Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atheist moving to muslim country: can atheists and muslims live together in peace?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sociohacker View Post

I assume you've got all the answers from 1 book.
    I still meet new questions everyday in the life and I have to deal with them myself. And some questions have only subjective answers.

And - yes, any law is absolutelly subjective in "good/bad" meaning since it was writted by people. We can only divide actions in the meaning "lawfull" or "unlawfull", not "good" or "bad". The law system only means that it prevails in society and most of the people silently accepted it (actually, they just had no choise).
    Actually I'm only using logic,

If one can commit a crime for personal gain and get away with it, then there is nothing and no one to bring them to justice.

Its the only logical conclusion.

If right and wrong is subjective, then you also have to admit that Atheists are in a Schism, once again the only logical conclusion.

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 15-12-18, 01:35 AM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Guys stop picking on him! He didn't come here for a theological debate and your posts are off topic. If you can't offer any pointers on what moving to Egypt will entail then don't reply to this thread.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
        Guys stop picking on him! He didn't come here for a theological debate and your posts are off topic. If you can't offer any pointers on what moving to Egypt will entail then don't reply to this thread.

They often do a runner, I've seen it before, Atheists come claiming they logical, Religion breeda violence/hatred and what not and it turns out they have a lot of deep rooted hatred against Religion themselves.

Not saying op is one of them, better to do Dawah sis, help him see reason than to waste time.
        Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 15-12-18, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
          Giving Dawah isnt picking on him.

Comment

Originally posted by sociohacker View Post
            Hi everybody.

I'm planning to migrate to a muslim contry, but I'm an atheist myself. So I don't believe in any God and I made this decision after more then 10 years of thinking about it, so it's not like a didn't ever go to Church or been raised in atheistic family. No. Actually, my parents believes in God (they are christians).

The question is: how would muslims behave to people who not believe in God? Can they accept it and is it possible that muslim will ever be a friend to atheist?

What should I know before migrating to muslim country?

The main question through - about meaning of Jihad. I've read some fragments of Quran about Jihad and to me it's sounds that every true muslim must defend his faith and he should not be afraid to die for it and kill the non-believers. And as far as I got it, it's even a sin if he would prefer a peaceful life instead of participate in Jihad.
            So, simply speaking, if you are a muslim - will you wish and try to kill another man, who are not believe in Allah? I mean, if this non-believer man would never somehow hurt you or your country or religion, he just makes his living peacefully, but not belong to any religion. Is it a reason for a true muslim to kill him in the name of the God?

P. S.: in any way I do not want to hurt or abuse someone. I'm not a troll or something like that. I'm just on the way to change my life and country where I live. So my only wish - is to understand muslims in their faith and to learn how to peacefully live with them.
            I'd really be glad to hear all this answers from the "first hands", from real people, but not from Wikipedia or some info-articles.

Thank you in advance and I wish peace to you and your family without regarding to your faith, race, age, whether you male/female etc.
            I'll appreciate any answer.
            Welcome to Ummah forum, just mind your own business and nobody will bother you. And in regards to JIhad, as laymen we can't answer it from a scholarly perspective, but this notion that we will kill any non believer in our sight is a myth. If that was the case their would be constant war in the west. Sorry for people going off topic, just ignore them. It usually happens on the forum so don't pay any attention to it.
            "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I would only suggest you to not get baited into defending atheism even for argument sake, like you did here. I would say it is safe not to reveal your atheism and perhaps pretend to be a Christian as by experience I find some Muslims take atheists to be against God and their beliefs by their mere existence or by being publicly known as atheists. If some of them know you are an atheist, they would get interested in you, they would try to either prove your beliefs wrong or try to guide you to their belief, both can lead to arguments and bait you into vociferously support your convictions. Not a healthy situation to be in.

