be doing something, like reading a little bit of quran, exercising, cleaning, sewing, etc.

The longer you don't listen to music, the more appealing the quran sounds, that's how you know you've truly quit. And don't go back even for a 1 minute song. I did that one time and UGH
                        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

I stopped for about a year. I replaced it with just Quran recitations and I didn't get the urge to wanna listen to music again until a few months after I stopped. Which is surprising because I listened to it so much that I'd be listening to it whilst watching tv. Anyway, I started listening again unfortunetly so gonna have to replace it again and inshAllah this time I'll stop for good because its adding on my sins
                          "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Cold turkey for over two years alhamdulillah.

Descendants of the Sahaba أحفاد الصحابة
                            Surah An-Nisa 69-78
                            "Today, it's time to stop singing and start swinging" - Malcolm X as-Shaheed

Comment

was the hardest thing I've ever done. I still get them cravings, but I avoid my laptop when that happens.
                              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Working...
                              X