Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubts over Qur'an verse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doubts over Qur'an verse

    Asalamualaiykum
    Recently, I've been having doubts over Surah Mulk verse 3 which says:
    " [And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?"
    From my understanding, "Inconsistency" refers to how the creation is always bound to the laws of physics but since many prophets performed miracles, aren't these going against the laws of physics and thus "inconsistent"?
    Also, some translations state that this verse says:
    "It is He who has created seven heavens, one above the other. You can see no flaw in the creation of the Beneficent God. Look again. Can you see faults?"
    Here, from what i know, "flaw" could either refer to aesthetic value or its function. We can rule out the first option as aesthetic value is subjective. However, isn't an impaired or blind eye a flawed creation as it fails to perform its function?
    I would hope that someone could resolve these doubts for me as i cannot find answers to them.
    Jazakallahkhair.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ahmed 02 View Post
    Asalamualaiykum
    Recently, I've been having doubts over Surah Mulk verse 3 which says:
    " [And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?"
    From my understanding, "Inconsistency" refers to how the creation is always bound to the laws of physics but since many prophets performed miracles, aren't these going against the laws of physics and thus "inconsistent"?
    Also, some translations state that this verse says:
    "It is He who has created seven heavens, one above the other. You can see no flaw in the creation of the Beneficent God. Look again. Can you see faults?"
    Here, from what i know, "flaw" could either refer to aesthetic value or its function. We can rule out the first option as aesthetic value is subjective. However, isn't an impaired or blind eye a flawed creation as it fails to perform its function?
    I would hope that someone could resolve these doubts for me as i cannot find answers to them.
    Jazakallahkhair.
    Point number 1: its Kufr to doubt any ayaat of the Qur'an.

    If you don't understand any particular Ayah, you ask for a explanation.

    You haven't pointed out any flaw either in the 7 heavens which you can't see 6 of them, nor in the one containing the universe. They werw created perfectly fit for purpose. Nor can you point out any flaw in yhe ozone layer.

    It seems your making up flaws to justify your Kufr
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post


      It seems your making up flaws to justify your Kufr
      They come in sheeps clothing but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ahmed 02 View Post
        Asalamualaiykum
        Recently, I've been having doubts over Surah Mulk verse 3 which says:
        " [And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?"
        From my understanding, "Inconsistency" refers to how the creation is always bound to the laws of physics but since many prophets performed miracles, aren't these going against the laws of physics and thus "inconsistent"?
        Also, some translations state that this verse says:
        "It is He who has created seven heavens, one above the other. You can see no flaw in the creation of the Beneficent God. Look again. Can you see faults?"
        Here, from what i know, "flaw" could either refer to aesthetic value or its function. We can rule out the first option as aesthetic value is subjective. However, isn't an impaired or blind eye a flawed creation as it fails to perform its function?
        I would hope that someone could resolve these doubts for me as i cannot find answers to them.
        Jazakallahkhair.
        Forgive the vileness that is found in this forum. You will be hard pressed to find good or honest people here to answer your questions. Only self-righteous, outwardly pious people that make up the "muslims" of today. The answers you seek are better found from true scholars of Islam. Seek the knowledge physically from learned men around your area brother. If gaining knowledge were so easy that you can post on a forum and get all your explanations then you may not value the answers that you find.

        All I see is someone asking a question to understand better and increase their knowledge. Making up flaws? Justifying Kufr? Serious allegations man phew.. don't you know you will be answerable on The Day for all you say? Shame.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

          Point number 1: its Kufr to doubt any ayaat of the Qur'an.

          If you don't understand any particular Ayah, you ask for a explanation.

          You haven't pointed out any flaw either in the 7 heavens which you can't see 6 of them, nor in the one containing the universe. They werw created perfectly fit for purpose. Nor can you point out any flaw in yhe ozone layer.

          It seems your making up flaws to justify your Kufr
          Sorry if I seemed rude, but I just wanted to ask for an explanation for the verse and the questions which followed

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by IsaahM View Post

            Forgive the vileness that is found in this forum. You will be hard pressed to find good or honest people here to answer your questions. Only self-righteous, outwardly pious people that make up the "muslims" of today. The answers you seek are better found from true scholars of Islam. Seek the knowledge physically from learned men around your area brother. If gaining knowledge were so easy that you can post on a forum and get all your explanations then you may not value the answers that you find.

            All I see is someone asking a question to understand better and increase their knowledge. Making up flaws? Justifying Kufr? Serious allegations man phew.. don't you know you will be answerable on The Day for all you say? Shame.
            Thank you, I also noticed this but I dismiss it most of the time. Many Muslims have doubts and they just want an answer to their questions which will not only answer their doubts but would also increase their imaan. I just hoped that by posting on this forum that I would get an explanation but it seems that is not the case

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Musbah View Post

              They come in sheeps clothing but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
              True akhi,

              Failed to post even 1 flaw,

              Instead he had a Brain malfunction.

              جزاك الله خيرا
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

              "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ahmed 02 View Post

                Sorry if I seemed rude, but I just wanted to ask for an explanation for the verse and the questions which followed
                You exposed your Kufr, its not a case of being rude.
                ​​​​​​
                You still haven't posted one flaw in the heavens.

