Repentance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repentance

What is Tawbah and istighfar. Are they the same thing or different? I want to repent for my sins how should I do that? Can I do it daily, if needed? Thank you
    And if you should count the favors of Allah, you could not enumerate them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Holy Qur'an 16:18

Istighfar is general seeking of forgiveness

Taubah or repentance is a little more specific. You regret what you have done, make intention not to repeat the act then ask for forgiveness. The one who makes taubah for a sin is like the one who didnt sin

Also glad tidings my brother. Embracing Islam wipes away all the sins you have done before. You're like a new born baby may Allah bless you

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu btw
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Also to do it frequently is encouraged
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Working...
      X