Listening to Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to Music

I've been listening to the same alt rock music for 5 years, as a result I slowly started moving to other music. The music I started Listening to Christian music but no longer am Christian. It gets me thinking; I'm pretty positive that genre would at least for the most part be distasteful. What kind of music can I listen to? Should I avoid explicit music and music with mature themes?

Music is haram

Comment

Music is haram. Fear Allah. Let your ears be accustomed to Al-Quran.

Comment

You can find substitutes and alternatives in voice only nasheed in english arabic or other languages.

If you're used to listening to something then just replace with islamic songs of praise or quran instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cappadocia View Post
          You can find substitutes and alternatives in voice only nasheed in english arabic or other languages.

If you're used to listening to something then just replace with islamic songs of praise or quran instead.
          It's not good to listen to anasheed too much.

And some anasheed are almost musical sounding. If you compare music to certain anasheed, it's hard to tell the difference between them.
          Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

If Music you listen to has no bad words or bad messages then it's not haram. if it's Christian Music then of course that's Haram, if it's Islamic Music or normal music with good message then obviously that's halal.

Comment

Originally posted by Confusedteenager View Post
              I've been listening to the same alt rock music for 5 years, as a result I slowly started moving to other music. The music I started Listening to Christian music but no longer am Christian. It gets me thinking; I'm pretty positive that genre would at least for the most part be distasteful. What kind of music can I listen to? Should I avoid explicit music and music with mature themes?
              Please do not listen to Khalil4life, he is spreading falsehood and will have to answer to Allah for it on Judgement Day. Listening to Music is forbidden by the majority of Islamic Scholars.

At-Tirmidhi (2167) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah will not cause my ummah to agree on falsehood; the hand of Allah is with the jamaa‘ah (the main body of the Muslims).” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani

Do not accept Islamic advice from people who do not provide evidence for their claims. If they do provide evidence, verify it and make sure the
              Majority agree on it.

Click on the following blue link for evidence that music is Haram from islamqa.info. They provide many sources the definitely show that music is forbidden. Anyone who says otherwise is just making the haram as halal because they're just want to follow their desires.

Comment

There are certain protocols and things you need to adhere to when dealing with music. Absolutely it must not contain any haram wordings or words. Not talking about lust, money, worldly matters. No satanic music (like death metal or rap).

Replace those with nasheeds, recitation of the Quran. Actually Muslims have worked on music more than you think. Have you seen al-Farabi's book on the 'maqamaat (places) of music'. Did you know Muslims discovered 49 different notes in a single scale. Its marvellous. You can listen to spiritual music which brings you closer to God.

But since you listen to some alt rock, have you tried listen to instrumental only? Something like post rock perhaps. It follows classical themes and takes its time building up and reaching a crescendo. Obviously music is addictive so you need to come off it slowly. So I'm suggesting other alternative substitutes in place of what you listen to. Peace.

(just realised this is an old post)
                Last edited by Kas1m; 31-08-20, 05:03 AM.
                الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                  There are certain protocols and things you need to adhere to when dealing with music. Absolutely it must not contain any haram wordings or words. Not talking about lust, money, worldly matters. No satanic music (like death metal or rap).

Replace those with nasheeds, recitation of the Quran. Actually Muslims have worked on music more than you think. Have you seen al-Farabi's book on the 'maqamaat (places) of music'. Did you know Muslims discovered 49 different notes in a single scale. Its marvellous. You can listen to spiritual music which brings you closer to God.

But since you listen to some alt rock, have you tried listen to instrumental only? Something like post rock perhaps. It follows classical themes and takes its time building up and reaching a crescendo. Obviously music is addictive so you need to come off it slowly. So I'm suggesting other alternative substitutes in place of what you listen to. Peace.

(just realised this is an old post)
                  Please don't give out bad and confusing advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Please don't give out bad and confusing advice.
                    Yup. Looks like it is not happening. People either got married and moved on. I got married and joined the forum. Quite the opposite.
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post

Yup. Looks like it is not happening. People either got married and moved on. I got married and joined the forum. Quite the opposite.
                      Eh?

Comment

Can you advise any good compositions for a wedding ceremony?

Comment

Last edited by sajid; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

I thought that most Scholars state that music is Haram!

Comment

Not everything is haram. Yes music we should avoid because it shapes your personality and makes you behave in weird ways.

like people who are into rock n roll have that kind of personality and wear black a lot and wear eyeliners.

kpop fans love anime and act like they're one
                              Last edited by Flawed; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X