Tarot in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarot in Islam

this is just something im curious about. tarot cards are usually for predicting/ trying to predict the future, but i have also heard of people using them as a means to reflect on the present/ past. is this permissible in islam, or is using tarot cards in general not permissible?

Absolutely prohibited. It's not permissible to visit a 'reader' or to read them even if it's just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      Absolutely prohibited. It's not permissible to visit a 'reader' or to read them even if it's just for fun.
      well i wasn't really saying that they were being used just for fun, rather being used as a guide to help whoever is using them think about the present (and not predict the future). like xyz card has xyz meaning which makes the reader think about how that is relevant to them in the present/ past.

Comment

Originally posted by whenyourehome View Post

well i wasn't really saying that they were being used just for fun, rather being used as a guide to help whoever is using them think about the present (and not predict the future). like xyz card has xyz meaning which makes the reader think about how that is relevant to them in the present/ past.
        Absolutely prohibited. You can't use them even if it's just for fun.

Comment

To use tarot cards just out of curiosity (just for fun - not taking them seriously) is a major sin.

To use tarot cards and believe in them is disbelief in Islam.

Comment

To use tarot cards just out of curiosity (just for fun - not taking them seriously) is a major sin.

To use tarot cards and believe in them is disbelief in Islam.
            my thing is, is that idk what is different with using tarot cards (in this circumstance- obvi using them to tell the future is bad) than using journal prompts or something to reflect your life so far

Comment

my thing is, is that idk what is different with using tarot cards (in this circumstance- obvi using them to tell the future is bad) than using journal prompts or something to reflect your life so far
              I don't understand how tarot cards reflect on your life.

Comment

I don't understand how tarot cards reflect on your life.
                not that the cards themselves reflect on the persons life. but they use them as a jumping off point and the cards get them thinking about their life. like how a journal prompt works.

Comment

not that the cards themselves reflect on the persons life. but they use them as a jumping off point and the cards get them thinking about their life. like how a journal prompt works.
                  I don't know how to say this without coming across as rude but if you need to use tarot cards to reflect on life then perhaps you need to find (or reaffirm) your purpose in life.

Judge yourself by the truth, not these cheap gimmicks.

Comment

I don't know how to say this without coming across as rude but if you need to use tarot cards to reflect on life then perhaps you need to find (or reaffirm) your purpose in life.

Judge yourself by the truth, not these cheap gimmicks.
                    this isnt about me, this is just a curiosity i had abt tarot.
                    but yeah i definitely dont see a problem with tarot (or anything that helps a person reflect on themselves and gives them a way to see their actions in a new light) i am not saying that a person thinks an event that happened in the past is good, or had xyz purpose because a card said so. just that using the cards helped them understand it for themselves in a new way

Comment

this isnt about me, this is just a curiosity i had abt tarot.
                      but yeah i definitely dont see a problem with tarot (or anything that helps a person reflect on themselves and gives them a way to see their actions in a new light) i am not saying that a person thinks an event that happened in the past is good, or had xyz purpose because a card said so. just that using the cards helped them understand it for themselves in a new way
                      You can 'see things in a new way' using literally anything. Flowers; trees; stars; apples; clouds; bricks; paperclips; patterns; shapes; letters; numbers; mirrors; pens... literally anything. Exploring a 'new way' of dealing with life, which includes self-reflection, can only be helpful if it enables you to be better. A 'new way' is only worth pursuing if it's an improvement on the 'old way' or else there's no point.

This tarot stuff is a step backwards. Not only is it not a good way, it's prohibited. It means that that particular path has been closed. It's a blessing and a reason be thankful. It's a big warning sign saying 'Danger, Do Not Enter.' The sensible thing would be to follow the advice.

Comment

You can 'see things in a new way' using literally anything. Flowers; trees; stars; apples; clouds; bricks; paperclips; patterns; shapes; letters; numbers; mirrors; pens... literally anything. Exploring a 'new way' of dealing with life, which includes self-reflection, can only be helpful if it enables you to be better. A 'new way' is only worth pursuing if it's an improvement on the 'old way' or else there's no point.

This tarot stuff is a step backwards. Not only is it not a good way, it's prohibited. It means that that particular path has been closed. It's a blessing and a reason be thankful. It's a big warning sign saying 'Danger, Do Not Enter.' The sensible thing would be to follow the advice.
                        what i dont get is why tarot is prohibited if it isnt for future telling reasons.

Comment

what i dont get is why tarot is prohibited if it isnt for future telling reasons.
                          because its telling you the unseen
                          something only Allah can do

if you believe something other than Allah can do that then it can be shirk (which takes you out the fold of islam)

so its haram to even read tarrot cards
                          fortune tellers horoscope star signs all that stuff

Comment

read kitab at tawheed it will talk about this kind kf stuff and help you understand

Comment

Its prohibited end of story, somethings you just have to accept even if you dont get it. Allah is all knowing
                              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                              X