Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 Virgins?

Hi guys!

I hope someone can help me with this one!

Where does this amount of virgins come from? Do women get the same number of virings? Where in disputes is it decided who gets the right amount of virgins ?

Wow, what a first post. With all that's going on in the world this is what prompted you to create an account. Not worried about Corona Virus? seen whats happening around the world? the suffering? Famin?
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
      Wow, what a first post. With all that's going on in the world this is what prompted you to create an account. Not worried about Corona Virus? seen whats happening around the world? the suffering? Famin?
      Why do you reply to my thread? You doesn't have any answers to my topic. Why are you here? I'm not here to discuss viruses. This is an Islamic forum. And my question is serious!

Comment

Below are two qoutes ceom this article:
        https://www.bakkah.net/en/from-the-j...ntercourse.htm

Please read thefull article and not just the qoutes i pasted.

"Deviant Modernists Second Guess Allaahโ€™s Divine Wisdom

Recently, philosophical attempts have been made to rationalize some of these rewards and second guess the Divine decree of Allaah, as deviants begin picking and choosing what is acceptable from Allaahโ€™s perfect Wisdom and what is not. Some people โ€“ affected by a Christian understanding of the Hereafter โ€“ have actually begun denying some of the things promised by Allaah in His Book and explained in detail by the Messenger of Allaah (may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace), like continual acts of sexual intercourse with the hoor โ€˜een (pure virgin maidens) of Paradise.
        "

"-3- Aboo Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) asked the Prophet (may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace), โ€œO Messenger of Allaah! Are we going to approach our wives (for sex) in Paradise?โ€

He replied: ุฅููŠ ูˆูŽุงู„ู‘ูŽุฐููŠ ู†ูŽูู’ุณููŠ ุจููŠูŽุฏูู‡ูุŒ ุฅูู†ู‘ูŽ ุงู„ุฑู‘ูŽุฌูู„ูŽ ู„ูŽูŠููู’ุถููŠ ูููŠ ุงู„ู’ุบูŽุฏูŽุงุฉู ุงู„ู’ูˆูŽุงุญูุฏูŽุฉู ุฅูู„ูŽู‰ ู…ูุงุฆูŽุฉู ุนูŽุฐู’ุฑูŽุงุกูŽ

โ€œYes, (I swear) by the One in whose Hand is my soul! Surely a man will approach one hundred virgins in a single afternoon!โ€

It was collected by at-Tabaraanee in al-Muโ€™jam al-Awsat (#718). ad-Dhiyaaโ€™ al-Maqdisee authenticated it according to the standards of Muslim, as quoted in It-haaf al-Jamaaโ€™ah (3/268) of at-Tuwayjiree.

Some scholars mention that this narration is more correctly attributed to Ibn โ€˜Abbaas, not Aboo Hurayrah. Refer to al-โ€˜Ilal al-Waaridah of ad-Daaraqutnee (10/30)."

Comment

Op nothing for you to be concerned about. Go read a magazine.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Questiontime View Post
              Hi guys!
              I hope someone can help me with this one!
              Where does this amount of virgins come from? Do women get the same number of virings? Where in disputes is it decided who gets the right amount of virgins ?
              Here is the source to the hadith related to 72 virgins:

