Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqeedah

Salaam

Im in my early twenties I’m a born Muslim but have only starting practising recently (about 2 -3 years)

I’m confused with what to follow in terms of aqeedah ... which is correct and what about the 4 schools of thought?

I grew up to learning the hanafi school of thought at the masjid but the more I have researched, I am unsure of what is the correct manhaj and why

ive heard words such as the maturdi and Ashari aqeedah but don’t know what they mean

i am more inclined to salafism but wouldnt label myself as a salafi - just a Muslim

(I’m a Pakistani and if you know then you know that the majority are cultural and have some weird beliefs about going to darbars and such...urs and milad and what not....)

Originally posted by Justanotheruser View Post
    Salaam

Im in my early twenties I’m a born Muslim but have only starting practising recently (about 2 -3 years)

I’m confused with what to follow in terms of aqeedah ... which is correct and what about the 4 schools of thought?

I grew up to learning the hanafi school of thought at the masjid but the more I have researched, I am unsure of what is the correct manhaj and why

ive heard words such as the maturdi and Ashari aqeedah but don’t know what they mean

i am more inclined to salafism but wouldnt label myself as a salafi - just a Muslim

(I’m a Pakistani and if you know then you know that the majority are cultural and have some weird beliefs about going to darbars and such...urs and milad and what not....)

Waalaykum Salam

There isn't any issue with following the Madhhab or scholar who is the most accessible to you (Hanafi, Shafi'i, local Masjid, etc). Allah did not burden the average Muslim with the task of investigating every ruling for themselves. It is sufficent to ask someone who is qualified and take the Fatwa they give you. If you're interested in furthering your knowledge in Fiqh, then there are courses/seminars online and lectures on YouTube.

With regards to Aqeedah I would encourage you to study Athari/Salafi Aqeedah because it is free from Greek philosophy and will do wonders for your Imaan. The Athari approach is the most pure and simple understanding which affirms whatever the Quran and Sunnah informs us about Allah upon their apparent/obvious meanings.

Check out this lecture series on Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah's Aqeedah al-Wasitiyya (click Aqeedah on the left hand panel):

http://www.onewaytoparadise.net/audios.php?acc=1
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 09-03-20, 01:22 PM.

Comment

This is new to me, is it necessary to know what your aqeedah is?? I’m familiar with the term Hanafi but we generally follow the trust worthy scholars in our community!

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

Waalaykum Salam

There isn't any issue with following the Madhhab or scholar who is the most accessible to you (Hanafi, Shafi'i, local Masjid, etc). Allah did not burden the average Muslim with the task of investigating every ruling for themselves. It is sufficent to ask someone who is qualified and take the Fatwa they give you. If you're interested in furthering your knowledge in Fiqh, then there are courses/seminars online and lectures on YouTube.

With regards to Aqeedah I would encourage you to study Athari/Salafi Aqeedah because it is free from Greek philosophy and will do wonders for your Imaan. The Athari approach is the most pure and simple understanding which affirms whatever the Quran and Sunnah informs us about Allah upon their apparent/obvious meanings.

Check out this lecture series on Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah's Aqeedah al-Wasitiyya (click Aqeedah on the left hand panel):

http://www.onewaytoparadise.net/audios.php?acc=1

JazakAllahu Khair.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDesi View Post
          This is new to me, is it necessary to know what your aqeedah is?? I’m familiar with the term Hanafi but we generally follow the trust worthy scholars in our community!
          I used to think that it was sufficient, but lately I’ve come across some views that we need to be careful about which listeners (eg mufti menk etc) we take our knowledge from, ie we need to know what aqeedah they follow to save us from falling into innovation, and misguided beliefs of some of the sects

and I have become aware that the salafi manhaj is generally considered the most orthodox

Comment

I used to think that it was sufficient, but lately I’ve come across some views that we need to be careful about which listeners (eg mufti menk etc) we take our knowledge from, ie we need to know what aqeedah they follow to save us from falling into innovation, and misguided beliefs of some of the sects

and I have become aware that the salafi manhaj is generally considered the most orthodox
            Don’t know how to respond to this, I will have to educate myself on this as I’m concerned why I should not be listening to mufti menk, that’s a shocker!

Comment

What issue do you have with Mufti Menk?
              "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
              (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by HotDesi View Post

Don’t know how to respond to this, I will have to educate myself on this as I’m concerned why I should not be listening to mufti menk, that’s a shocker!

And Qiyas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-t3CulQNbs

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post

What issue do you have with Mufti Menk?
                  Im actually quite fond of him and most of his lectures are good. ive posted a link above which sheds some light on this issue. The speaker is actually someone who is endorsed in my university isoc so im just confused really about what to think.

I don't mean to cause confusion to anyone it was just something on my mind for a while

Comment

"Allah did not burden the average Muslim with the task of investigating every ruling for themselves."Here is very realistic and forceful statement.From the pulpits of various schools of thoughts,most and not all Ulemas preach their message to the same Muslims whose knowledge is basic and common with respect to the five pillars of Islam ; beyond the fundamentals,,these preachers leave them confused and divided.This ends up in the various divisions and sub divisions eating up the unity of the Ummah.

Comment

Brother the majority of Muslims who agree on major elements of creed of Islam.

Follow the majority group which will always be on guidance.

Special note: If i call myself salaf , my words don`t make me salaf
                      قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Working...
                      X