Favorite Things About Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Things About Islam

I am a follower of Christ, but I would like to learn more about Islam and encourage more respect for the Islamic culture. What is your favorite thing about Muslim culture and the religion of Islam? I have met Muslims and am deeply inspired by the reverence to Allah, as well as the way the family structure is protected.

Hello Nancy

Nice to have you here :)

I was a christian who was about to be a priest and suddenly left christianity and believed in God but i didnt follow a religion until i discovered Islam.There are so many beautiful things in islam that i am still learning even after almost a decade as muslim.But my favourite things are the ones who grabbed my intention at first and were in harmony with my logic and inner beliefs.

1.There is only one God
    2.who is supreme and can do everything
    3.and you can talk to him personally
    4.anywhere you are,whoever you are
    5.He wont talk to you directly
    6.but He has left you his unchanged words in a book (the Quran)
    7.where there is the answer to every question
    8.He may love you or may not love you
    9.that depends on you,your actions have consequences
    10.but dont believe blindly.Seek knowledge,use science,meditate on His creation

Comment

Originally posted by Predatorian View Post
      Hello Nancy

Nice to have you here :)

I was a christian who was about to be a priest and suddenly left christianity and believed in God but i didnt follow a religion until i discovered Islam.There are so many beautiful things in islam that i am still learning even after almost a decade as muslim.But my favourite things are the ones who grabbed my intention at first and were in harmony with my logic and inner beliefs.

1.There is only one God
      2.who is supreme and can do everything
      3.and you can talk to him personally
      4.anywhere you are,whoever you are
      5.He wont talk to you directly
      6.but He has left you his unchanged words in a book (the Quran)
      7.where there is the answer to every question
      8.He may love you or may not love you
      9.that depends on you,your actions have consequences
      10.but dont believe blindly.Seek knowledge,use science,meditate on His creation
      ??

For point 5, you can talk to god or Allah , you can pray, beg, worship

For point 8, Allah loves all his creation

Comment

Absolute true monotheism in a being who is supreme and above all things, who is incomparable to anything you can imagine and who is worthy of complete devotion simply because He is.

The belief that there is a life after this world. This life is imperfect, and one without perfect justice. A life that is better and longer lasting awaits those who believe. A life without grief or sadness, without sorrow or anguish, without worry and pain. Just perpetual relief and closeness to the being who created us all

Comment

An element of asceticism and distancing yourself from this world is encouraged. Yes, this world certainly has its place, but it should not be our primary focus. Whilst a large portion of humanity are only concerned with the life of this world, the Muslim is striving and yearning for something far greater

Comment

Originally posted by Aya_77 View Post

??

For point 5, you can talk to god or Allah , you can pray, beg, worship

For point 8, Allah loves all his creation
            When you make duaa,or while you pray you are directly saying those words to Allah.So yeah,you are talking to Him.You dont need a medium in islam,you are linked directly to God.

So pedophiles,rapists,organ harvesters,traitors etc does God love them?
            This is one of the things that made me left christianity.It makes no sense thinking that God loves everyone.Then its pointless why do i even live if He loves me no matter what i do? I can do the worst crimes and its okay because He loves everyone so He loves me too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X