Narrated Al-Miqdam bin Ma'diykarib:
              That the Messenger of Allah (๏ทบ) said: "There are six things with Allah for the martyr. He is forgiven with the first flow of blood (he suffers), he is shown his place in Paradise, he is protected from punishment in the grave, secured from the greatest terror, the crown of dignity is placed upon his head - and its gems are better than the world and what is in it - he is married to seventy two wives along Al-Huril-'Ayn of Paradise, and he may intercede for seventy of his close relatives."
              [Abu 'Eisa said:] This Hadith is Hasan Sahih.
              ุญูŽุฏู‘ูŽุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุนูŽุจู’ุฏู ุงู„ู„ู‘ูŽู‡ู ุจู’ู†ู ุนูŽุจู’ุฏู ุงู„ุฑู‘ูŽุญู’ู…ูŽู†ูุŒ ุญูŽุฏู‘ูŽุซูŽู†ูŽุง ู†ูุนูŽูŠู’ู…ู ุจู’ู†ู ุญูŽู…ู‘ูŽุงุฏูุŒ ุญูŽุฏู‘ูŽุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุจูŽู‚ููŠู‘ูŽุฉู ุจู’ู†ู ุงู„ู’ูˆูŽู„ููŠุฏูุŒ ุนูŽู†ู’ ุจูŽุญููŠุฑู ุจู’ู†ู ุณูŽุนู’ุฏูุŒ ุนูŽู†ู’ ุฎูŽุงู„ูุฏู ุจู’ู†ู ู…ูŽุนู’ุฏูŽุงู†ูŽุŒ ุนูŽู†ู ุงู„ู’ู…ูู‚ู’ุฏูŽุงู…ู ุจู’ู†ู ู…ูŽุนู’ุฏููŠูƒูŽุฑูุจูŽุŒ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุฑูŽุณููˆู„ู ุงู„ู„ู‘ูŽู‡ู ุตู„ู‰ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู„ูŠู‡ ูˆุณู„ู… โ€ "โ€ ู„ูู„ุดู‘ูŽู‡ููŠุฏู ุนูู†ู’ุฏูŽ ุงู„ู„ู‘ูŽู‡ู ุณูุชู‘ู ุฎูุตูŽุงู„ู ูŠูุบู’ููŽุฑู ู„ูŽู‡ู ูููŠ ุฃูŽูˆู‘ูŽู„ู ุฏูŽูู’ุนูŽุฉู ูˆูŽูŠูŽุฑูŽู‰ ู…ูŽู‚ู’ุนูŽุฏูŽู‡ู ู…ูู†ูŽ ุงู„ู’ุฌูŽู†ู‘ูŽุฉู ูˆูŽูŠูุฌูŽุงุฑู ู…ูู†ู’ ุนูŽุฐูŽุงุจู ุงู„ู’ู‚ูŽุจู’ุฑู ูˆูŽูŠูŽุฃู’ู…ูŽู†ู ู…ูู†ูŽ ุงู„ู’ููŽุฒูŽุนู ุงู„ุฃูŽูƒู’ุจูŽุฑู ูˆูŽูŠููˆุถูŽุนู ุนูŽู„ูŽู‰ ุฑูŽุฃู’ุณูู‡ู ุชูŽุงุฌู ุงู„ู’ูˆูŽู‚ูŽุงุฑู ุงู„ู’ูŠูŽุงู‚ููˆุชูŽุฉู ู…ูู†ู’ู‡ูŽุง ุฎูŽูŠู’ุฑูŒ ู…ูู†ูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูู†ู’ูŠูŽุง ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ูููŠู‡ูŽุง ูˆูŽูŠูุฒูŽูˆู‘ูŽุฌู ุงุซู’ู†ูŽุชูŽูŠู’ู†ู ูˆูŽุณูŽุจู’ุนููŠู†ูŽ ุฒูŽูˆู’ุฌูŽุฉู‹ ู…ูู†ูŽ ุงู„ู’ุญููˆุฑู ุงู„ู’ุนููŠู†ู ูˆูŽูŠูุดูŽูู‘ูŽุนู ูููŠ ุณูŽุจู’ุนููŠู†ูŽ ู…ูู†ู’ ุฃูŽู‚ูŽุงุฑูุจูู‡ู โ€"โ€ โ€.โ€ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุฃูŽุจููˆ ุนููŠุณูŽู‰ ู‡ูŽุฐูŽุง ุญูŽุฏููŠุซูŒ ุตูŽุญููŠุญูŒ ุบูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ โ€.โ€
              Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)
              Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1663
              In-book reference : Book 22, Hadith 46
              English translation : Vol. 3, Book 20, Hadith 1663
              https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/22/46
              Explanation to answer your questions:
              Let's first try to understand some basic principles which are important to discuss before explaining the hadith.
              1. Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala has sent us on earth to test who will follow the Divine law and who will not. Our creator has also told us the rewards for those who will do good things to motivate them and punishment for those who will do bad things. This is based on human nature because some people are motivated when they hear about the rewards of doing good things and others are motivated by fear and when they hear the punishment in hell fire, they try to stay away from those things which are prohibited in Islamic law. We see application of this in our common life. Many local and international laws have punishment for crimes such as stealing, robbing, cheating, killing etc. and many people try to stay away from such crimes to avoid punishment. Similarly we see many people are motivated to go to medical school or engineering school because they know the reward will be in the form of a good job, salary and relatively better life style. So point is that it is human nature to work hard when they have a motivation factor such as rewards for doing good and punishment for doing bad.
              2. Now the second important point is that whatever Allah has ordered us to do is almost the same for men and women for the most part. for example, prayer is obligatory on both men and women. Zakat is obligatory on both men and women. Similarly the reward is also same for men and women. If man will go to Jannah for doing good things, woman will also go into Jannah for doing good things. If a castle is built for man in Jannah for doing good things, same is true for woman.
              3. Allah has not mentioned all the blessings of Jannah in Quran. Some are mentioned in Quran and some are mentioned in hadiths. The main thing is that the blessings which we will have in Jannah are such that no eye has even seen, no ear has ever heard and no one can even think about those because we have our limitations. This is based of following verse from Quran:
                And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes as reward for what they used to do.[Quran 32:17]
                Similar message is given in a hadith Qudsi:
                Narrated Abu Huraira:
                the Prophet (๏ทบ) said, "Allah said, "I have prepared for My righteous slaves (such excellent things) as no eye has ever seen, nor an ear has ever heard nor a human heart can ever think of.' " [Sahih Bukhari 7498]
              4. Allah has set a rule for Jannah that man or woman will get whatever they want in Jannah.
                They will have whatever they wish therein, and with Us is more. [Quran 50:35]
              5. And last principle is that whatever rewards are mentioned in Quran and Sunnah regarding Jannah, these are based on the nature of a man and nature of a woman. For example Quran does not say that the only reward in Jannah is getting al-hoor al-โ€˜iyn. For the most part, the common theme is that in Jannah there will be eternal life, eternal happiness, no ill feelings such as jealousy, hatred, backbiting etc. Lofty mentions will be built in Jannah under which the river will be flowing and gardens will be full of all type of fruits etc. Now naturally person asks a question, will I have a family in Jannah? Allah said that for Muslim men, Allah has made
                al-hoor al-โ€˜iyn in Jannah. As for women, they will be the queen of these al-hoors and will be far beautiful than the hoors.
                Now in regards to your main question why 72 hoors for men?
                First of all as the hadith says, this reward is only for martyrs not for all Muslims men. And contrary to the media stereotype, the Muslim martyr is NOT the one who goes and blows himself up along with civilians which is categorically prohibited in Islam, the Muslim martyr is one who is killed while attempting to protect the oppressed and striving for justice against the oppressors.
                Coming back to the reward in paradise, like I mentioned earlier all the common descriptions in the major sources have been skipped over and this single narration has been isolated and focused on by the media. So where do Islamic sources place emphasis in describing paradise? Let us turn to the Qur'an, the primary and most authoritative source in Islam. Take a look at the Qur'anic descriptions:

