X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yaqeen (certainty) in dua

bismillah

i have a questiom and wanted to see peoples views

one of the conditioms for dua is that you have yaqeen(certainty) that Allah will answer and acceot this dua

how do you make your self have 100% yaqeen that Allah will accept this dua and give you what you want?
    what do you do to reach that level of yaqeen (certainty)

of course sometimes Allah doesnt accept the dua but for a better reason ie you get something even better or you get in jannah etc

but sometimes this comes into my mind while making dua ie ya Allah please give me this but if its not meant to be give me something better in this world or the next

this is how i honestly sometimes think and i feel its not right
    if i make dua i should 100% believe Allah will give this to me

so how do i think like this what should i do or think like etc

Good question. I hope someone can answer this question.
    رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Allah accepts the dua for what you've asked for, or rewards you with it or exchanges it for something else. Its a win-win situation, might as well reap a reward, get another blessing from Allah or get what you asked for,

To me, yaqeen includes trusting Allah and recounting and reflecting on His Mercy, that is Al-Wadud and is Al-Haleem and Al-Lateef, He alone understands what you need in this world and a part of not getting your duas answered shows His compassion and awareness of your actual needs and wants and welfare.

Reflect on the surah fatiha ayat - "Iyakka na'budu wa iyaka nasta'een'
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
        Allah accepts the dua for what you've asked for, or rewards you with it or exchanges it for something else. Its a win-win situation, might as well reap a reward, get another blessing from Allah or get what you asked for,

To me, yaqeen includes trusting Allah and recounting and reflecting on His Mercy, that is Al-Wadud and is Al-Haleem and Al-Lateef, He alone understands what you need in this world and a part of not getting your duas answered shows His compassion and awareness of your actual needs and wants and welfare.

Reflect on the surah fatiha ayat - "Iyakka na'budu wa iyaka nasta'een'
        your right 100%

but the thing is when your makimg duaa i feel you should have 100% conviction Allah will answer this dua
        not i might get something better if this doesnt get accepted
        how do i counter this

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

your right 100%

but the thing is when your makimg duaa i feel you should have 100% conviction Allah will answer this dua
          not i might get something better if this doesnt get accepted
          how do i counter this
          Look into this matter from a reliable Islamic source.

But tawakkul is important, just accepting that Allah is Al-Malik and is also your Protecting Friend, that way you won't have anxiety over your duas. You know that whenever you raise your hands, you wont leave empty handed.

As the Prophet SalAllahu Aleyhi Wa Salam said:

Originally posted by Hadiths

The Prophet (SAW) said:

"Your Lord, may He be blessed and exalted, is characterized by modesty and generosity, and He is so kind to His slave that, if His slave raises his hands to Him, He does not let him take them back empty."

[Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1488; classed as Saheeh by Al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 1320]

The Prophet (SAW) also said:

"Allah is Most Generous, and He dislikes to turn away empty the hands of His slave when he raises them to Him."

[Narrated by Al-Tirmidhi, 3556; classed as Saheeh by Al-Albaani in Saheeh Al-Tirmidhi].
          So don't worry if Allah will accept that exact dua, cos you know it was always up to Him, and His mercy overcomes His wrath. There is nothing to feel worried about.

Also this ayat comes to mind:

"And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad (SAW)) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright"[Surah Al-Baqarah, 2:186]
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Look into this matter from a reliable Islamic source.

But tawakkul is important, just accepting that Allah is Al-Malik and is also your Protecting Friend, that way you won't have anxiety over your duas. You know that whenever you raise your hands, you wont leave empty handed.

As the Prophet SalAllahu Aleyhi Wa Salam said:

So don't worry if Allah will accept that exact dua, cos you know it was always up to Him, and His mercy overcomes His wrath. There is nothing to feel worried about.

Also this ayat comes to mind:

"And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad (SAW)) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright"[Surah Al-Baqarah, 2:186]
            jazakAllah khairan
            may Allah reward you

Comment

Working...
            X