Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Woman even able to perfect their religion?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are Woman even able to perfect their religion?

    So I've searched the internet for an answer to this question and there are no answers.

    Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari (R.A.A): Allah's Messanger (S.A.W) said, "Many amongst men attained perfection but amongst women none attained the perfection except Maryam (Mary), the daughter of 'Imran, and Asiya, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh). And the superiority of Aishah to other women is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e., and Arabic dish) to other meals." Sahih Al-Bukhari- Volume 5 (Book 62)

    This hadith is implying that God grants perfection on a lot of men and only a handful of women (may Allah be pleased with them). Isn't our goal to perfect our religion? Unless perfection, in this case, means Prophethood or a type of sainthood that is above the normal perfection of religion? Plus what of women that serve Allah (swt) faithfully all their life and die as a martyr, have they not perfected their religion?

    I feel like if perfection means perfection of religion in this Hadith than why am I even bothering to go the extra mile to strengthen my Iman/Deen when I won't ever be able to perfect it as a woman? It hurts my heart because I want to perfect my faith and be nearer to Allah (swt).

    Plus could this Hadith be weak because it counters the Quran that says that men and women are equal to Allah (when it comes to faith and opportunity to perfect our religion)?

    I'm confused and saddened by this Hadith... It makes me feel like all faithful Muslim women's efforts are for naught just because of our gender (Which counters everything I know about Islam and Allah (SWT)).
    Last edited by ELM; 07-04-19, 08:18 PM.

  • #2
    Sis, this day and age no man nor woman will be perfect, we are not prophets or their wives. And even they made istighfaar etc...

    all we can aspire to be is the best slave of Allah of our time, thats something to strive for
    Please visit my Youtube cooking channel :lemo:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kaas View Post
      Sis, this day and age no man nor woman will be perfect, we are not prophets or their wives. And even they made istighfaar etc...

      all we can aspire to be is the best slave of Allah of our time, thats something to strive for
      Perhaps I've been missled then? I keep on hearing Imams say that we should try to perfect our deen in every aspect. This was my thought listening to them: How can we be perfect like them when they did so much? It's so confusing lol. 10 months a revert and I still feel like a tadpole! :glee:

      Comment


      • #4
        You are confused and you missed the point. These women should be your role model. Why don't you read about the prophet's (عليه الصلاة و السلام) wives and try to copy them in every aspect. Let Allah reward you in the hereafter the way he wants. We don't know how Allah is going to judge us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ELM View Post

          Perhaps I've been missled then? I keep on hearing Imams say that we should try to perfect our deen in every aspect. This was my thought listening to them: How can we be perfect like them when they did so much? It's so confusing lol. 10 months a revert and I still feel like a tadpole! :glee:
          Ohh sis i know the ups and downs of trying to learn the deen, dont worry about it, the imams probably meant to say like strive toward perfection, but that doesnt mean you will be perfect.. just always do your best and dont become discouraged. Whatever you do, do not despair. Just go and read the 99 names of Qllah, you will see as he has all those atributes, you have no reason to despair in his mercy and love. Allah will always accept your sincere intentions
          Please visit my Youtube cooking channel :lemo:

          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
            You are confused and you missed the point. These women should be your role model. Why don't you read about the prophet's (عليه الصلاة و السلام) wives and try to copy them in every aspect. Let Allah reward you in the hereafter the way he wants. We don't know how Allah is going to judge us.
            I see it now. I have been, I've been reading the Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) (that's where I got this Hadith) and I'm nearly done his biography. Honestly I want to take an Islamic theology course Inshallah because I'm always trying to dig deeper into the meaning of the Arabic (such a complex and interesting language!) it's such a hastle not knowing Arabic and trying to understand what Allah (swt) or Muhammad (PBUH) meant. Maybe I should get a book on the special women? It's awesome coming from a Christian background to know that the Qu'ran and Sunnah mention four women of great importance (and not just for the men they gave birth to, but their own merits)!
            Last edited by ELM; 07-04-19, 10:50 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              dont interpret hadith your self
              look to what scholars have said about it

              check online if scholars have talked about it
              you could check the book fathal bari (by ibn hajr asqalani ) its an explanation of hadiths from sahih bukhari
              but its in arabic
              but if u find that hadith you can see the actual explanation for it

              and just to add men arent perfect even the sahaba werent perfect

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                dont interpret hadith your self
                look to what scholars have said about it

                check online if scholars have talked about it
                you could check the book fathal bari (by ibn hajr asqalani ) its an explanation of hadiths from sahih bukhari
                but its in arabic
                but if u find that hadith you can see the actual explanation for it

                and just to add men arent perfect even the sahaba werent perfect
                Thank you brother, I found an English translation, but it is expen$ive lol. I think that's one of the hurdles for Muslims in the west, all the money we spend on clothes, food, and books! At least we can get them though Allhamdulillah.

