Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help understanding witr prayer

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It's very simple. I'm quite annoyed as I write this because surprisingly or not I can't seem to find anything I can understand from the "world wide web".

I don't understand what to do exactly so I'll write my understanding and someone correct me please.

I think it's the normal namaz procedure where I start by intention, followed by istiftah, ta'auz, tasmiah, fatiha, a surah, ruku, sajda, then back to the top again having completed the first rakat.
    Then repeat but sit for tashahud on second rakat.

Then I'm not sure how to take it from here.

Also have doubts concerning the tahajjud.

Is it done by 2 rakahs then finish with taslim every time (2 in 2 until 8) or is it continuous like sit for tashahud after 2nd rakat but stand for more rakahs consecutively until 8? I'm so confused and so annoyed because it's past bedtime and I've spent the last 2 hours scouring the "world wide web" trying to understand, not understanding anything. Frustration reigns.

Someone save my night please. What's left of it anyway.

جزاك اللهُ خيراً

Salam alaikum

Start from here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6iR5elhDdk
    After saying the tashahud until "Wa Ashhadu anna Muhammadan Abduhu wa rasuluhu,", you stand up and continue 2 rakaat in ishaa'

Regarding Tahajud:
    2 then 2...
    Then for the witr:
    2 then tasleem then 1

Total 11 sunnah rakaat per night.
    Muslims Search Engine !
    And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

Originally posted by Be Muslims View Post
      Salam alaikum

Start from here:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6iR5elhDdk
      After saying the tashahud until "Wa Ashhadu anna Muhammadan Abduhu wa rasuluhu,", you stand up and continue 2 rakaat in ishaa'

Regarding Tahajud:
      2 then 2...
      Then for the witr:
      2 then tasleem then 1

Total 11 sunnah rakaat per night.
      I got frustrated so I just shut everything and went to bed. Thankfully I woke up for fajr though.

Regarding Tahajud 2 then 2 meaning taslim at the end of each 2? And niyyah before starting each 2? Just double checking, I don't want to have any lingering doubts as I do them.

The witr one, after taslim I stand up for the final rakat? Or do I start anew with niyyah and istiftah to do one rakat only then end with taslim? If I do taslim after the 2nd rakat, I stand p for fatiha then sit for tashahud and then taslim? Also is it normal like any salah or does it have a special way of doing it like the salat ul eid where we it differs from regular salah? Because I read that you recite qunoot in the middle of it or somewhere in it which only served to confuse me further.

I use a pre paid internet service so I can't really afford to watch videos. Thanks for replying and for doing it on what would've been on time for me to do them if I hadn't gotten so frustrated!

Comment

Originally posted by nowahidcares View Post

I got frustrated so I just shut everything and went to bed. Thankfully I woke up for fajr though.

Regarding Tahajud 2 then 2 meaning taslim at the end of each 2? And niyyah before starting each 2? Just double checking, I don't want to have any lingering doubts as I do them.
        Yes

The witr one, after taslim I stand up for the final rakat? Or do I start anew with niyyah and istiftah to do one rakat only then end with taslim?
        After tasleem. Start new Salah: Niya, takbeerat Ehram..Alfatihah...

If I do taslim after the 2nd rakat, I stand p for fatiha then sit for tashahud and then taslim?
        Yes

Also is it normal like any salah or does it have a special way of doing it like the salat ul eid where we it differs from regular salah? Because I read that you recite qunoot in the middle of it or somewhere in it which only served to confuse me further.
        Normal
        I use a pre paid internet service so I can't really afford to watch videos. Thanks for replying and for doing it on what would've been on time for me to do them if I hadn't gotten so frustrated!
        Nevermind..put your trust in Allah

Muslims Search Engine !
        And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

Originally posted by Be Muslims View Post
          Yes

After tasleem. Start new Salah: Niya, takbeerat Ehram..Alfatihah...

Yes

Normal

Nevermind..put your trust in Allah
          I think I have it now. This was very very helpful! May Allah swt keep us steadfast in our deen.

جزاك اللهُ خيراً

Comment

Hi There - this all sounds very complicated and involved.
            As a Non-Muslim I don't understand all the Arabic words and actions. I'm excited that you are wanting to pray.
            Prayer is all about talking to God isn't it? And also about God talking to us - like a conversation.
            I'm glad when I go and talk to my Dad or my Wife I don't have to do lots of preparation and detailed actions. I just stick my head round the door and say "Hi"
            I'm sure that when we come to God we need to come with awe and reverence but I see prayer as about expressing my relationship with my loving creator through a conversation. He is always ready to listen, whenever, where ever and however I come. ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ‎, al-Ḥamdu lillāh

Comment

Working...
            X