                They were created by Allah عز و جل for a purpose and even the kuffar admit its amazing, but it's flawed cause you say its flawed apparently.

                Face-palm

                Secondly you read the Ayah which states explicitly that there is no doubt in the Qur'an right ?

                Allah عز و جل says there is no doubt in the Qur'an yet you say there is,

                So who is telling the truth ?
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ahmed 02 View Post
                  Asalamualaiykum
                  Recently, I've been having doubts over Surah Mulk verse 3 which says:
                  " [And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?"
                  consistency
                  a harmonious uniformity or agreement among things or parts


                  Yes i see consistency , a harmonious uniformity

                  Surah nuh , 71:15
                  Have you ever wondered how God created seven heavens, one above the other ?

                  I have wondered about it too but maybe this is something i do not understand it yet .

                  But as science progress , i am sure i will understand it someday .




                  Many prophets performed miracles, aren't these going against the laws of physics and thus "inconsistent"?
                  Unfortunately , I am not an expert on the subject of the miracles of prophets

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

                    You exposed your Kufr, its not a case of being rude.
                    ​​​​​​
                    You still haven't posted one flaw in the heavens.

                    They were created by Allah عز و جل for a purpose and even the kuffar admit its amazing, but it's flawed cause you say its flawed apparently.

                    Face-palm

                    Secondly you read the Ayah which states explicitly that there is no doubt in the Qur'an right ?

                    Allah عز و جل says there is no doubt in the Qur'an yet you say there is,

                    So who is telling the truth ?
                    1st:
                    I have mentioned what i thought were flaws due to my ignorance such as the malfunctioning of an impaired eye. I guess you did not read my post correctly

                    2nd:
                    Now I know that the verse was most probably referring to the laws of Allah (SWT) and not the laws of physics in which case there are absolutely no flaws or inconsistencies because what Allah (SWT) decrees is his law so if he (SWT) decrees that someone has an impaired eye, this is all according to his law. Also, miracles are all part of his wisdom and laws as well.

                    3rd:
                    All i am saying is due to my lack of knowledge I had doubts and wanted an explanation which is why i made an account because i wanted my brothers in Islam to help relieve these doubts. I guess this was not the case... instead i was ridiculed.

                    4th:
                    According to you, asking for explanations and answers to doubts means someone is justifying their Kufr. So do you suggest that we all blindly believe what our parents believe? If you had at least answered me, Allah (SWT) may have rewarded you for supplying me knowledge to replace my ignorance and I would have become more certain in my imaan even sooner.
                    Last edited by Ahmed 02; 16-03-19, 09:06 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ahmed 02 View Post

                      1st:
                      I have mentioned what i thought were flaws due to my ignorance such as the malfunctioning of an impaired eye. I guess you did not read my post correctly

                      2nd:
                      Now I know that the verse was most probably referring to the laws of Allah (SWT) and not the laws of physics in which case there are absolutely no flaws or inconsistencies because what Allah (SWT) decrees is his law so if he (SWT) decrees that someone has an impaired eye, this is all according to his law. Also, miracles are all part of his wisdom and laws as well.

                      3rd:
                      All i am saying is due to my lack of knowledge I had doubts and wanted an explanation which is why i made an account because i wanted my brothers in Islam to help relieve these doubts. I guess this was not the case... instead i was ridiculed.

                      4th:
                      According to you, asking for explanations and answers to doubts means someone is justifying their Kufr. So do you suggest that we all blindly believe what our parents believe? If you had at least answered me, Allah (SWT) may have rewarded you for supplying me knowledge to replace my ignorance and I would have become more certain in my imaan even sooner.
                      So let me get this right, you have a problem with your eye, and assumed there was a fault in the Qur'an instead of assuming the fault lies with you?
                      ​​​​​
                      There is a difference between asking for explanation because you don't understand the ayah and doubting an ayah,

                      The latter is Kufr which your post stated.

                      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 18-03-19, 05:13 PM.
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                      "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

                        So let me get this right, you have a problem with your eye, and assumed there was a fault in the Qur'an instead of assuming the fault lies with you?
                        ​​​​​
                        There is a difference between asking for explanation because you don't understand the ayah and doubting an ayah,

                        The latter is Kufr which your post stated.
                        Let me make it simpler for you
                        • Allah SWT said that there is no flaw in his creation
                        • I am asking you is an impaired eye an example of a flaw in the creation
                        • if not could you please explain why
                        This is all I am asking

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ahmed 02 View Post

                          Let me make it simpler for you
                          • Allah SWT said that there is no flaw in his creation
                          • I am asking you is an impaired eye an example of a flaw in the creation
                          • if not could you please explain why
                          This is all I am asking

                          Do you believe what Allah (swt) says?


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post


                            Do you believe what Allah (swt) says?

                            Could you explain what you mean by that?
                            If you mean that if Allah SWT commands something and that we should hear and obey then yes i believe and act on what he says to the best of my ability

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just a sidenote, best thing would be to study the arabic language. The quran was revealed in arabic after all. And listen to a tafsir audio or read a tafsir book. You can't just take an ayah out of its context. But for now, ask a knowledge person in your area to explain whatever is confusing you. May Allah protect us against shubuhaat in our deen- ameen.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X