Serious doubts about Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bolt View Post

Hmm I thought that it was a known thing, apparently it's not. Couldn't find it on the web. Scrap this comment.
    Which begs the question... how did you think that was a thing?

Comment

I'm sorry for misunderstanding your age. And I thought you were a genius child.

Yeah, I too used to have so many questions like you. I wish I could transfer my knowledge somehow on you. I was free to choose my religion as the child of an atheist family. In the end, I found Islam as perfect. All my questions are answered and everything has perfect sense.

Now, every question you asked is like the title of a book. I hope you would manage somehow to contact me (I know that new members of the forum can't send messages). I would gladly talk to you about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Which begs the question... how did you think that was a thing?
        Heard it a lot from childhood. Back then I wasn't used to using sources to clarify things.

Comment

I will answer the points you made and give you an advice and Inshallah it helps you ending your doubts and make your faith strong again

1- non-muslims will go to hell just because they are not muslim : not exactly, non-muslims will not go to hell if they never heard about Islam or have a very false image about Islam, so if they are good people they will enter heaven, non-muslims children will not enter hell obviously because they aren't mature enough to know what's wrong and what's right, some Muslims might even enter hell for major sins like cutting relations with relatives and btw, do not think that all non-muslims are innocent, some of them chose to be in the wrong path on purpose and therefore they deserve hell

"Then I started expanding my search, I am 90% convinced now that religions are man made, to answer questions that couldn't be answered thousands of years ago, and that they are so shallow, and that they copy paste from each other, and Quran is just better written as Arabs were poets."

No, Arabs didn't write the Holy Quran, the Holy Quran is from God almighty and no, it's not because Arabs were poets (not even all of them were poets, only a minority) they got Islam and no, Islam is not only for Arabs and no, Islam wasn't revealed first to Arabs, Islam started from Adam عليه الصلاة والسلام.

"I've searched about scientific miracles in Quran, and found that most of them is due to the brilliance of the Arabic language or discovered before Islam was even there.
          I believe that there is a God, that created us and everything else, I just don't believe that religions are really his."

Be careful, there are a lot of false information on that topic and no, Arabic language is just a language, the greatness of Islam doesn't come from Arabic language, it comes from being the only true religion of God and the only true religion that calls to the worship of one true God almighty and for many other reasons too.

2- If Islam is true then why Muslim countries are bad : Not all countries are bad, many Muslim countries are actually great, like Turkey one of the most modern and strong Muslim country, Brunei implements Sharia and they are also modern, strong and have a strong economy, Tunisia is also on the right path, it is strong, most of its laws comes from Islam and is on the way to a strong economy and better situation, you have to clean your image about Muslim world and understand that just like there are bad Muslim countries like Syria and Somalia, there are also bad countries that non muslim like Ukraine and Cuba, it's not about religion, it's about if the country has a reliable government or not, Islam helps a country to get prosperity, Brunei is a great Muslim country because of Islam, Indonesia is a great Muslim country because of Islam, Tunisia is a great Muslim country because of Islam, Algeria is a great Muslim country because of Islam etc... and the evidence is clear just clean your head from false images that you got.

3- Why 2 women are required for a testimony and why do they have to cover : because women sometimes have bad emotions, they are emotional creatures and because other female things like periods and pregnancy so she needs another woman to support her in her testimony in something, men do not have periods or any other medical or mental condition and those condition I mentioned make women more feminine.

4- Why I should obey my husband blindly even if I don't want to? : obey your husband in good stuff like taking care of the house (whether husband says so or not, you still have to care of the house) but husbands are also required to help their wives and be the husbands they can be, they can't harm their wives in any way.

5-Child marriage! : nope, child marriage is haram

6-Virgins for men in heaven? : it's an easy topic and thousands of scholars have answered, you should google it

7-Evolution? : many Muslim and non muslim scholars are against it and explained why Evolution is wrong, like James Tour and Professor Iyad Quneibi

8-Why art and music are haram? : they are not haram, only bad ones are haram that show nudity or spread bad message

9- Why Allah created pigs and donkeys then used them as insult? : for the same reason Allah almighty created the rest of the animals and he didn't use them as an insult, especially donkeys

10-Why the ones who leave the religion is bound to a death sentence while it is said that you can't force belief? : death sentence is not confirmed and even Ibn Taymiyah is against it

11-The observations of the universe in Quran are just the way an arab would know then, same for the bible which is much worse written. : I don't know what you're talking about, you to be clear on this one

