Serious doubts about Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious doubts about Islam

PS: If your Iman is not strong enough please don't read, I don't want to carry anyone's burden.
    I come from a Muslim family, I live in a Muslim country, I have had wiswas before about Islam but I know this time it's not just like this, I have a list of unanswered questions and it won't go away, I've searched a lot for answers and wasn't convinced by any, now I am crying a lot because I am afraid of Allah's punishment if I was proven wrong.
    so, I want to speak with a sheikh or someone who understands but I can't seek that in my community so I'll ask here.
    So, my doubts aroused when I was watching some movie, it hit me that all this people just because they're not Muslim then they're going to hell, I was seriously stoned by this, I never thought it through, it is clearly said in the Quran so it's not up to anyone to doubt it, so that made me doubt the Quran itself, as why would people who lived such lives, normal lives, similar to ours, but just because they're not Muslim they won't make it to heaven and will burn for eternity in hell ? Also, I was speaking with a Christian friend she is speaking like us, she was saying she is sure that her parents were going to heaven, she wish she could find the will to stick more to religion and it made doubt religions even more.
    Then I started expanding my search, I am 90% convinced now that religions are man made, to answer questions that couldn't be answered thousands of years ago, and that they are so shallow, and that they copy paste from each other, and Quran is just better written as Arabs were poets.
    The only thing that is holding me back is the fear of punishment, but then I think I lost my faith, I can't get that back so I am doomed, then I realise that many people went both ways and found truth in Islam again so I am trying to do so now. I want to be a Muslim again.
    I've searched about scientific miracles in Quran, and found that most of them is due to the brilliance of the Arabic language or discovered before Islam was even there.
    I believe that there is a God, that created us and everything else, I just don't believe that religions are really his.
    Also, if Islam is true, why don't Muslim countries have more justice and advance while non Muslims do happily? Why Allah created us and because we're flawed he will punish most of his creations for something they nearly had no free will into (the number that is going to hell is very very big)? How can an angel turn to a Shaitan, aren't they not free willed? Why would allah repetitively say we created earth and the skies while there is a whole lot of galaxies that he created which are so much greater than our earth? Why does a woman testify is not relied upon that you need 2 to equal a man? Why I should cover just to not arouse men? Why I should obey my husband blindly even if I don't want to? Child marriage! Virgins for men in heaven? Evolution? Why art and music are haram? Why Allah created pigs and donkeys then used them as insult? Why the ones who leave the religion is bound to a death sentence while it is said that you can't force belief?
    The observations of the universe in Quran are just the way an arab would know then, same for the bible which is much worse written.
    ​​​​Islam makes you fear to think it or leave it or question most of the things around us, you just say Allahu Aalaam, and I feel that made me ignorant for a long time.
    ​I am really sorry I am saying this I don't know how I got here and I don't know how to get back, I am really lost and afraid.

Basically, "why is Islam not the way I want it to be?"

Because reality doesn't revolve around your likes/dislikes

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Guide seeker View Post
      ..So, my doubts aroused when I was watching some movie..
      A movie? Do you expect watching "movies" will increase your Iman?
      Was this "movie" made by believers?

..it hit me that all this people just because they're not Muslim then they're going to hell, I was seriously stoned by this, I never thought it through, it is clearly said in the Quran so it's not up to anyone to doubt it..
      Can you show me where in the Qur'an Allah SWT has said that all people without the label of "Muslim" will go to hell, please??

Then I started expanding my search, I am 90% convinced now that religions are man made..
      Religions aren't all man-made .. creeds, maybe..

​I am really sorry I am saying this I don't know how I got here and I don't know how to get back, I am really lost and afraid.
      ..keep thinking about it .. especially thinking about Allah SWT..
      If a person is righteous, isn't He able to guide them?
      YES! OF COURSE
      He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Remember, guys, OP is only 12 years old, so be gentle.