To summarise, you need to pretend to have some belief as some people would want to know if you are a Muslim or not. Stating you are an atheist is inviting arguments, just like you had here. Your best bet is to pretend to be a typical non religious Christian. Then nobody would be interested in you. By the way there are many atheist groups in Muslim nations and they know well the consequences of going public with their beliefs. They just pretend to be religious as that is the norm
              Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Originally posted by Vishnu View Post
                I would only suggest you to not get baited into defending atheism even for argument sake, like you did here. I would say it is safe not to reveal your atheism and perhaps pretend to be a Christian as by experience I find some Muslims take atheists to be against God and their beliefs by their mere existence or by being publicly known as atheists. If some of them know you are an atheist, they would get interested in you, they would try to either prove your beliefs wrong or try to guide you to their belief, both can lead to arguments and bait you into vociferously support your convictions. Not a healthy situation to be in.

To summarise, you need to pretend to have some belief as some people would want to know if you are a Muslim or not. Stating you are an atheist is inviting arguments, just like you had here. Your best bet is to pretend to be a typical non religious Christian. Then nobody would be interested in you. By the way there are many atheist groups in Muslim nations and they know well the consequences of going public with their beliefs. They just pretend to be religious as that is the norm
                What a stupid suggestion. I know Vish is a bit sinister but this is on another level.

Comment

Op whatever you do, dont follow this guys dubious example of misleading people being dishonest to yourself.

If the thought of a muslim reasoning with you is too much, and you cant handle it like an adult, then avoid going to muslim majority country.

Comment

My fb friend sent me this link about renting in Sharm but when I clicked on it, it didn't work for me: www.oxl.com.eg
                    When I told him that the link didn't work for me, he gave this reply:

"write it out again in search bar this could be affiliate link that why it wont work in the uk. Also I don't know about technical side of how internet works but they have Vodafone, estisalat, orange dongle wi-fi 3-4G don't know about phone lines connection in sharm"

I tried writing it out again in the search bar and it didn't work for me but that could just mean that the link doesn't work in the UK or outside Egypt. that's all I could find out so far, hope it helps.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I think the above link kindly provided by Neelu should be https://olx.com.eg/

Comment

More than anyone else the OP knows why he wants to settle in Egypt

If it is to have a calm life, not getting unhealthy and unwanted attention and not getting into theological debates unnecessarily, then my suggestion makes sense

What the heck, he just wants to have a career in warmer climate (I think he is some sort of internet enterpreneur or developer)

If not Egypt, it may be Goa or some other warm and cozy place. I am sure he is not going there on a missionary purpose

You are not being dishonest to yourself if you wear heavy sweaters while going to cold places or keeping an umbrella or rain coat while visiting tropical countries

Many atheists view beliefs as something that you wear and discard as per convenience

Comment

...You are not being dishonest to yourself if you wear heavy sweaters while going to cold places or keeping an umbrella or rain coat while visiting tropical countries

Many atheists view beliefs as something that you wear and discard as per convenience...
                          It's cold outside. I'm not going to put on any clothes because I prefer being honest.

Totally normal way of thinking.

Comment

More than anyone else the OP knows why he wants to settle in Egypt

If it is to have a calm life, not getting unhealthy and unwanted attention and not getting into theological debates unnecessarily, then my suggestion makes sense

What the heck, he just wants to have a career in warmer climate (I think he is some sort of internet enterpreneur or developer)

If not Egypt, it may be Goa or some other warm and cozy place. I am sure he is not going there on a missionary purpose

You are not being dishonest to yourself if you wear heavy sweaters while going to cold places or keeping an umbrella or rain coat while visiting tropical countries

Many atheists view beliefs as something that you wear and discard as per convenience
                            Is this because your a failed Mushrik who couldn't support his own beliefs?

Is this why your telling him to hide and mislead people, encouraging dishonesty,

Nobody is forcing anyone to get into theological debates,

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Is this because your a failed Mushrik who couldn't support his own beliefs?

Is this why your telling him to hide and mislead people, encouraging dishonesty,

Nobody is forcing anyone to get into theological debates,
                              whatever, there is much more to life than "beliefs"

Comment

I only believe in stuff if it's convenient to me, otherwise I discard it. I like being honest to myself. I'm also intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X