Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is seeing the privates of the opposite sex for educational purposes permissible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is seeing the privates of the opposite sex for educational purposes permissible?

Assalamualaikum,

Full disclosure: I do live in the US so our school system isn't like the UK.

I started university this year. In America, even though you might be majoring in finance for example, you still have to take classes on wildly different subjects because they're a requirement in order for you to graduate (for example, you might have to take a women and gender studies class just for graduation requirements). Keeping this in mind, I am taking a psychology class for graduation requirements (my major is chemistry).
    Personally, if I don't do things ahead of time, I will get lazy and not do anything at all so I always read a few chapters ahead of everyone else just to keep me stimulated as well as understand what I'll be learning. I was reading a few days ago the next few chapters and they've horrified me. There is an entire chapter on biological psychology (which is not what has horrified me) but the fact that it had full human anatomies flat out on the page. I quickly slammed the book shut before getting a glimpse of anything on the male anatomy.
    I am a woman and have never seen a penis (I'm assuming everyone in this chat will be grown up enough and be able to talk like adults). Every time someone talks about one, I gag and tell them to stop talking. Seeing as I am now taking a psychology class, is it ok for me to see it for educational purposes?
    Understand that had I had intentions to become a doctor, I would have probably had to get over my shyness the minute I got accepted to university. But I have no intentions of going to med school or being a doctor. It's simply one class that I have to take to get over with.
    That being said, if it is permissible, do understand that even I will still be very shy to still look at one (even just for educational purposes). So, again, if it is permissible, but I am shy, what can I do so I can let go of this shyness towards not wanting to look at it?

Jazakumallah Kharyan in advance
    Last edited by cleverswim; 24-04-20, 05:01 AM.

Originally posted by cleverswim View Post
    Assalamualaikum,

Just full disclosure: I do live in the US so our school system isn't like the UK.

I started university this year and in America, even though you might be majoring in finance for example, you still have to take classes on wildly different subjects because they're a requirement in order for your to graduate. So, currently, I am taking a psychology class (this is not my major) for graduation requirements and I bought the book. I decided to just casually flip through it and read a few things here and there just so I get a glimpse of what I'll be learning. I came across this chapter that deals solely with biological psychology and there are full human anatomies on one page. I quickly closed the book before I can get any sort of glimpse of anything on the male anatomy.
    I am a woman and have never seen a penis (I'm assuming everyone in this chat will be grown up enough and be able to talk like adults). Every time someone talks about one, I gag and tell them to stop talking. I've never seen one but seeing as I am now taking a psychology class, is it ok for me to see it for educational purposes?
    If yes, do understand that even I will still be very shy to still look at one (even just for educational purposes). So, again, if it is permissible, but I am shy, what can I do so I can let go of this shyness towards not wanting to look at it?

Jazakumallah Kharyan in advance
    Sister are you able to chose another course that doesn't involve human anatomy? Usually you get to choose from a number of courses, maybe history, geography, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

Sister are you able to chose another course that doesn't involve human anatomy? Usually you get to choose from a number of courses, maybe history, geography, etc.
      Sadly, I can't. The class has already started and it passed the date where I am able to drop the class. We still haven't gotten to the chapter about biological psychology but it's coming up and everyone my age has already seen one so they wouldn't care about the human anatomies being drawn but I'm now regretting my decision.

Comment

I'm not sure, whether there's any direct rules / laws in Islam. But If I consider medical study or something, it is important a medical professional despite to have enough knowledge on human Anatomy. What about is she (a woman doctor) is expert to child-medicine?

However, I've no concrete knowledge on this subject. will follow to get some advance comment.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X