Does Belief in Allah Cure Depression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Belief in Allah Cure Depression?

The Biology and Treatment of Clinical Depressionhttp://www.channel4.com/science/micr...epression.html
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Does Belief in Allah Cure Depression?

Salam,

Can religion (Islam) cure depression?
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

www.islam-qa.com)

Comment

I think it can because with Islam you begin to accept everything good or bad which happens in your life as the will of Allah.

And inshAllah you learn to have more patience

Comment

It could for some people in some circumstances, but not necessarily so. Many very religious people have suffered from depression despite the fact, sometimes only medication and counseling can help, and sometimes that does not help either.

Comment

Somehow the word depression became awfully unfamiliar to me when I began praying my salats.

be4 then I was always depressed.:)

Allah is great. Alhamdulilah.

Comment

I dont even know what depression is!

wallah it shows how ill and not good Muslims we can be...

Depression is a result of weakness in Iman it can only be that maybe added with some stress due to current lifestyle but surely

ISLAM DOES CURE DEPRESSION! AND MORE!

The Quraan is a miracle in itself read it as much as you can...

ws

Comment

I reckon yes....cos it shows you the purpose of life, it gives you a reason to live, it gives you hope when things aren't going great, cos you know u've got a goal to work for (ie Jannah ;) )
                & it helps you realise that everything happens for a reason, n Allah knows whats best for you even if its something you dont like.
                Qur'an has got so much stuff in it that can cheer u up and give u strength to deal with ur problems, and the brotherhood / sisterhood of Islam should help aswell cos u shouldn't have to feel alone, and dua is a powerful thing aswell...n if u ask Allah to help you with depression, he can help you cos Allah can cure anything (of course)
                & personally, i did used to be prone to depression as a kid b4 i was muslim but Islam helped me loads cos now most of the time I'm like this :D lol
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Allah swt can cure depression and much more but this does not mean we should not take the means.

Comment

it depends on the teachings of the religion and the attitude of the follower.

and Allah has control over the hearts..........

Comment

Originally posted by Blaster

Depression is a result of weakness in Iman it can only be that maybe added with some stress due to current lifestyle but surely

ws
                      No, certain depression can be caused by medical conditions and chemical imbalances in the brain. It also might be caused from traumatic instance such as rape or abuse, or even chemical changes that affect some women during pregnancy. If someone gets an infection does that mean that they are weak? If someone gets cancer does it mean they are weak? If they take medication and see a doctor to get a cure, does that mean that they are weak?

Understand the condition before you make a judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by dour
                        No, certain depression can be caused by medical conditions and chemical imbalances in the brain. It also might be caused from traumatic instance such as rape or abuse, or even chemical changes that affect some women during pregnancy. If someone gets an infection does that mean that they are weak? If someone gets cancer does it mean they are weak? If they take medication and see a doctor to get a cure, does that mean that they are weak?

Thats true eh dour, JazakhAllah khair for those points.

Comment

Also like to point out that, yes for some people in some cases, depresion can be traced to a loss of faith and going back to that faith can actually cure depresion or help in its cure. But that is only for some people in certain cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaster

ws
                            Salaams

I disagree that depression is a sign of weak iman. Depression is an illness just like any other like diabetes or high blood pressure or any other, maybe thats a bad example but what im trying to say is that just because you cant physically see it does'nt mean its not there. DEPRESSION is real and if you suffer from it does'nt mean you have weak iman. In fact it tests your iman and makes it stronger

Comment

Originally posted by dour

Respect to you Dour, that was well stated.

We dont need ppl like Blaster making snap judgements abt things which they no nothing about

And i pray Blaster that you never hav to suffer from depression ever in your life, because brother let me tell you- it aint no bed of roses.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X