51:15-16. As to the Righteous, they will be in the midst of Gardens and Springs, Taking joy in the things which their Lord gives them, because, before then, they lived a good life.
                39:73-75. And those who feared their Lord will be led to the Garden in crowds: until behold, they arrive there; its gates will be opened; and its keepers will say: "Peace be upon you! well have ye done! enter ye here, to dwell therein." They will say: "Praise be to Allah, Who has truly fulfilled His Promise to us, and has given us (this) land in heritage: We can dwell in the Garden as we will: how excellent a reward for those who work (righteousness)!" And thou wilt see the angels surrounding the Throne (Divine) on all sides, singing Glory and Praise to their Lord. The Decision between them (at Judgment) will be in (perfect) justice, and the cry (on all sides) will be, "Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!"
                57:18-19. Verily, those who give in charity, men and women, and lend to Allah a goodly loan, it shall be increased manifold (to their credit), and theirs shall be an honorable good reward (i.e. Paradise). And those who believe in (the Oneness of) Allah and His Messengers, they are the sincere lovers of truth. And the martyrs with their Lord, they shall have their reward and their light. But those who disbelieve and deny Our signs, they shall be the dwellers of the blazing Fire.
                39:33-35. And he who brings the Truth and he who confirms (and supports) it - such are the men who do right. They shall have all that they wish for, in the presence of their Lord: such is the reward of those who do good: So that Allah will turn off from them (even) the worst in their deeds and give them their reward according to the best of what they have done.
                47:15. (Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?
                32:17. Now no person knows what delights of the eye are kept hidden (in reserve) for them - as a reward for their (good) deeds.
                50:31-35. And the Garden will be brought nigh to the Righteous,- no more a thing distant. (A voice will say) "This is what was promised for you,- for every one who turned (to Allah. in sincere repentance, who kept (His Law), "Who feared ((Allah)) Most Gracious Unseen, and brought a heart turned in devotion (to Him): "Enter ye therein in Peace and Security; this is a Day of Eternal Life!" There will be for them therein all that they wish,- and more besides in Our Presence.
                54:54-55. As to the Righteous, they will be in the midst of Gardens and Rivers, In an Assembly of Truth, in the Presence of a Sovereign Omnipotent.
                39:20. But those who fear Allah and keep their duty to their Lord (Allah), for them are built lofty rooms; one above another under which rivers flow (i.e. Paradise). (This is) the Promise of Allah: and Allah does not fail in (His) Promise.
                85:11. For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens; beneath which rivers flow: That is the great Salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires),
                45:30. Then, as to those who believed and did righteous deeds, their Lord will admit them to His Mercy that will be the achievement for all to see.

