Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need evidences to my co-worker that wearing trousers in public isn't permissible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need evidences to my co-worker that wearing trousers in public isn't permissible?

So I'm a 24 year old female and wear jilbab, soemtimes abaya to work. So my co worker who's 19 and is also a Muslim asked me about a week ago why I don't wear trousers and dress more "young". I told her wearing trousers in public isn't permissible, then she goes show me any hadiths or Quranic verses that says that.
    Her reasoning is as long as her trousers aren't showing her shape, then it's permissible.

To be honest her trousers/ jeans aren't tight but not that loose either so I can still see her body shape.

So could anyone provide any Hadiths, Ayats to prove my point and Jazakallahu khairan.

Originally posted by Fatum View Post
    So I'm a 24 year old female and wear jilbab, soemtimes abaya to work. So my co worker who's 19 and is also a Muslim asked me about a week ago why I don't wear trousers and dress more "young". I told her wearing trousers in public isn't permissible, then she goes show me any hadiths or Quranic verses that says that.
    Her reasoning is as long as her trousers aren't showing her shape, then it's permissible.

To be honest her trousers/ jeans aren't tight but not that loose either so I can still see her body shape.

So could anyone provide any Hadiths, Ayats to prove my point and Jazakallahu khairan.
    they ayaat and hadith do not say a women cannot wear trousers so if thats what she wants you wont be able to

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/6991/correct-hijaab

this explains it well
    with the use of general ayaat and ahadith to show what a women should cover and how
    along with explanation from ulama

Comment

Well, logically speaking, stitched trousers with soft fabrics that exist today didn't exist back then. So obviously you won't find explicit Hadith forbidding it.

But she accepts that body shape must be hidden by the garment, so you can tell her it is visible to you.

Comment

Working...
      X