I’m a bit lost please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question? I’m a bit lost please help!

Are monotheistic religions too convenient? How come every unknown is “gods plan”? Why do all the creatures in the world need to kill each other in order to survive? Is that not a flawed world? Why are there such terrible punishments if one rejects a religion? Is fear going to keep us stuck to believing in a religion blindly? Don’t get me wrong I have grown up a Muslim and I’m terrified at the thought of there not being an afterlife, however I’m just too confused atm. What if I believe in God/Allah yet am not a Muslim? Is that deserving of a life of torment in hell? I don’t think so. Why are we called Allah’s “servants” to me there has always been something off about that phrase. Please answer my questions I’m genuinely a bit lost right now.

How old are you? Why do you ask so many questions like this? Did you go to school? Why can't you engage like a normal person? Do you know everything? I don't think so, so are you not a flawed individual? So on and so forth...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      How old are you? Why do you ask so many questions like this? Did you go to school? Why can't you engage like a normal person? Do you know everything? I don't think so, so are you not a flawed individual? So on and so forth...
      I’m 16. I ask these questions because I do not know the answers to these questions. I am currently in school. That’s rude, I am sorry if you don’t like my questions but I would like to know the answers (if possible). I do not know everything that’s why I am asking these questions. I am flawed. Please do not be rude if you do not want to answer my questions I believe these are valid questions that are not stupid to ask. I am genuinely confused at the moment. Again please don’t be rude, there is no need.

Comment

Originally posted by IamSomeone View Post

I’m 16. I ask these questions because I do not know the answers to these questions. I am currently in school. That’s rude, I am sorry if you don’t like my questions but I would like to know the answers (if possible). I do not know everything that’s why I am asking these questions. I am flawed. Please do not be rude if you do not want to answer my questions I believe these are valid questions that are not stupid to ask. I am genuinely confused at the moment. Again please don’t be rude, there is no need.
        Tell your parents to take you to a masjid or madrassah where you can learn the answers to your questions.

Comment

Are monotheistic religions too convenient?
          Don't know what this means.
          ​​​​​​
          How come every unknown is “gods plan?
          Not just unknown. Every thing, known or unknown is according to Allah's Will.

Why do all the creatures in the world need to kill each other in order to survive? Is that not a flawed world.
          I don't think all creatures are killing each other to survive.

Why are there such terrible punishments if one rejects a religion?
          Because he failed the test, which was the ultimate purpose of this life.

Is fear going to keep us stuck to believing in a religion blindly?
          Not everyone believes in a religion because of fear.

What if I believe in God/Allah yet am not a Muslim? Is that deserving of a life of torment in hell? I don’t think so.
          So you knowingly disobeyed the truth and yet don't want to be punished. That's just arrogance.

Why are we called Allah’s “servants” to me there has always been something off about that phrase.
          Because He created you. You're indebted to Him for His mercy and the fact that He created you and let you live in His world. He is your master and you're his slave.

And learn the religion. Answers won't come automatically without you putting effort to learn the religion. And learning through proper places. Not the internet.
          Last edited by notEVOLVED; 28-04-20, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

Don't know what this means.
            ​​​​​​

Not just unknown. Every thing, known or unknown is according to Allah's Will.

I don't think all creatures are killing each other to survive.

Because he failed the test, which was the ultimate purpose of this life.

Not everyone believes in a religion because of fear.

So you knowingly disobeyed the truth and yet don't want to be punished. That's just arrogance.

Because He created you. You're indebted to Him for His mercy and the fact that He created you and let you live in His world. He is your master and you're his slave.

And learn the religion. Answers won't come automatically without you putting effort to learn the religion. And learning through proper places. Not the internet.
            What do you mean arrogance. If I was a Christian and went to church every Sunday I am not disobeying the truth I am following another religion which is worshipping the same god so why should I be punished? What if the religion of Christianity was my truth? ( I am not a Christian I am just using that religion as an example). You said we are Allah’s slaves but the definition of slave is being someone’s legal object and having to obey them without any choice. Did you mean to say slave and if you did do you agree with obeying without any choice? I always thought we were Allah’s “children” and he loved us but is that Naive or just wrong? I am trying to learn the religion sorry if this is annoying but I can’t really go to a mosque in the middle of quarantine.

Comment

What do you mean arrogance. If I was a Christian and went to church every Sunday I am not disobeying the truth I am following another religion which is worshipping the same god so why should I be punished? What if the religion of Christianity was my truth? ( I am not a Christian I am just using that religion as an example). You said we are Allah’s slaves but the definition of slave is being someone’s legal object and having to obey them without any choice. Did you mean to say slave and if you did do you agree with obeying without any choice? I always thought we were Allah’s “children” and he loved us but is that Naive or just wrong? I am trying to learn the religion sorry if this is annoying but I can’t really go to a mosque in the middle of quarantine.
              Ask your parents or elder siblings. Watch lectures online. Read books and articles. Many imams can be contacted online.