12-​​​​Islam makes you fear to think it or leave it or question most of the things around us, you just say Allahu Aalaam, : not true, Islam says don't blindly follow but think and understand

and finally, my advice is stop watching videos or reading anything about topics you won't understand, trust me it won't help you at all and also stay away from politics and news, they are also not good for you and most importantly, always pray 5 times a day and try fasting 3 days and make dua and ask Allah almighty to help you, I also had few doubts and Alhamdullilah they are gone thanks to the advice I gave you, Inshallah my comment helps and Inshallah your doubts will be gone. I wish you the best brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil4life View Post

8-Why art and music are haram? : they are not haram, only bad ones are haram that show nudity or spread bad message
            Art isn't haram if it falls within Islamic guidelines, but drawing people and animals is forbidden. There can be an argument made for drawing people without their faces, but that's another discussion.

Music is clearly haram no matter what the song is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Art isn't haram if it falls within Islamic guidelines, but drawing people and animals is forbidden. There can be an argument made for drawing people without their faces, but that's another discussion.

Music is clearly haram no matter what the song is about.
              As you said it, within Islamic guidelines and I believe we won't agree on what are they exactly and also like you said, it's another discussion

Music is not haram, Aisha رضي الله عنها once sang and Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه stopped her but the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم told him to let her keep singing, another evidence is that there was a wedding happened during the time of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and in that weddings some kind of arabic drums or another instrument were being played and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم didn't stop them

Also, the Holy Quran never mentioned anything about music, nothing at all, while many things that are clearly haram were mentioned like alcohol, pork, revealing clothes, cheating etc... and no hadith clearly states that all music are haram and if something is haram then it must have a punishment but the punishment is also never mentioned

That's why many scholars like Al Gazali and even modern scholars and those who are labelled as wahabi said that Music is not haram, i made deep research about this topic and I know what I'm saying, you do your research as well

Comment

As you said it, within Islamic guidelines and I believe we won't agree on what are they exactly and also like you said, it's another discussion

Music is not haram, Aisha رضي الله عنها once sang and Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه stopped her but the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم told him to let her keep singing, another evidence is that there was a wedding happened during the time of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and in that weddings some kind of arabic drums or another instrument were being played and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم didn't stop them

Also, the Holy Quran never mentioned anything about music, nothing at all, while many things that are clearly haram were mentioned like alcohol, pork, revealing clothes, cheating etc... and no hadith clearly states that all music are haram and if something is haram then it must have a punishment but the punishment is also never mentioned

That's why many scholars like Al Gazali and even modern scholars and those who are labelled as wahabi said that Music is not haram, i made deep research about this topic and I know what I'm saying, you do your research as well
                I thought you're a "strict follower" of the Maliki madhhab. But you seem to pick and choose what you desire.

Imam Maalik (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about playing the drum or
                flute, if a person happens to hear the sound and enjoy it whilst he is walking or sitting.
                He said: He should get up if he finds that he enjoys it, unless he is sitting down for a
                need or is unable to get up. If he is on the road, he should either go back or move on.
                (al-Jaami’ by al-Qayrawaani, 262). He (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “The only
                people who do things like that, in our view, are faasiqs.” (Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 14/55).

Comment

Music is Haram, just click on the link I provided to read the evidence for it, and yes, there is prohibition for it in the Quran. There is more evidence for the prohibition for music than there is that allow it, and the majority of scholars forbid it. Anyone who says that music is allowed is just someone who wants it to be allowed because they enjoy it.

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to make a new thread. We don’t need to go off on a tangent with this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

I thought you're a "strict follower" of the Maliki madhhab. But you seem to pick and choose what you desire.

Imam Maalik (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about playing the drum or
                    flute, if a person happens to hear the sound and enjoy it whilst he is walking or sitting.
                    He said: He should get up if he finds that he enjoys it, unless he is sitting down for a
                    need or is unable to get up. If he is on the road, he should either go back or move on.
                    (al-Jaami’ by al-Qayrawaani, 262). He (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “The only
                    people who do things like that, in our view, are faasiqs.” (Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 14/55).
                    Strictly sunni muslim but I might follow non-maliki scholars if they seem to have the best answer, is there a problem in following scholars like Al Gazali or Ibn Taymiyah ? or you just have a problem with me ? besides, I started with mentioning two hadiths and then I mentioned Al Gazali, so you're kinda saying that I should stick to anything Imam Malik says even if he might be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Music is Haram, just click on the link I provided to read the evidence for it, and yes, there is prohibition for it in the Quran. There is more evidence for the prohibition for music than there is that allow it, and the majority of scholars forbid it. Anyone who says that music is allowed is just someone who wants it to be allowed because they enjoy it.

