Please help me understand Hadith bukhari:4102

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me understand Hadith bukhari:4102

I have not understood completely what has happened here. Did prophet Mohammed(peace be upon him) spat on food that was brought by another person for Allah's Blessings?
    Can anyone please explain to me about the spat part?

Here is the link for the full hadith: https://sunnah.com/bukhari:4102

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah

this hadith tells us about one of the many miracles of the prophet peace be upon him
    context of the hadith
    5th year of the hijra in shawal
    when Banu Nadir heard what happened in the battle of Uhud they went to Quraysh to agitate them to fight the prophet peace be upon him they also promised them to help them with whatever they can and they will also call Banu Qurayza to help them fight . alot of tribes gathered estimated by 10.000 warriors wich was alot back then they were armed to the teeth they came to Al Madina when the prophet peace be upon him heard about this he started preparing for them he went out with hes companions estimated from around 700 to 3000 and started digging a trench despite being starving exhausted cold . the prophet peace be upon him was digging with them

source Ibn Al-Othaymin may allah have marcy on hes soul
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmt5XnfIVHY&t=143s

in this part i will try to clarify since english translations of the hadith might cause confusion to some people
    jabir may allah be pleased with him saw the prophet peace be upon him in the state of severe hunger when he was done digging the trench so jabir may allah be pleased with him returned to hes wife to look for any food he can find for the prophet peace be upon him they only had an amount enough to feed 2 people so jabir may allah be pleased with him told the prophet secretly because he didnt have enough food for everyone just for the prophet peace be upon him and one person but the prophet peace be upon him allways care for others so he raised hes voice and told all the people in the trench that jabir had food for them . the prophet peace be upon him also told jabir may allah be pleased with him to not start preparing the food untill he comes . when they brought the food to the prophet peace be upon he spat on it invoked for Allah's Blessings then the food that was supposed to feed 2 person fed 1000 people and there was still more remaining
    now if you have a problem with the prophet peace be upon him spiting on the food you need to understand that the prophet peace be upon him is pure and hes saliva is blessed . spiting on the food was a reason for the miracle to happen just like moses peace be upon him hitting the sea with hes staff was a reason for the sea to split of course allah suhanahu wa talaa could make those miracles happen without any actions required from hes prophet but we learn from this that we should try our best and make an effort and allah will help us even when it comes to the miracles of the prophets
    if you still have problems fell free to pm me

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X