Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this true? "2 insertions and 2 erasures" now support the Quran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! is this true? "2 insertions and 2 erasures" now support the Quran?

Assalamu alykum.
    I came across this video, I paused it here and didn't continue watching it and was wondering if any of this is true?

astag.png

As a general rule, you should stay away from any commentary on Islam by people who not even Muslim, and especially from people that openly distort their own book.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      As a general rule, you should stay away from any commentary on Islam by people who not even Muslim, and especially from people that openly distort their own book.
      Yes. True,
      Lot's of Islamophobes out there, you never know which kafir could do that.

They do it to prove the qur'an wrong.
      When all other holy books don't even have scientific miracles.

Comment

Brother INCREASE your knowledge on the Qur'an linguistically.
        Read the knowledge dua (sorry i cant type arabic) but just google it.

Comment

Originally posted by zainab98 View Post
          Assalamu alykum.
          I came across this video, I paused it here and didn't continue watching it and was wondering if any of this is true?

astag.png
          I would recommend this site for those interested in this subject.

The folio being examined is from the latter 8th century (2nd century hijri) and so is quite late and unremarkable as a manuscript. As for the addition, this is simply a scribal error and occurs frequently in such manuscripts. A scribe who examined it later, simply wrote in the correct word. The fact that it has diacritical marks etc. does not point to it being a modern addition - as diacritical marks were in the manuscripts from more than a thousand years ago. Mukhtasar al-Quduri even has a prohibition on adding diacritical marks (based off of the Hanafi opinion back then), and that is a late 4th/ early 5th century hijri text.

The verse is present correctly as in the text of our Uthmanic Ahruf that we possess today in earlier manuscripts than this such as the Sa'na upper text, the manuscript in the Topkapi museum etc.

So it is simply a scribal error.

If CIRA (which is an evangelical christian organisation) truly wanted to prove that this is an addition, they will have to find some way deny all of the radio-carbon datings of earlier manuscripts (which have been completed by western orientalists not Muslims) and radio-carbon date that addition they claim to prove it is modern.

If they showed that the addition is a modern one, that would still not be enough as we have the other manuscripts. Unfortunately for them they will not be able to deny the datings of the other manuscripts.

I find it laughable that Evangelical Christians are questioning early manuscripts of the Qur'an. I'm sure they wouldn't mind us discussing early manuscripts of the bible in their possession.

Of course we would have to find them first.
          Last edited by Muhammad Hasan; 27-08-20, 06:52 PM. Reason: Stipulating Evangelical Christians, Bible in possession

Comment

Working...
          X