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to make a new thread. We don’t need to go off on a tangent with this thread.
                      Yup, a new thread is a better way to discuss it and I know exactly the argument that it is prohibited in the holy quran and read it everything and again I made a deep research and concluded that music is not haram and at least makroh.

Comment

Strictly sunni muslim but I might follow non-maliki scholars if they seem to have the best answer, is there a problem in following scholars like Al Gazali or Ibn Taymiyah ? or you just have a problem with me ? besides, I started with mentioning two hadiths and then I mentioned Al Gazali, so you're kinda saying that I should stick to anything Imam Malik says even if he might be wrong.

You did not mention the reference of the actual ahadeeth and just gave your paraphased version of them. A hadeeth is a verbatim narration with isnad and matn. Not someone's paraphased report.

And if you read about usool-al-fiqh in your "deep research", you would know that reconciliation of ahadeeth takes priority over strengthening one over the other. So you would have to reconcile between the ahadeeth you're referring to and the ahadeeth that indicates music is haraam. And a group of scholars who say music is haraam have done this and made an exception for beating the daff by women on wedding nights.

You need to define what you mean by "best answer". There is a problem if you're choosing opinions of other scholars just because you like that opinion. Ibn Taymiyyah's view was that music was haram and he even stated that there was no difference in this amongst the four schools. And Imam Al Ghazali's view on music's permissibility was much more reserved than you make out to be.

You have to show how and why Imam Malik was wrong.
                        Last edited by notEVOLVED; 26-02-20, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guide seeker View Post
                          PS: If your Iman is not strong enough please don't read, I don't want to carry anyone's burden.
                          I come from a Muslim family, I live in a Muslim country, I have had wiswas before about Islam but I know this time it's not just like this, I have a list of unanswered questions and it won't go away, I've searched a lot for answers and wasn't convinced by any, now I am crying a lot because I am afraid of Allah's punishment if I was proven wrong.
                          so, I want to speak with a sheikh or someone who understands but I can't seek that in my community so I'll ask here.
                          So, my doubts aroused when I was watching some movie, it hit me that all this people just because they're not Muslim then they're going to hell, I was seriously stoned by this, I never thought it through, it is clearly said in the Quran so it's not up to anyone to doubt it, so that made me doubt the Quran itself, as why would people who lived such lives, normal lives, similar to ours, but just because they're not Muslim they won't make it to heaven and will burn for eternity in hell ? Also, I was speaking with a Christian friend she is speaking like us, she was saying she is sure that her parents were going to heaven, she wish she could find the will to stick more to religion and it made doubt religions even more.
                          Then I started expanding my search, I am 90% convinced now that religions are man made, to answer questions that couldn't be answered thousands of years ago, and that they are so shallow, and that they copy paste from each other, and Quran is just better written as Arabs were poets.
                          The only thing that is holding me back is the fear of punishment, but then I think I lost my faith, I can't get that back so I am doomed, then I realise that many people went both ways and found truth in Islam again so I am trying to do so now. I want to be a Muslim again.
                          I've searched about scientific miracles in Quran, and found that most of them is due to the brilliance of the Arabic language or discovered before Islam was even there.
                          I believe that there is a God, that created us and everything else, I just don't believe that religions are really his.
                          Also, if Islam is true, why don't Muslim countries have more justice and advance while non Muslims do happily? Why Allah created us and because we're flawed he will punish most of his creations for something they nearly had no free will into (the number that is going to hell is very very big)? How can an angel turn to a Shaitan, aren't they not free willed? Why would allah repetitively say we created earth and the skies while there is a whole lot of galaxies that he created which are so much greater than our earth? Why does a woman testify is not relied upon that you need 2 to equal a man? Why I should cover just to not arouse men? Why I should obey my husband blindly even if I don't want to? Child marriage! Virgins for men in heaven? Evolution? Why art and music are haram? Why Allah created pigs and donkeys then used them as insult? Why the ones who leave the religion is bound to a death sentence while it is said that you can't force belief?
                          The observations of the universe in Quran are just the way an arab would know then, same for the bible which is much worse written.
                          ​​​​Islam makes you fear to think it or leave it or question most of the things around us, you just say Allahu Aalaam, and I feel that made me ignorant for a long time.
                          ​I am really sorry I am saying this I don't know how I got here and I don't know how to get back, I am really lost and afraid.
                          Quran is a true holly book and muslim can not doubt it

Comment

Working...
                          X