Mood rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mood rings

I have seen a mood ring online, and I wondered if they are haram or not? Because they pretend to judge your mood but obviously it is not true and just a novelty. I tried to search the internet for an answer but I couldn’t find anything so I wondered if anyone can advise as I don’t want to buy something if it is haram.

in my opinion ukhti I think they are haram since the claim to "Predict" what is going on with you but only Allah subhan wa ta'ala knows what is truly going on with you just as you said above. Take, for example, the horoscopes. they say that they know the future using the stars, and this is just as ridicilous. Also quick question, why do you want a Mood ring?

Comment

there is a type of stone called zultanite that changes color depending on the lighting that its exposed to. It's a natural mineral and way prettier then those mood rings. Especially since the color changes very drastically. It can go from emerald green bright pink. If you want a nice novelty item that changes color I would recommend that.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
        there is a type of stone called zultanite that changes color depending on the lighting that its exposed to. It's a natural mineral and way prettier then those mood rings. Especially since the color changes very drastically. It can go from emerald green bright pink. If you want a nice novelty item that changes color I would recommend that.
        That sounds really nice. Do they come in rings and bracelets or do you have to put them in your own? I would love to buy one for my mother this Eid.
        And whoever does righteous deeds, whether male or female, while being a believer - those will enter Paradise and will not be wronged, [even as much as] the speck on a date seed. [An-Nisa:124]

Comment

Originally posted by sis-sara View Post

That sounds really nice. Do they come in rings and bracelets or do you have to put them in your own? I would love to buy one for my mother this Eid.
          Yeah they come in all sorts of jewelry. I have a few pieces, they are really fun just to see what color it will end up. It could be hard to acquire if you aren't in the Middle East but I am sure you can get it imported online.

Comment

never heard of these before

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

never heard of these before
              They are only mined in turkey but they do make them in labs too, so you might find them somewhere else.

Comment

They are only mined in turkey but they do make them in labs too, so you might find them somewhere else.
                interesting, like i said never heard of it before...

Comment

Yeah they come in all sorts of jewelry. I have a few pieces, they are really fun just to see what color it will end up. It could be hard to acquire if you aren't in the Middle East but I am sure you can get it imported online.
                  They seem expensive when compared to mood rings. I saw some for thousands and others near 100 pounds.
                  And whoever does righteous deeds, whether male or female, while being a believer - those will enter Paradise and will not be wronged, [even as much as] the speck on a date seed. [An-Nisa:124]

Comment

I used to have one. Never thought of it as haram. Never believed that it could tell my mood either. Why should a ring be haram? - because somebody made a wacky claim about it?

Comment

Originally posted by sis-sara View Post

They seem expensive when compared to mood rings. I saw some for thousands and others near 100 pounds.
                      Its much cheaper if you are in the area. Keep an eye out for it if you're ever down here. They don't compare to mood rings.

Comment

Isn't a mood ring the result of buying your wife a cheap ring. Every time she wears it shes in a mood...

Comment

https://www.boutiqueottoman.com/stones/zultanite/

:-O

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                            It's even nicer when it changes color. I would post mine to show you the different colors but I can't find lighting that makes it green. The green is very vibrant. I can only manage pink, orange and yellow in my house :(

Green comes in unnatural lighting. It once turned purple when I was in a car with tinted windows. It also turned blue one but I don't remember the conditions that turned it that way.

Comment

Working...
                            X