Non combatants during time of conquests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non combatants during time of conquests

I originally posted this on Islamicboard but it immediately got deleted for no reason at all. Iíve been listening to lectures about early Islam and the different speakers Iíve been listening to talk about how the Muslims would collect the prizes of war and do different things with them (distribute weapons, add money to the treasury, etc) but they also briefly mentioned that they would take the women of the enemy combatants without going into any detail.

my question was, during the time of the early Muslim conquests, what would end up happening to the non combatants in the land that the Muslims took over? Itís reported that the Muslims faced tens-hundreds of thousands of the enemies, so if most of them have died or fled, what would become of those left behind (women, children, elderly)?

This is a genuine question, so please donít delete this.

Which speakers/talks have you listened to?

Comment

A member from that site posted a collection of lectures from Imam Anwar Al Awlaki and I canít remember the other speaker I heard it from. It was a speaker on YouTube a while back. I heard it several times throughout a few of Anwarís lectures recently where he speaks about the spoils of war. Unfortunately I didnít mark any of them down at the time. His lectures are long so it would be difficult for me to go through the ones i listened to to find them.

Regardless of the speaker, what would become of the inhabitants of the lands that Muslims took over, specifically those mentioned in my OP? It wasnít something I really thought about until hearing about the topic again recently. Iím very interested in the topic of Islamic history and found many non Muslim sources for it online, but I want to read and hear Islamic sources about it but donít know whatís worth looking into.
      Last edited by GoldenTicket; 11-03-19, 09:13 PM.

Comment

The woman and children could be enslaved if their men decided not to A. embrace Islam B. pay the jizyah or C. they decided to fight it on the batlefield and lost thus their women and children became part of the war booty. And this is what happened to the Jewish tribe in Medina that treacherously violated their pact with the Islamic State of Medina. Imam Al-Alwaki discusses this in his seerah lectures.
        Last edited by Musbah; 11-03-19, 09:13 PM.
        "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
          The woman and children could be enslaved if their men decided not to A. embrace Islam B. pay the jizyah or C. they decided to fight it on the batlefield and lost thus their women and children became part of the war booty. And this is what happened to the Jewish tribe in Medina that treacherously violated their pact with the Islamic State of Medina. Imam Al-Alwaki discusses this in his seerah lectures.
          JazakAllah. I havenít made it that far into his lectures yet. But for clarification, if they become enslaved, does it simply mean that theyíre used as servants for different uses or what?

Comment

I want you to watch this video particularly at the 1:28 mark and Muslims have to not be shy that Islam didn't abolish slavery and it was a part of the end result of jihad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fW01N9jiJg&t=88s

Comment

This is one of the reasons why I have been listening to Anwarís lectures recently because of the fact he goes into details about a lot of things, for the most part, and itís in English. He also isnít afraid to tell it like it is alhamdulillah

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenTicket View Post
                This is one of the reasons why I have been listening to Anwarís lectures recently because of the fact he goes into details about a lot of things, for the most part, and itís in English. He also isnít afraid to tell it like it is alhamdulillah
                That is the way it should be - don't fear the blame of the blamer. When you are done listening to the Seerah, he also continues with Abu Bakr and Umar series. For the part of the seerah of the Jewish tribe Banu Qurayda it is in The Medina Period Volume 1, the last section 18.

Comment

Having a slave can be a dangerous prospect if you think about it.

Comment

JazakAllah. I havenít made it that far into his lectures yet. But for clarification, if they become enslaved, does it simply mean that theyíre used as servants for different uses or what?
                    Is there a point to you wanting details about what is permitted in Islam concerning slavery and how is this relevant to you?

​​​

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Is there a point to you wanting details about what is permitted in Islam concerning slavery and how is this relevant to you?

​​​
                      Yes. The point is being educated on my religion. Is that a problem? If so, why? If it's not a problem, you're more then welcome to contribute.

Comment

I originally posted this on Islamicboard but it immediately got deleted for no reason at all. Iíve been listening to lectures about early Islam and the different speakers Iíve been listening to talk about how the Muslims would collect the prizes of war and do different things with them (distribute weapons, add money to the treasury, etc) but they also briefly mentioned that they would take the women of the enemy combatants without going into any detail.

my question was, during the time of the early Muslim conquests, what would end up happening to the non combatants in the land that the Muslims took over? Itís reported that the Muslims faced tens-hundreds of thousands of the enemies, so if most of them have died or fled, what would become of those left behind (women, children, elderly)?

This is a genuine question, so please donít delete this.
                        If the inhabitants of those lands refused to embrace Islam or pay the jizyah they'd be fought and those left behind would be taken into captivity.

The copts for example opted to pay the jizyah and they were left alone by the Muslims in Egypt.

Comment

Yes. The point is being educated on my religion. Is that a problem? If so, why? If it's not a problem, you're more then welcome to contribute.
                          Have you got any slaves or planning on having any slaves in future?
                          ​​​​​​
                          If not then it was completely irrelevant.

Problem is you wasting time on hypothetical issues,

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 14-03-19, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Have you got any slaves or planning on having any slaves in future?
                            ​​​​​​
                            If not then it was completely irrelevant.

Problem is you wasting time on hypothetical issues,
                            Wasting time learning the religion? Akhi, you're confused. There is nothing hypothetical about events which happened.

Comment

Wasting time learning the religion? Akhi, you're confused. There is nothing hypothetical about events which happened.
                              Looks like your a Troll baiting

It is not relevant to you, since you have no slaves,

This is like asking if they make a base on the moon, how we gonna pray.

We have been warned about dwelling on hypothetical issues by the sahaba radiallahu anhum, I advise you to follow it, if your not a Troll that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X