Comment

Hey. I can clear a question or two.
          1. no angel became a shaitan.
          It's actually a Christian belief that Satan was an angel. Satan was just a jinn in heaven that was at the time good (before being damned he was named Iblis). Jinns have free will, just like humans. Allah ordered him to bow down to Adam pbuh and all the angels did, but he didn't. He challenged Allah's decision so he was cursed.

2. I'm not well versed in the matter of covering, but here's what I can offer which may make sense to you. In Islam, it's a Muslims duty to make sure that they are not the cause of another's evil. Similarly, for men, they have to lower their gaze but this restriction is not on the same level for women since men are more likely to engage in the act. Beyond this, Allah knows everything so everything has been ordained justly so you need not worry about justice.

3. Being Muslim does not guarantee you happiness, nor should you expect it, it comes and goes. The goal of this life is not happiness or anything material. It is simply to please Allah so you can confidently appear on the day of judgment and get entry into paradise. That abode offers eternal joy. The non-muslims you see happy now are happy only for now - only the righteous will be happy in the afterlife. Allah motivates us in surah ad-duha "And verily the Hereafter is better for you than the first[life] " (93:4)

Secondly, the ummah today is not applying Islam, at the very least not as much as it should. The Muslim community is divided, fighting on insignificant reasons like Sunni vs Shia, when they should really be United and defend each other. The ummah could easily become a superpower in the middle East/Asia if only they were United. However, from the time of the prophet's death the community got more and more divided, and this is only going to continue.

Around you age is when I was having similar if not exact questions you're having right now. more answers to the other questions I may tell later. If I have told anything wrong may someone else correct me and may Allah forgive me.
          And Allah knows best.
          Last edited by Bolt; 13-02-20, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I believe Allah has said that he will bring the message of Islam to every house so anyone who dies a Christian is due to their own ignorance and is responsible about it, I think this was from the quran but I cannot confirm the source for this. Someone else please do.

The religion of the people of the book were originally from Allah, but the people distrorted and corrupted the message over time. Thus, it could be considered their current forms are man-made. Other religions like hinduism and bhuddism though are complete the invention of man. However, Islam is the exception. Allah has created it and has saved it from corruption. Allah says in the Quran: "We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption)".

Also, I know this is going to be hard for you but, you're not supposed to be friends with non-muslims. The prophet said that a person follows the religion of his friend. The are other sources also which discourage friendships from non-muslims.

Another critical thing you need to know is that you are NOT doomed. This is just what Satan wants you to believe so he can deprive the hope out of you to make you go astray. Keep hope. You don't need to "become a Muslim again", if you were already a Muslim before you are still a Muslim, unless you did something that puts you beyond the pale of Islam (which is highly unlikely I'm considering your age). No sin (other than shirk) is unforgivable. A haidht says: “If your sins were to reach to the heavens and then you repented, Allah would still accept your repentance.” (Ibn Majah). I do not think doubts are inherently sins, but I will not comment on that since I am lacking in knowledge of it.

You need to know that Islam gives us Muslims hopes. What you are describing is the waswasy of the shaitan.

We all agreed to being tested and came down to this Earth by ourselves. As more people accept the trial those souls come down on to earth for the trial to gain entry into heaven. Leaving this also for someone else to check.

May someone else give a more developed idea on but I from my understanding Allah mentions the skys and heavens because they are relevant to us and outer space is not what the majority of us are going to see in our lives ever. There's definitely a deeper reason, ask a sheikh or someone.

While the following view may make more sense to you, keep in mind it is controversial. Some scholars say that the rule that 2 female witnesses are needed only for the matters of finance since women are typically not as in touch with money as men. Though this may not be the correct view.

Look into music's psychological effects. It damages the brain (messes with dopamine). More importantly are the religious effects. Shaitan created musical instruments to allure the people to evil. People began dancing with the music. And with dancing came fasheehah/Zina. That's why music is banned. That aside, most songs today are filled with perverse lyrics(though this doesn't excuse you from listening to non-lyrical or clean songs).
            Last edited by Bolt; 13-02-20, 08:33 PM.

