Discover Islam, the deen show thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discover Islam, the deen show thread

I find the deen show has a good and entertaining way to convey the message of Islam

If you would like to learn more about Islam inshaAllah will be updating this thread frequently with videos of the deen show covering various topics about Islam and muslims

Have a look at www.islamreligion.com as well they have a bunch of good articles to learn about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

First video Islam is the only way to peace and paradise
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Allah the most merciful, the most loving

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
        I find the deen show has a good and entertaining way to convey the message of Islam

If you would like to learn more about Islam inshaAllah will be updating this thread frequently with videos of the deen show covering various topics about Islam and muslims

Have a look at www.islamreligion.com as well they have a bunch of good articles to learn about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions
        HI There
        I had a look at this website - lots of interesting, helpful and informative articles by a vast number of scholars.
        My initial throught as I looked at the site was that if I wanted to be come a Muslim, I would need to grow a beard, cover my head and speak Arabic.
        I'm sure that isn't what is intended but that's the impression I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Abi View Post

HI There
          I had a look at this website - lots of interesting, helpful and informative articles by a vast number of scholars.
          My initial throught as I looked at the site was that if I wanted to be come a Muslim, I would need to grow a beard, cover my head and speak Arabic.
          I'm sure that isn't what is intended but that's the impression I get.
          I fail to see how you'd come to that conclusion unless you had those ideas in your head already. Did you even look at the site?

Comment

Did jesus alayhis Salam really die for the sins of the world. A double episode special with ex Christian minister dr gerald dirks

Comment

Is atonement for original sin even real?

Comment

Did adam worship jesus?

Comment

Yes all these guys have a beard and there is always some Arabic somewhere in the videos.
                  But aside from that - I don't mean to be insulting, I'm sorry if that is how it came accross. It was just an observation.

I watched some of these videos. I find the presentation of these ex-christian people really sad. I don't have the time or energy to answer their points. But what I want to say is that destroying some teaching or other without having the oposite view is very easy and basicly dishonest. Also I don't think trying to discredit another faith is the way to draw people to your own perspective.

I would like to hear a Muslim person - eesa the kiwi maybe you are that person - talk about their own personal and community experience of the Living, active, communicating God in their daily lives that transforms them into people of hope and assurance.
                  I look forward to reading your story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Abi View Post
                    Yes all these guys have a beard and there is always some Arabic somewhere in the videos.
                    But aside from that - I don't mean to be insulting, I'm sorry if that is how it came accross. It was just an observation.

I watched some of these videos. I find the presentation of these ex-christian people really sad. I don't have the time or energy to answer their points. But what I want to say is that destroying some teaching or other without having the oposite view is very easy and basicly dishonest. Also I don't think trying to discredit another faith is the way to draw people to your own perspective.

I would like to hear a Muslim person - eesa the kiwi maybe you are that person - talk about their own personal and community experience of the Living, active, communicating God in their daily lives that transforms them into people of hope and assurance.
                    I look forward to reading your story.
                    its interesting how Christians site personal anecdotes as an evidence. Hindus have personal anecdotes of their idols drinking milk

Are we supposed to just believe in Hinduism now

Before Islam I was a drug addict and a criminal. I've only met one person in my life who was more wicked than I was.

I converted to Islam in 2009 and turned my life around. I'm 11 years clean and counting wa lilahil hamd. Without Islam I'd be dead that's no exageration. I treat my parents with respect (something my sister who is a Christian minister doesn't do) and try do as much good as I can to try make up for my past transgressions. I pray 5 times a day and read the Quran daily.

I have a very simple life these days. Say my salah maybe study Islam a little but I'm happier than I ever was chasing the drugs girls and dunya

I've presented a personal anecdote. Seeing as they are evidence to you you should now become a muslim

Comment

As for presenting the opposing side what do you think I've been doing for the last 5 years here

It's only become necessary to address these issues when we have missionaries attempting to give "dawah"

Comment

Why do people find it hard to submit to Allah

Comment

What is the purpose of life

Comment

Overcoming your desires and gaining self control

Comment

Who was the prophet Muhammad sallaho alayhi wa Sallam

Comment

Working...
                              X