There are many more verses but I think that should suffice. Read through these passages which are interspersed throughout the Qur'an, and you will see what the Qur'an focuses on.
              Last edited by Habib Urrehman; 03-03-20, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Questiontime View Post
                I'm not here to discuss viruses. This is an Islamic forum. And my question is serious!
                Some of these questions resemble viruses!
                They keep circulating, with a questionable intention.

Both men & women are entitled to be happy in jannah.
                Why would a woman desire more than one husband?
                ..unless of course, she wasn't happy with him.
                How could a person NOT be happy with what Allah SWT provides them with in the jannah?
                It wouldn't be jannah, in that case.

I've heard it asked whether you "can smoke tobacco?" in jannah, as you can have whatever you desire.
                Why would you want to do something stupid if you are in jannah?
                Makes no sense to me. 'jannah' is not a place or a country .. it is a spiritual condition .. bliss.
                He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Questiontime This is continuation to post # 7 in this thread, for some reason I kept getting an error while posting the remaining response.
                  Most of the time God simply mentions that the believers will have the mercy and forgiveness of God and will be in His presence, praising Him, the greatest of paradise's rewards.
                  But since human beings live in a physical world of physical pleasures, a physical incentive is quite motivating for the human especially when they are sacrificing their desires and pleasures in this life to strive to do what is right. So in some passages God describes the joys of paradise for the believers to be motivated.
                  When doing so, God reminds the believer that the bounties of paradise are beyond one's imagination
                  (32:17)
                  and one will have whatever they desire (39:34). Without a doubt, the most frequently mentioned physical description of paradise is the flowing rivers. In the passages where more details are provided, the fruits and drinks of paradise are most often mentioned, as well as the beautiful mansions and palaces, the absence of any ill-speech, the abundance of praises and greetings of peace, and then loving companionship.
                  I could go through the hadiths and pull out the common descriptions but the same emphasis is given.

When one realizes where Islam places the emphasis in describing paradise, one can recognize the terrible distortion in constantly singling out a narration on 72 virgins for martyrs as though it is the only thing in paradise. No doubt there will be physical pleasures in paradise as confirmed by the Qur'an and hadiths, but we need to focus on what the Qur'an and hadiths focus on.
                  As for the 72 hoor for men, it's based on man's nature. Even in this world, Allah has allowed men to marry up to 4 wives at a time. As far pious women, no pious woman will ever like to have more than one husband. That's her nature and Allah will reward them based on their nature by making them the queen of all hoors and making them more beautiful than hoors.
                  I hope this answers your questions.
                  You can find more detailed answer in the link below:
                  http://seekersguidance.org/answers/g...s-of-paradise/

Ma'aSalaam
                  Last edited by Habib Urrehman; 03-03-20, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X