Comment

The Quran isn't written better because the Arabs were poets. No man wrote the Quran up by themselves. Allah revealed the Quranic verses to the prophet and He is it's author. The prophet just had his scribes write them down. The Arabs being poets has nothing to do with the Quran's uniqueness.

Art is Haram because it is rivalry with Allah's unique character of having the ability to create. There's an exception, for making toys for children, but that's it.
              Last edited by Bolt; 13-02-20, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Pigs were technically created by Satan as a distraction to detour the people (of course Allah allowed him to, but that's the test). I don't know about donkeys.

Comment

Child marriage made sense in the past because children were under threat in the age of jahiliyah(ignorance) and also because it is believed children would mature much earlier in the past. The real concern is forced marriage, which is against Islamic teachings.

I can't say much for men having virgins in heaven, evolution, or why women have to listen to their husbands.

I hope I have been helpful in your understanding of Islam and that at least a portion of your feeling of displacement has been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt View Post
                    Pigs were technically created by Satan as a distraction to detour the people (of course Allah allowed him to, but that's the test). I don't know about donkeys.
                    Please post the proofs for this.

Comment

Dear sister, there are so many questions you asked. I would spend hours answering each of them.

It's good that you have all those questions. And it's not true you can't. Islam is, unlike other religions, the most open for questioning and commenting.

When it comes to Jahanam, I used to have the same wonderings when I was a kid. But then I learned why disbelievers are going to Jahannam. On the other hand, only Allah knows who is a disbeliever. Some may become believers right before death.

I also understood that you don't have enough knowledge, which is ok for a 12-year-old. There is a lot you need to learn about this world we live in - The Dunya.

When it comes to the skies, let me tell you that all the galaxies are just a small part of only the first sky, out of 7. And Allah created them all. Other skies don't have stars and galaxies but something else. And first sky (heaven) is the smallest one.

When it comes to your question about us not being united, etc, it's not up to Allah, it's up to us. We have free will and we choose our path. Allah explained that in Quran very well.

I would suggest you to study Allah Himself alone. You will get to understand more and more. But also, try to learn our religion. Try to understand the difference between this life and the next life.

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

A movie? Do you expect watching "movies" will increase your Iman?
                        Was this "movie" made by believers?

Can you show me where in the Qur'an Allah SWT has said that all people without the label of "Muslim" will go to hell, please??

Religions aren't all man-made .. creeds, maybe..

..keep thinking about it .. especially thinking about Allah SWT..
                        If a person is righteous, isn't He able to guide them?
                        YES! OF COURSE
                        Of course not, I don't think it will increase my Iman, it's just something normal to do sometimes.
                        "و​​​​ من يبتغ غير الاسلام دينا فلن يقبل منه"
                        And of course it is implied so much what happens to kuffar.
                        Sorry for writing the Ayat without tashkel I memorized them long ago but don't know the exact tashkel.

Comment

Okay, so thank you all for your answers.
                          I'm actually 22 not 12 I don't know why most are saying that I am 12.
                          I've decided that if I made sure that Quran was sent from Allah then all of the questions I have doesn't really matter, if I didn't search this I will just be like Abraham's people who said "that's how we found our ancestors", if I made sure then I will blindly follow the Mighty God that created us despite all the things that my human mind can't comprehend as for sure he is a great creator and only a fool can deny this.
                          So, my search now is focused on finding this out thank you for your patience with me. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Please post the proofs for this.
                            Hmm I thought that it was a known thing, apparently it's not. Couldn't find it on the web. Scrap this comment.

Comment

...I'm actually 22 not 12 I don't know why most are saying that I am 12...
                              Sorry, the questions you posed were a bit 'simple' so I assumed you were still very young.

Comment

Working...
                              X