You don't really have any excuses to not learn the basics.

Comment

It’s good to question something because you will learn more abt it. Read/listen to the Quran in translation. Read abt Prophet Muhammad S.A.W and his family and friends. For me personally, I skipped my prayer cuz I didn’t understand the Arabic, if that’s the case w u then make sure to listen to the translations like myself.

Comment

What do you mean arrogance. If I was a Christian and went to church every Sunday I am not disobeying the truth I am following another religion which is worshipping the same god so why should I be punished? What if the religion of Christianity was my truth? ( I am not a Christian I am just using that religion as an example).
                  This is very vague and contradictory. Taking this scenario, firstly, if you say they are worshiping the same God, then which book do you believe in and is the source of the "truth" that you claim? The Bible or the Qur'an? You can't say both because their teachings contradict each other. If you believe in Bible, then you imply that the teachings that contradict the Bible in Qur'an is false, which would be a lie against Allah. And He has a right to punish you for this lie against Him. Secondly, Christians believe God is three entity. You're not "worshipping the same God". Believing this would be another lie against Allah. So, it really doesn't make sense to equate both these religions because their teachings are contradictory. If follow one, you're inherently disobeying the other.

You said we are Allah’s slaves but the definition of slave is being someone’s legal object and having to obey them without any choice. Did you mean to say slave and if you did do you agree with obeying without any choice? I always thought we were Allah’s “children” and he loved us but is that Naive or just wrong? I am trying to learn the religion sorry if this is annoying but I can’t really go to a mosque in the middle of quarantine.
                  This is quite simple. If you do believe that Allah is your Creator, then you also accept all is Attributes. He is Just and He is Merciful. If you believe in Allah and inherently acknowledge these attributes, then why would you find it problematic to follow His commands? A command from Allah who is Just and Merciful would not be something that will be wrong. I don't see how not having a "choice" is contradictory to the fact that Allah loves us.

Your body - did you create any of its limbs or any part of it? No. Then why do you think you should have a right over it and choice to disobey who created every part of it and let you take control of it? If someone gave you his car to drive and said you must not go over the speed limit, would you demand that you have the right to disobey him and go over the speed limit?

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

This is very vague and contradictory. Taking this scenario, firstly, if you say they are worshiping the same God, then which book do you believe in and is the source of the "truth" that you claim? The Bible or the Qur'an? You can't say both because their teachings contradict each other. If you believe in Bible, then you imply that the teachings that contradict the Bible in Qur'an is false, which would be a lie against Allah. And He has a right to punish you for this lie against Him. Secondly, Christians believe God is three entity. You're not "worshipping the same God". Believing this would be another lie against Allah. So, it really doesn't make sense to equate both these religions because their teachings are contradictory. If follow one, you're inherently disobeying the other.

This is quite simple. If you do believe that Allah is your Creator, then you also accept all is Attributes. He is Just and He is Merciful. If you believe in Allah and inherently acknowledge these attributes, then why would you find it problematic to follow His commands? A command from Allah who is Just and Merciful would not be something that will be wrong. I don't see how not having a "choice" is contradictory to the fact that Allah loves us.

Your body - did you create any of its limbs or any part of it? No. Then why do you think you should have a right over it and choice to disobey who created every part of it and let you take control of it? If someone gave you his car to drive and said you must not go over the speed limit, would you demand that you have the right to disobey him and go over the speed limit?
                    Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am a Muslim but just growing up a Muslim without a choice made me realise there’s a lot that I do not know. I don’t believe I should blindly follow a faith that is why i am trying to learn more, to understand more, and therefore become a better Muslim in the process. Again thank you. :)

Comment

Ask your parents or elder siblings. Watch lectures online. Read books and articles. Many imams can be contacted online.

You don't really have any excuses to not learn the basics.
                      I thought this was a place where I could ask questions and learn the answers I wanted here? Is that wrong? I mean isn’t this like the Muslim Quora?

Comment

I thought this was a place where I could ask questions and learn the answers I wanted here? Is that wrong? I mean isn’t this like the Muslim Quora?
                        No, and even if it was, you'd end up even more confused than you are now.

Comment

..What if I believe in God/Allah yet am not a Muslim? Is that deserving of a life of torment in hell? I don’t think so..
                          Asalamuwa'alaikum,
                          This is very controversial.
                          Many Christians & Muslims claim that "they are the only ones" who are saved or go to paradise.
                          I think that it is for Almighty God to judge, don't you?

However, if you know that the Qur'an is the truth, and you turn away from Islam, what then?
                          He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

No, and even if it was, you'd end up even more confused than you are now.
                            Well then I am sorry. But it said questions about Islam and I asked questions so it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                            X