After many years I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After many years I need help

I had converted almost 20 yrs ago and stopped practicing everything; went back to Christian for a while then left that. I e been on and off with religion. In about a 20 yrs span I’ve been through a lot. I’m much older now and finally learned to listen to my own heart and not the world. Unfortunately I have forgotten EVERYTHING. I have to start all over again. I don’t even know where to start. I did purchase another Quran, I had given my original away to another convert. I’ve have been reading that. I’ve been bouncing around on different topics on the net and am just disorganized. Haven’t been motivated to do full five prayers, I can’t remember how. The videos on YouTube are not 100% helpful. The hugest problem is the language barrier. Even reading things or watching videos there are words inserted and then I have to look them up to remember. Any guidance would be appreciated.

another frustrating thing is the closest masjid will NOT answer emails or phone calls. That part is the most frustrating.

Here is a useful article on the basic teachings/values of Islam:

https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...lues-of-islam/

Secondly, according to the Islamic website 'Islamqa, this is how converts should pray if they don't know the prayer:

Originally posted by Islamqa

Second: If you have not yet learned the manner and characteristics of performing the prayer (i.e. at least the movements and positions), appended to this message is a description from which you can learn.

What is requried from you for the time being is to say in the beginning of the prayer and between each movement between positions "Allaahu ak-bar" (a glorification of Allaah). While standing, bowing, prostrating, and sitting, you should say "subhaan allaah wal-hamdu lillaah wa-laa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar." (Glory be to Allaah, and praise and thanks be to Allaah, and there is no god but Allaah, and Allaah is the most Exalted and Great.) Then conclude the prayer by turning your head to the right then left, each time saying "as-salaamu alaikum."

This way of performing salaat is permissible for you until you can learn and memorize what should be said in each movement and position of the salaat.
    https://islamqa.info/en/answers/378/...peaking-muslim

eesa the kiwi please assist further brother.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

As-salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Sister, there's a very helpful tool for reverts called iPray Salah Pad, you will be able to find it on Amazon in shaa Allah, it's very beneficial for those who are trying to learn the salah on their own without knowledge of the arabic language. It takes you through wudhu and prayers. Basically, there are buttons with images, so you do whatever is shown on the button and then you press it, so the pad recites whatever is to be recited in the certain position. You will recite along with the voice, and after a while you'll be able to start reciting on your own.

I pray that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala guides you to the Straight Path and gives you beneficial knowledge.

Comment

FellOffMyWagon first of all, Allah gave you this journey in order to learn a lot, get stronger and then head on to the straight path.

Second of all, take smaller steps. You're now feeding your soul. Don't take everything at the same time. And ask Allah to guide you.

If you need any help, you can always contact me on PM.

Salam

Comment

Working...
        X