Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to Accept Islam but i have some questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to Accept Islam but i have some questions.

Hi there,

I am From India and i belong to the Hindu Religion. since turning a teenager i have studied various important things such as Geopolitics, History, Culture, Philosophy and Religion. I must say that i had bias against Islam but after studying Islam with broad mind and comparing it with Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism i have to Admit Islam is not only Superior to these religions but also very Closer to the original Indo-Aryan Religion of Vedism from which all Dharmic Religions came out. i have studied all these things and Islam for over a decade now and i think now i am ready to accept Islam as i am semi-Independent in my life as an Adult.

but before i Accept Islam i have Some question to ask, please keep in mind that i have studied just basic Tenants and History of Islamic Empires not the Quaran or the religion.

1) I was born in Brahmin caste, a group of Hindu Priests who are from Indo-Aryan Heritage who have left eating meat thousands of years ago. now i am eating some meat since i was 18 but i still cant consume it daily like other Muslims, i still prefer to eat more veg dishes over non-veg one unless its in fast food. is that okay ?

2) I want to keep my Surname (my username) after conversation as i am very proud of my Ancestry, he is the Founder of my tribe and he was a very strong warrior despite being a priest so he is the ideal for me. also certain beliefs of him are very dear to me, not the religious one.

3) i want to keep studying ancient languages such as latin, Sanskrit and Regions such as my ancestral Vedic Faith, Roman-greek-norse Pagan religion as well, is that okay ?

4) what kind of Diet should i adopt ? whats halal meat and how can i know if things i eat are halal or not ? can i do the prayer and turn a ready meal to halal ?

5) well, circumcision ? According to the Judaism its compulsory so i think being an Abrahamic faith its also necessary in Islam as well.

6) Suggestion : what else i should i Add/Remove from my lifestyle after accepting Islam ?

7) i dont know arabic and how to do prayers properly, can you guys suggest me good Site or App to help me learn Arabic and keep the prayer time in my mind ?

8) I smoke(2-3 stickes a day) and Drink(once in a week), do i have to stop this or as majority of muslims did in Central Asia and India i can keept doing this ?

in the end all i want to say it I thank all of you who have helped me in studying Islam since i was a kid. i also want to thank all of my Friends online who will give me answer to my questions in future. I am very thankful to Allah(swt) for showing me the right path and allowing me following one true Faith.

may Allah(swt) bless all those who have helped me in learning about Islam.

Regards.

inshaAllah things get easy
    for question and answers a good website is Islamqa.info

Comment

I was born in Brahmin caste, a group of Hindu Priests who are from Indo-Aryan Heritage who have left eating meat thousands of years ago. now i am eating some meat since i was 18 but i still cant consume it daily like other Muslims, i still prefer to eat more veg dishes over non-veg one unless its in fast food. is that okay ?
      I dont know where you got your info but eating meat daily is not part of our faith. You dont even have to eat meat. As long as you understand that Allah swt has made certain meat lawful.

“and eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allaah) likes not Al‑Musrifoon (those who waste by extravagance)”

[al-A’raaf 7:31]

With regard to the Sunnah, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the eating of every animal that has fangs and every bird that has talons, and he forbade eating the meat of domesticated donkeys, etc.
      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Alcohol is forbidden so please stop drinking. Everuy time you drink, during that moment you will not be a Muslim...

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), and gambling, and Al-Ansaab, and Al-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s (Satan’s) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful”

[al-Maa’idah 5:90]

It is also narrated in al-Bukhaari (5147) and Muslim (3736) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever drinks wine in this world and does not repent from that, he will be deprived of it in the Hereafter.”

, ‘If any man from among my ummah drinks wine, Allaah will not accept his prayers for forty days.’” This was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilat al-Saheehah (709). What this means is that he will not be rewarded for them, but he is still obliged to pray; in fact he is obliged to do all the prayers. If he forsakes prayer during this time, he will be committing one of the worst of major sins, one which some of the scholars said amounts to kufr, Allaah forbid.

Comment

You can keep your surname

In response to someone having a pagan name >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Praise be to Allaah.

For the one whom Allaah has guided to Islam, it is sufficient for him to choose an Islamic first name for himself and to keep his fathers name or surname, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not command the Sahaabah to change their fathers and grandfathers names when they embraced Islam. However, he did change the first names of those who had names with forbidden or undesirable meanings. Because your first name has pagan origins, your changing it to another name, such as Bilaal, is proper and correct. But you should keep the rest of your name and surname as it is; this will please your parents. May Allah guide them, and may He give us and you strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

I dont know where you got your info but eating meat daily is not part of our faith. You dont even have to eat meat. As long as you understand that Allah swt has made certain meat lawful.

“and eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allaah) likes not Al‑Musrifoon (those who waste by extravagance)”

[al-A’raaf 7:31]

With regard to the Sunnah, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the eating of every animal that has fangs and every bird that has talons, and he forbade eating the meat of domesticated donkeys, etc.
            i didnt know bout fangs n talons
            jazakAllah khair

Comment

I'm trying again and again and the forum wont let me respond, it just keeps saying invalid server response. I can answer all these questions, it's just that the forum wont let me
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                I'm trying again and again and the forum wont let me respond, it just keeps saying invalid server response. I can answer all these questions, it's just that the forum wont let me
                Break your post down into several pieces I think there is a max character limit

maybe answer 1 question per post
                Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by Vishwamitra View Post
                  I am very thankful to Allah(swt) for showing me the right path and allowing me following one true Faith.
                  Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Do you know the power of Dua? Dua is a weapon of a believer!

Do you know one of the most common Dua the Messenger of Allah Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) made?

It is dua to be steadfast on the Deen - Eman goes up and down, this Dua we are asking the controller of hearts to keep us on the Straight Path!

maxresdefault.jpg

Arabic to English: Ya Muqallibal-qulub, sabbit qalbi 'ala dinik

Meaning: O Changer of the Hearts! Strengthen my heart upon Your Religion.

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/supplica...st-in-religion

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
                  DR
                  Do you know the power of Dua? Dua is the weapon of a believer! Website: https://www.duasrevival.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X