Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question? Why did he do it?

Salam.

I knew a guy who was Shi'ia who was so passionate about his Din and he just suddenly took his own life. Why did he do it? I don't understand. One moment he is so vigorously defending his faith. He is seeming so in-tune with it. The next moment he just ends it all... Why? He killed himself. I just don't understand that. So random, so stupid. But I can't help but feel sorry for him. I feel sad for him. Why did he have to do this? I know we aren't meant to as he has killed himself and that's a huge thing. It is not something the Prophet, Imams taught us to do - they taught the opposite of this. It is the opposite of the Qur'an teaching too.

Why did he do it? And why not at least talk to someone before going to that step? If you feel weak why not seek help? I guess in that moment he wants death. I guess he looks past it and just doesn't want to live anymore. Did he convince himself that to die is better? Did he lie to himself to get him there? He must have known. 'This is wrong.' And yet he went through with it.

Did he read something that made him doubt the value of it all? Then are we so weak that whenever any Shaytaan comes to us with such doubts we accept them in our hearts? The want to fight shows Imaan. We want to fight against such whispers as we value life. In valuing life is Imaan. In thinking it is yours to flaunt is what? Lack of Imaan?? If not then what? Does one not imply the other?

Can anyone explain this to me? Is there any explanation? Why kill yourself?

Amr if you could read this, I would ask you, why did you do it? Why didn't you think it through more? Why not seek answers to your problems, why did you just accept what Shaytaan told you? I lost a brother when you left and I barely knew you. If I could bring you back I would bring you back. But there is no coming back unless Allah wills a miracle. Allah loved you dear bro and still does. I love you too. Allah cared for you all your life and to the very end. Even now in that cold grave Allah cares for you bro.

I ask you all please to pray for him. How desperately I want Allah to forgive him but I know what he has done. What he has done is supposed to be unforgivable. He took the sacred and flaunted it. As if when Allah breaths Ruh into you, you no longer want it within you. Allah.

So please pray for him and can someone answer my question. Why did he do it?

Perhaps commiting sucide is permissible in Shia religion. Don't think too much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nizam View Post
      Salam.

I knew a guy who was Shi'ia who was so passionate about his Din and he just suddenly took his own life. Why did he do it? I don't understand. One moment he is so vigorously defending his faith. He is seeming so in-tune with it. The next moment he just ends it all... Why? He killed himself. I just don't understand that. So random, so stupid. But I can't help but feel sorry for him. I feel sad for him. Why did he have to do this? I know we aren't meant to as he has killed himself and that's a huge thing. It is not something the Prophet, Imams taught us to do - they taught the opposite of this. It is the opposite of the Qur'an teaching too.

Why did he do it? And why not at least talk to someone before going to that step? If you feel weak why not seek help? I guess in that moment he wants death. I guess he looks past it and just doesn't want to live anymore. Did he convince himself that to die is better? Did he lie to himself to get him there? He must have known. 'This is wrong.' And yet he went through with it.

Did he read something that made him doubt the value of it all? Then are we so weak that whenever any Shaytaan comes to us with such doubts we accept them in our hearts? The want to fight shows Imaan. We want to fight against such whispers as we value life. In valuing life is Imaan. In thinking it is yours to flaunt is what? Lack of Imaan?? If not then what? Does one not imply the other?

Can anyone explain this to me? Is there any explanation? Why kill yourself?

Amr if you could read this, I would ask you, why did you do it? Why didn't you think it through more? Why not seek answers to your problems, why did you just accept what Shaytaan told you? I lost a brother when you left and I barely knew you. If I could bring you back I would bring you back. But there is no coming back unless Allah wills a miracle. Allah loved you dear bro and still does. I love you too. Allah cared for you all your life and to the very end. Even now in that cold grave Allah cares for you bro.

I ask you all please to pray for him. How desperately I want Allah to forgive him but I know what he has done. What he has done is supposed to be unforgivable. He took the sacred and flaunted it. As if when Allah breaths Ruh into you, you no longer want it within you. Allah.

So please pray for him and can someone answer my question. Why did he do it?
      Sorry for your loss. Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'un.

Comment

Most people this happens to are severely depressed, mentally unwell. It's sad that this happened. In all likelihood you're asking why because it has affected you a lot. Please do talk to people, including about him as much as you need. It can't be undone but you can do what you can for him, help his family should they need it, give charity on his behalf...it may help your peace of mind too. Suicide is a very sad thing and it may be raw now but for your own health and quality of life you will need to accept that it has happened and move forward in time.
        Last edited by ten_toes; 15-06-21, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Nizam you haven't logged in since but I hope you're ok

Comment

We'll never know the reason(s) why since we can't know what they're thinking or feeling beforehand. I wouldn't feel comfortable in judging the poor people that took their own lives.

I just hope those that think there's no way out, seek some sort of help if they can.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X