This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing information

Why in Islam there is no 365 days but 356 days in a year? Also what does Islam say about the Jews believing if your dad is an Israelite but not your mom, you are not an Israelite and the children are cursed until they convert to Judaism because the children are sinners the day they were born? They say the way around it is for the gentile women to convert to Judaism so the children when they are born will get their Israelite status because a convert becomes a member of the Bani Israel in Judaism and some go as far as to say as reincarnated into the Bani Israel. They say moses and the Israelite prophets were upon this belief. They interpreted it from Deuteronomy 7:1-9 I believe. The Talmud explicitly say your Jewishness is from your mom and the prophets that were from the bani Israel believed this. Why were the Israelite prophets attributed this lie by them saying this is how Musa married his non-Israelite wife and gave birth to his children? I believe children are innocent, not cursed because Judaism says children are not born into original sin but there is a contradiction in which one of the exceptions to the rule is not being born to an Israelite mother which is based on individual cases and if there is no straight line of Jewish moms, they need to convert to Judaism to say they are Bani Israel because they have the blood of bani Israel according to the Jews and they aren’t completely unjewish like non-Israelite mom and Israelite dad gives birth to child.

Seriously, I think I'm experiencing Deja Vu...
    "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
    (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

I’m going to shorten my questions. Sorry for posting the same question. I found the more correct forum category to post my question.

Comment

Why in Islam there is no 365 days but 356 days in a year? Does this contradict nasa when they say it takes 365 for the earth to rotate around the sun?

Comment

Islamic uses lunar months not solar, and this year according to the Gregorian calendar, there are 366 days, not 365.
          I don't know what NASA say or don't say, but even if they've said that it takes the Earth 365 days to do orbit the Sun, what would that be contradicting?

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
          (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post
            Islamic uses lunar months not solar, and this year according to the Gregorian calendar, there are 366 days, not 365.
            I don't know what NASA say or don't say, but even if they've said that it takes the Earth 365 days to do orbit the Sun, what would that be contradicting?
            It would contradict science.

Comment

Originally posted by ConstantineAS95 View Post

It would contradict science.
              What would? What claim are you refering to?

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

What would? What claim are you refering to?
                NASA says the earth revolves 365 days a year and every 4 years a leap year.

Comment

NASA says the earth revolves 365 days a year and every 4 years a leap year.
                  Ok, you've lost me, what does that have to do with lunar months?

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

In the history of the calendar systems, the modern calendar with its 12 months broken into 365 days is relatively new.
                    In the past, we've seen a variety of sola and lunar calendars which periodically made adjustments to bring the calendar in line with the observed solar patterns.
                    Some calendars had 10 months (e.g., the Roman calendar).
                    The Mayan calendar had 260 days.

The Quran makes it clear that God always intended the calendar to be 12 months in length (Quran 9:36).
                    Since both solar and lunar calendars are in place, God tells us He has created both the sun & moon as calculation devices.
                    Using the lunar calendar to determine the time of Hajj (2:189) and Ramadan is equitable, since it allows people from both hemispheres a balance in terms of time of the year and length of the day. If Hajj always fell during "harvest season" (for example), farmers would have a hard time observing it.
                    At the crack of dawn, He causes the morning to emerge. He made the night still, and He rendered the sun and the moon to serve as calculation devices. Such is the design of the Almighty, the Omniscient. [Quran 6:96]
                    Interestingly, we also see that the word "month" is mentioned in the Quran 12 times.
                    And "day" 365 times.
                    The plural form, "days", is mentioned in the Quran 30 times.

The count of months, as far as GOD is concerned, is twelve. This has been GOD's law, since the day He created the heavens and the earth. Four of them are sacred. This is the perfect religion; you shall not wrong your souls (by fighting) during the Sacred Months. However, you may declare all-out war against the idol worshipers (even during the Sacred Months), when they declare all-out war against you, and know that GOD is on the side of the righteous. [ Quran 9:36]
                    I hope this only proves that Quran is a Divine book.

Comment

Ok, you've lost me, what does that have to do with lunar months?
                      It has to be with your religion 356 days in the lunar calendar is not a contradiction to the solar calendar of 365 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Habib Urrehman View Post
                        In the history of the calendar systems, the modern calendar with its 12 months broken into 365 days is relatively new.
                        In the past, we've seen a variety of sola and lunar calendars which periodically made adjustments to bring the calendar in line with the observed solar patterns.
                        Some calendars had 10 months (e.g., the Roman calendar).
                        The Mayan calendar had 260 days.

The Quran makes it clear that God always intended the calendar to be 12 months in length (Quran 9:36).
                        Since both solar and lunar calendars are in place, God tells us He has created both the sun & moon as calculation devices.
                        Using the lunar calendar to determine the time of Hajj (2:189) and Ramadan is equitable, since it allows people from both hemispheres a balance in terms of time of the year and length of the day. If Hajj always fell during "harvest season" (for example), farmers would have a hard time observing it.

Interestingly, we also see that the word "month" is mentioned in the Quran 12 times.
                        And "day" 365 times.
                        The plural form, "days", is mentioned in the Quran 30 times.

I hope this only proves that Quran is a Divine book.
                        So Islam does say there are 365 days in a year.

