Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which Qur'an reciters do you like to recite alongside with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which Qur'an reciters do you like to recite alongside with?

Assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

hey peeps, so was wondering which Qur'an reciters do you like to recite alongside with?

I lurve reciting alongside my favourite (faster) paced reciters muhammad muhaisany and muhammad luhaidan

Mansour Al Salimi, Ismail Annuri,

Comment

Wa alaykumasalam wa rahmatullah, Sheikh shuraim, and othman kamel

Comment

Originally posted by Beastslayer47 View Post
        Mansour Al Salimi, Ismail Annuri,
        always loved shaykh mansours tilawah when listening to his talks but cant click with it when its just him reciting for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSleep View Post
          Wa alaykumasalam wa rahmatullah, Sheikh shuraim, and othman kamel
          yea like listening to the old school early 200s shuraim and sudais taraweeh, nostalgic

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

yea like listening to the old school early 200s shuraim and sudais taraweeh, nostalgic
            I've never really liked sudais, in the casette tapes we would get, shuraim amd sudais's recitations would be together and we would always skip sudais as soon as we heard his voice. He drags his voice unnecesarily and i dont find his voice pleasant.

You should listen to othman kamal if you havent already. Beautiful voice, beautiful tajweed, and just beautiful way of reciting. Its not forced and you can tell he is reciting while pondering the meaning and not to get a certain melody. I also dislike when reciters make their voice too soft and breathy (to try make it beautiful im assuming). And othman doesnt do that, he has a nice voice naturally ma sha allah

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSleep

I've never really liked sudais, in the casette tapes we would get, shuraim amd sudais's recitations would be together and we would always skip sudais as soon as we heard his voice. He drags his voice unnecesarily and i dont find his voice pleasant.

You should listen to othman kamal if you havent already. Beautiful voice, beautiful tajweed, and just beautiful way of reciting. Its not forced and you can tell he is reciting while pondering the meaning and not to get a certain melody. I also dislike when reciters make their voice too soft and breathy (to try make it beautiful im assuming). And othman doesnt do that, he has a nice voice naturally ma sha allah
              Bro it just reminds me of my late teens when I got a Qur'an player which had sudais and shuraim, that technology to have like a Qur'an player was a big thing back then lol

Not really heard of Othman Kamal, is he Turkish? Sounds like a Turkish name

I'll check him out on YouTube

For the faster reciters I love muhaisany and luhaidan

Another new one I heard recently who seems to imitate muhaisany is Yusuf Al aidroos,
              I'm sure you'll love his recitations in Sha Allah

For the medium sort of pace reciters I like raad Al kurdi, Idris Akbar and the likes of Abdullah matrood, Abdullah matrood got a blessed tone, speed and voice imo and I love listening to his recitation

Honestly though I love the Egyptian qaris best,
              I found that listening to them with Arabic text helped me speed up my recitation

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical
                Originally posted by DreamSleep

Bro it just reminds me of my late teens when I got a Qur'an player which had sudais and shuraim, that technology to have like a Qur'an player was a big thing back then lol

Another new one I heard recently who seems to imitate muhaisany is Yusuf Al aidroos,

For the medium sort of pace reciters I like raad Al kurdi, Idris Akbar and the likes of Abdullah matrood, Abdullah matrood got a blessed tone, speed and voice imo and I love listening to his recitation

I found that listening to them with Arabic text helped me speed up my recitation
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVRun-ybkOw

Comment

Yes those casette times are nostalgic. We had a big casette player and when we got the mini carry around ones and CD players, ir was a big deal.

Ill check all of them out in sha allah, i want to expand the number of reciters, im too attached just to a couple few. Othman is egyptian actually as well.

You're right, egyptians read amazing wallah, i love the classical hussary and minshawi.

Im linking one of othmans below, surah furqan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1TwMPvHEgo
                  Last edited by DreamSleep; 02-02-22, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Assalamualaikum wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

hey peeps, so was wondering which Qur'an reciters do you like to recite alongside with?

I lurve reciting alongside my favourite (faster) paced reciters muhammad muhaisany and muhammad luhaidan

Sudais and Abdul Basit are good

Comment

Originally posted by _loco View Post

Sudais and Abdul Basit are good
                      love Qari Abdul Basit

i like the older sudais recitations, dont like any of his recent ones, just hits a bit different

Comment

love Qari Abdul Basit

i like the older sudais recitations, dont like any of his recent ones, just hits a bit different

Never noticed a huge difference between his old and recent recitations I think he is still pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by _loco View Post

Never noticed a huge difference between his old and recent recitations I think he is still pretty good.
                          I don't know could be the crackling and echoing sound on those old cassette tapes maybe? Gives it that nostalgic feeling imho

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X