                Yeah I've read countless times in the Sunnah of Muhammad (PBUH) of him chastising the Sahaba for one thing or another. I can't imagine getting chastised by Muhammad (PBUH)! I'd probably cry.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ELM View Post

                  I see it now. I have been, I've been reading the Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) (that's where I got this Hadith) and I'm nearly done his biography. Honestly I want to take an Islamic theology course Inshallah because I'm always trying to dig deeper into the meaning of the Arabic (such a complex and interesting language!) it's such a hastle not knowing Arabic and trying to understand what Allah (swt) or Muhammad (PBUH) meant. Maybe I should get a book on the special women? It's awesome coming from a Christian background to know that the Qu'ran and Sunnah mention four women of great importance (and not just for the men they gave birth to, but their own merits)!
                  Islamic online university offers a free diploma in Islamic studies and also courses for new muslims just Google them
                  "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ELM View Post

                    Perhaps I've been missled then? I keep on hearing Imams say that we should try to perfect our deen in every aspect. This was my thought listening to them: How can we be perfect like them when they did so much? It's so confusing lol. 10 months a revert and I still feel like a tadpole! :glee:
                    Trying to perfect your deen, doesn't imply that you will attain absolute perfection, be sinless.
                    ​​​​​​
                    You misunderstood.

                    For example the best of creation is Rasul صلى الله عليه وعلى آله وسلم we are commanded to emulate him, that doesn't mean we will reach his status.

                    Allah عز و جل always gives people the best of examplers to emulate, the Anbiya عليه السلام the ummul mumineen radiallahu anhuma, Maryam عليه السلام etc.


                    ​​​​​جزاك الله خيرا
                    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 07-04-19, 11:28 PM.
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

                      Islamic online university offers a free diploma in Islamic studies and also courses for new muslims just Google them
                      I have. I'm actually planning on attending when I get some time and privacy Inshallah.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ELM View Post

                        I have. I'm actually planning on attending when I get some time and privacy Inshallah.
                        May Allah make things easy for you to study Islam
                        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabarakaatuh..

                          Dear sister, I have read a few of your posts and your desire has amazed me. May Allah keep us all steadfast in our desire to achieve perfection in our Deen before we leave this temporary world and return to Allah, the Magnificent.

                          The Imaams with good reason keep asking us to perfect our deen. This is another way of asking not to be content with the "religiousness" that we have, but constantly strive to learnt and implement more and more of the commands of Allah and the sunnahs/life habits of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam into our lives.

                          Perfection, like our brothers and sisters have stated above, is a benchmark that is very difficult to achieve, but it has to be our long term objective.

                          Having made that clear, we can then take 1 step at a time towards this goal. Who knows, based on our desire, how much Allah will bless us with his Deen. We will be the fortunate ones!

                          Therefore, like the brothers and sisters have recommended, you should try and reach out to knowledgeable people/resources. Keep asking Allah to guide you to what is right and save you from what is wrong whilst in this pursuit. And at the same time also ask for ease. Only Allah can make the learning and implementation of knowledge easy.

                          May Allah bless you and all of us with beneficial knowledge, guide us towards a lifestyle that Allah wants from us and save us from the lifestyle that Allah does not like.
                          وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ


                          And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                          Al Baqarah : Verse 13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't think man or woman can reach the levels of Maryam or Asiya alayhis salaam.

                            What we can do is remember that they are our role models, and try to apply their type of patience and fortitude :)
                            Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

                            The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

                            and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

                            and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

                            and charity is proof (of one's faith)

                            and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

                            All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.



                            حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

                            Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                            In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                            USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                            (deprecated numbering scheme)

                            أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                            Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                            Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X