Purpose of Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purpose of Life

Do we each have a unique purpose in life that we must find? Or are we just nothing more than part of a whole?

I know the purpose of human creation is to worship Allah. But I'm not talking about general rulings that apply to all. I'm speaking on an individual personal basis. Please do try to comment or respond positively with an appropriate understanding of what has been asked.

I can't remember word for word the exact quote, but there was a quote by one of the classical scholars (Imam Ahmed if memory serves me correctly) and someone asked him in a slightly accusatory manner as to why most of his writings were in one specific subject and Imam Ahmed replied that not everyone can be an expert in everything; some focus more areas of study around hadith chains, some around fiqh, some around jurisprudence and so on.

The point is that as long as people are fulfilling the fards, avoiding haram and serving Allah (swt) within those limits, then they're doing okay.
    Also the quote implied something about people applying their skills in the best way so a person with a sharper memory and penmanship might be better suited to one type of role compared to someone whose skills are in a different area- sorry I don't remember the specifics more than that. This is important because it's commonplace in most families for a family member to be weaker in certain areas than everyone else; one family member might have a learning disability or might be physically weaker than others or might have social anxiety so rather than try to force people to exert themselves in areas that they're very uncomfortable or distressed in, it makes sense of seeing how to make more appropriate and better use of their skillset and not expect them to be like everyone else.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Although it made a lot of sense and got me thinking.... it didn't really have anything to do with what I asked haha..thanks again anyways, it really made sense and even though it wasn't at all what I asked, it was what I needed to hear today subhanAllah :):)

Comment

After trying to find the purpose of life in Quran ,

I found this verse very close to life

Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment (for the disbelievers, evil-doers), and (there is) Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the believers, good-doers), whereas the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment“. [57:20]

Comment

Thank you, but still doesn't answer my question.

It's .... is there a personal and individual role that we play in the world affairs? Do we each have a significant purpose that we fulfill?

I guess the real problem is that I don't know how to phrase my question or put across my thoughts..

Comment

Working...
          X