Is it haram to cut my mother off??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it haram to cut my mother off??

Honestly she is soo toxic. She curses me 24/7 saying the most morbid things. She says things like "i hope allah strikes you down" or "i hope your arms break" and "i hope you go to hell". Shes super unpredictable and narcissistic, shes always yelling and making things about her. Shes never content and says that Allah is punishing her for giving her daughters. Theres nothing my mum hasn't said to me. She reads quran and treats guests so well but she treats her children like trash. Honestly my mental health is deteriorating because of her and i really dont want to speak to her no more. She doesnt understand the power of her words and how upsetting it is and how much it hurts my feelings and theres only so much i can take. At this point im considering marriage just to get away from her even though im a oyal "men are trash" type of girl lol. Please dont judge me and answer my question i genuinely need to know if its allowed to cut your mother off.

Originally posted by Asmaamm View Post
    Honestly she is soo toxic. She curses me 24/7 saying the most morbid things. She says things like "i hope allah strikes you down" or "i hope your arms break" and "i hope you go to hell". Shes super unpredictable and narcissistic, shes always yelling and making things about her. Shes never content and says that Allah is punishing her for giving her daughters. Theres nothing my mum hasn't said to me. She reads quran and treats guests so well but she treats her children like trash. Honestly my mental health is deteriorating because of her and i really dont want to speak to her no more. She doesnt understand the power of her words and how upsetting it is and how much it hurts my feelings and theres only so much i can take. At this point im considering marriage just to get away from her even though im a oyal "men are trash" type of girl lol. Please dont judge me and answer my question i genuinely need to know if its allowed to cut your mother off.
    Can you go to family counseling with your mother.

Comment

Assalamu alaikum

You should be kind towards your parents. Even if they are non Muslim, however if they tell you to commit a sin you should not obey them in this matter, but you should Always be kind and merciful towards them.

“And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Wheter one or both of them reach old age (while) with you, say not to them (so much as), “uff”, and do not repel them but speak to them a noble world.” (QS. Al-Isra : 23)

“And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say, “My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up (when i was) small.” (QS. Al-Isra : 24)

“Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful.” (QS. An-Nisa : 36)

Let them pardon and overlook. Would you not love for Allah to forgive you? Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
      Surat An-Nur 24:22

My advice to you, forgive your mother and pray for her guidance.

Comment

The answer to your question is yes. It is haraam to cut off your mother from your life.

Comment

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
          "men are trash" type of girl lol.before i say anything about the topic this needs to be adressed before it grows into cancer . many women leave islam after they start embracing such ideas wich turns them into feminists .
          i advice you watch this video
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKhI...L&index=2&t=4s
          if you have any questions that bother you or feeds this '' "men are trash'' garbage feel free to ask
          as for your mother you can look at her as a test have patience and try to make speech with her minimal and try to be as good as you can with her not for her but for the sake of allah

Comment

This is a sensitive issue obviously it is haram to cut off ties with your parents and jannah lies at your mothers feet but you dont have to take all the abuse like its okay to temporarily take a break to find your footing and get a hold of yourself again but it also depends on your relationship with her and her rights upon you.

All men arent trash - don't follow the trend.. getting married is sometimes the solution but marry a decent guy ofcourse

Comment

I see majority of people in the west are brainwashed and they think Islam is all about murder and blood.

​​​​​That is why We ordained for the Children of Israel that whoever takes a life—unless as a punishment for murder or mischief in the land—it will be as if they killed all of humanity; and whoever saves a life, it will be as if they saved all of humanity. 5:32 Qur'an
              ​​
              So bear with them and respond with peace. They will soon come to know. 43:89 Qur'an

And whoever endures patiently and forgives—surely this is a resolve to aspire to. 42:43

Comment

Get yourself a halal job and move out of your mum's place. You clearly need some time and space away from your mum and you don't have to get married to have that, especially as you don't sound like someone with a good prepared mindset for marriage at this point in your life so that would just be swapping one set of problems for another. It's haram to break ties completely from family and there are rare exceptions to this for example if you're in danger of physical or sexual abuse or if your parents are involved in black magic as that's very sinister.

Other than that, even without breaking ties, it is permitted to make alternative living arrangements to give yourself some space from your mum. Where is your dad in all this? If your parents are divorced, you can contact him about spending time with him or your grandparents or other mahram relatives. Do you have any siblings who live elsewhere and can you move in with them until you find your own job and means of subsistence? If your mum asks why you want to move out, tell her she always calls you horrible names and insults and you're not willing to put up with it anymore. If she apologises and says she didn't realise this was so upsetting and she was just frustrated and didn't mean it- then give her a chance to improve her behaviour, but if on the other hand she reacts by cursing you even more, then it'll just add to your confirmation that leaving is the right thing to do and you should just pack your bags and get out of there.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Show me some interface where you can easily get knowledge, No one showing all the interest where students and muslim ummah is getting this kind of knowledge from narrative essay example. I don't think so that you are waiting to find something else, But i ensure you that you all can take all infromation from here.

Comment

Just stop caring. If she has reached that level it means her words are meaningless, just don't give a damn. At the end of the day they're just words.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Assalamualaikum.

She did all of that because she loves you.

Comment

^Walaykum salam,

Not sure if you're trolling for fun or have simply taken leave of your senses. Have you considered seeing a shrink?
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Salam Alikum,
                          My relationship with my dad got so bad I left my home and then after many days when my mother insisted I got came back home and my father said its either Me in the house or ME and I left again! (only to give you an idea of how bad things got between us,you want to do what I did? leave home? you think this will solve all the issues?) I still wish I had put more effort to think and solve issues between us,You want to do the same thing i did and leave home trust me it wont change a thing,my advice is sit down think about it come to a decision solve your issues and then marry whoever you want!
                          NO RACISM

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X