Questions about Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Life

Is there someone who would be willing to share responses to the following questions from an Islamic perspective? What does the Quran teach about these things?
    1. Where do people come from? How did the universe, earth, and human race get here?
    2. What is the purpose of human life? Why are we here and how do we find meaning in this life?
    3. How does someone determine what is good and what is evil?
    4. What happens to people when they die? Is there such a thing as an afterlife and if so, what does it look like?
    I appreciate your time.

1. Allah created all that exists
    2. To worship the Creator. Allah says translation of meaning: "And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me."
    3. The criteria for good being classes as good and evil is evil is divine revelation. Man's intellect is flawed. What is good to one society may be evil to another. The one who has legislated the revelation has knowledge of all things. He alone knows what is best for us and there is wisdom behind his decree.
    4 in a nutshell paradise for the righteous who worshipped their creator alone without partners and hellfire for the wicked. It's a lot broader than that but the Creator is just. Those who serve him will be rewarded and those who deny him will be punished.

Have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions

Welcome to the forum btw
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by janmar View Post
      Is there someone who would be willing to share responses to the following questions from an Islamic perspective? What does the Quran teach about these things?
      1. Where do people come from? How did the universe, earth, and human race get here?
      2. What is the purpose of human life? Why are we here and how do we find meaning in this life?
      4. What happens to people when they die? Is there such a thing as an afterlife and if so, what does it look like?
      I appreciate your time.
      assalamu alaikum

There is a great book "purpose of life" by Bilal Phillips.
      I suggest you to read it.

Comment

I appreciate your time.

1. Allah created the earth a long time ago and the exact date is not known. The first human created was named Adam and his wife Hawa or Eve in english peace be upon them. From their children till now humans have increased in population.

2. the purpose of life is to find happiness and you do that by worshipping Allah and trying to be a pious believer. To find meaning in life, one can start by readin the english translation of Quran and trying to read it from beginning till end, that will help. You can find a good translation of it on Quran.com

3. To determine what is good and what is bad one has to have the intention to want to be a good believer and listen to lectures of scholars and try to also read Quran english translation to get more knowledge. Also trying to learn as much as you can about islam by listening to the scholars and asking questions if you have confusions.

4. When people pass away from this world they go to heaven because all humans are believers. Heaven is described in quran as a place with a lot of gardens nice houses and all the good things a person can want. A person will be in pure joy there all the time.

Comment

I appreciate everyone's responses and I thank you for taking time to read my post and answer. I also appreciate the book recommendation and website, both of which look like good resources. I look forward to using the live chat option on www.islamreligion.com. That will be very helpful. Blessings to you!

Comment

I appreciate your time.
            1. Human originaly come from heaven. (Prophet Adam AS). And we will comeback to heaven if we follow the right religion.

2. Allah create us so we can worship Allah. By worshipng Allah we can feel peace on our life.

3. Good is all of things that Allah and Rosul said is good (in al-quran and hadits). And bad is all of things that Allah and Rosul said is bad (in al-quran and hadits).

4. Yes, there is afterlife. Actually it is the real life. Because we won't die in the afterlife. Happiness and sadness in this life are all temporary. Sometimes we feel sad, and within second we can fell very happy that's life. However, in the afterlife what will we get depends on our deeds in this life. And the first step is by following the right religion. I wish Allah give you guidance so you can feel the real happiness in this life and afterlife. Amin YRA.

Allahu'Alam.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X