Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this Hadith say?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help! What does this Hadith say?

    Could someone who knows both English and Arabic attempt a rough translation of the following Hadith:

    Kitab al-Fitan, p.205:
    https://ia802307.us.archive.org/30/i...n__1/fetnn.pdf


    I expect it will be quite difficult due to the classical arabic, so if you can't translate it, can you at least tell me what its talking about? All I seem to understand is "Woe to the Arabs" and something about "Khums" and "Ashareen"(??) at the start and that Ali Radiyallahu An narrates it.
    Last edited by Muhammad Hasan; 13-05-20, 07:44 AM.

  • #2
    Salaam alaikom,

    The hadith states that 2500 evils will approach the Arab. It goes on to list some of them...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MohammadO View Post
      Salaam alaikom,

      The hadith states that 2500 evils will approach the Arab. It goes on to list some of them...
      Thanks, could you tell me if the following is something you understand from part of the text or not:


      ‘When you see the black flags, remain where you are and do not move your hands or your feet. Thereafter there shall appear a feeble folk to whom no concern is given. Their hearts will be like fragments of iron. They are the representatives of the State. They will fulfill neither covenant nor agreement. They will invite to the truth, though they are not from its people. Their names will be agnomens [i.e., Abu So-and-so], and their ascriptions will be to villages [i.e. al-dimashqi al-baghdadi ]. Their hair will be long like that of women. [They shall remain] till they differ among themselves, and then Allah will bring forth the truth from whomever He wills.’

      - According to Hadith Answers, this should be found in that hadith (Kitabul Fitan, Hadith 558)
      Personally I can't seem to find any of the words (e.g. Dawlah) indicating that the above translation is accurate, even if the above is just an excerpt. I am pretty sure the book I have linked is Nu'aym bin Hammad's Kitabul Fitan (manuscript here), but Allahu Alam.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post

        Thanks, could you tell me if the following is something you understand from part of the text or not:



        Personally I can't seem to find any of the words (e.g. Dawlah) indicating that the above translation is accurate, even if the above is just an excerpt. I am pretty sure the book I have linked is Nu'aym bin Hammad's Kitabul Fitan (manuscript here), but Allahu Alam.

        I read some of it, the chapter about the black flags of bani Abbas contains 40 ahadith, from hadith 545 to 585, however I didn't read them all, I didnt find the above mentioned hadith is the first half. I will take a look tomorrow again insha Allah. But hadith 585 doesn't correspond to the above mentioned hadith.

        The word dawlah is mentioned in Hadith 547 and 551, where ibn Abbas says that when ghe black flags come, that will be our dawla (rule, roughly translated). However in the first ahadith the Prophet peace be upon him condems the flag blacks, in one of the hadith it says that the beginning is fitnah, in the middle is oppression and at the end is kufr.

        The book is an interesting one, and the subject is crucial, especially in our time.

        It would be nice if Allah gives us the honor providing guidance and making the path clear.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MohammadO View Post


          I read some of it, the chapter about the black flags of bani Abbas contains 40 ahadith, from hadith 545 to 585, however I didn't read them all, I didnt find the above mentioned hadith is the first half. I will take a look tomorrow again insha Allah. But hadith 585 doesn't correspond to the above mentioned hadith.

          The word dawlah is mentioned in Hadith 547 and 551, where ibn Abbas says that when ghe black flags come, that will be our dawla (rule, roughly translated). However in the first ahadith the Prophet peace be upon him condems the flag blacks, in one of the hadith it says that the beginning is fitnah, in the middle is oppression and at the end is kufr.

          The book is an interesting one, and the subject is crucial, especially in our time.

          It would be nice if Allah gives us the honor providing guidance and making the path clear.
          Subhanallah, I had a look again myself and I believe I have found it, though I am not fully sure. Much of the wording I expect I found in Hadith 573, on page 210.

          Brother I would be very greatful if you could confirm this.

          - May Allah bless us both
          Last edited by Muhammad Hasan; 23-05-20, 04:06 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Muhammad Hasan View Post

            Subhanallah, I had a look again myself and I believe I have found it, though I am not fully sure. Much of the wording I expect I found in Hadith 573, on page 210.

            Brother I would be very greatful if you could confirm this.

            - May Allah bless us both
            Salaam alaikom, yes it is indeed the correct hadith and the translation is very accurate. And it is mentioned هم اصحاب الدولة, meaning "they are the people/representative of the state".

            Subhaan Allah, even though there is some kalaam on the hadith, the meaning seems to be confirmed by the recent reality.

            Comment

            Working...
            X