Comment

So Islam does say there are 365 days in a year.
                          I did not say that, I said the word "Day" has been mention 365 times in Quran. The word "Days" has been mentioned 30 times and word "month" 12 times. Is it all coincidence? I don't think so.

Regarding time calculation in term of days and nights, obviously we all depend on the Sun and the Moon. Similarly, it will make more sense to use moon as an indication of beginning of a month as Muslims do. And if one reads history, we see this was also the practice of Jews and Christians before the time of Prophet peace be upon him.

For example:

When Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) migrated to Medina, he saw some of the Jews fasting, and when he asked them about this fast of theirs, they said: It is the day on which Allah saved Moses (peace be upon him) and those who were with him from drowning, so we fast on this day in gratitude to Allah. The reference for this is found in hadith below:

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that when the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came to Madinah, he found them fasting on one day, i.e., ‘Aashoora’. They said: This is a great day; it is the day on which Allah saved Moosa and drowned the people of Pharaoh, so Moosa fasted in gratitude to Allah. He (the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) said: “I am closer to Moosa than they are.” So he fasted on that day and issued instructions to fast on that day.
                          Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3216
                          The fact that Jews used to fast on 10th day of Muharram shows that they used lunar calendar, because the tenth of Muharram does not change every year if one follows lunar calendar. But if we say that it was based on solar months, then there is a problem, because this day will change every year (in relation to the lunar calendar) and will not always coincide with the 1oth day of Muharram.

Comment

Originally posted by Habib Urrehman View Post

I did not say that, I said the word "Day" has been mention 365 times in Quran. The word "Days" has been mentioned 30 times and word "month" 12 times. Is it all coincidence? I don't think so.

Regarding time calculation in term of days and nights, obviously we all depend on the Sun and the Moon. Similarly, it will make more sense to use moon as an indication of beginning of a month as Muslims do. And if one reads history, we see this was also the practice of Jews and Christians before the time of Prophet peace be upon him.

For example:

When Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) migrated to Medina, he saw some of the Jews fasting, and when he asked them about this fast of theirs, they said: It is the day on which Allah saved Moses (peace be upon him) and those who were with him from drowning, so we fast on this day in gratitude to Allah. The reference for this is found in hadith below:

The fact that Jews used to fast on 10th day of Muharram shows that they used lunar calendar, because the tenth of Muharram does not change every year if one follows lunar calendar. But if we say that it was based on solar months, then there is a problem, because this day will change every year (in relation to the lunar calendar) and will not always coincide with the 1oth day of Muharram.
                            Why does the Quran say such words a certain amount of times if it doesn’t explain the significance of what you say why? You said the Jews fasted on the 10th day. Also why does Islam say the Jews used to do Hajj, believe in the month of Ramadan and potentially fast on Ramadan if there is barely any proof for that outside Islam? I say that because there is no Ramadan on their calendars anymore and they’ll say we never did that, Muslims say that? I’m going to ask a different after you answer this post.

Comment

Why does the Quran say such words a certain amount of times if it doesn’t explain the significance of what you say why?
                              Quran does not go into unnecessary details. Science and todays Solar system based calendars are enough to prove why it was significant to mention word "day" 365 times, words "days" 30 times and word "month" 12 times. As I said before, if anything, it only proves Quran is a Divine book. Remember back in those days, there was no database system to keep track of how many times a word occurs in the book. It has becomes only very recently possible for us to go back and search how many times a certain word appears in Quran and how that is relevant to our current knowledge based on scientific facts. Quran is a book of guidance to make us better human beings and I don't see any value of God mentioning details why word "day" occurred 365 times in Quran.

You said the Jews fasted on the 10th day. Also why does Islam say the Jews used to do Hajj, believe in the month of Ramadan and potentially fast on Ramadan if there is barely any proof for that outside Islam? I say that because there is no Ramadan on their calendars anymore and they’ll say we never did that, Muslims say that? I’m going to ask a different after you answer this post.

What I said is based on a hadith which is Sahih, Jews used to fast on 10th day of Muharram (First Islamic month)., not Ramadan. And it is talking about Jews living in Medina. This should also raise a question, what were Jews doing in Medina? Perhaps they had prophecies in Torah about the coming of Final Prophet and they knew based on these prophecies that Medina is the place where final Prophet will come? Some the companions who accepted Islam and used to be Jews, narrated such stories.

Anyways going back to your question, do Jews still fast on 10th of Muharram? Most likely not because they are famous for changing commandments of God. I don't have any desire to look into non-Islamic sources because they are full of human corruption and hence all what I have said so far was based on Quran and authentic hadiths which are preserved from the beginning of Islamic history and have not been altered by human beings.

If you are interested in Islam, I don't know how questions like this will help you. Your focus should be about nature of God. For example, is He one? If He is one, what religions believe in One God and look into those religions. Is God eternal? Does God depend on others? Can God change His nature? Is the main message of this Divine religion should be the same through out human history. See if Islam fits that Criteria or Christianity and Judaism etc. If you have any questions in that regard, let's us know and we can help you to get to the right answers. Let's be fair and honest in this research and put aside any preconceived notions as that's the only way one can find the truth.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X