Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sport = selling your soul?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sport = selling your soul?

    Hello,

    I have read somewhere that when you want to succeed in the entertainment industry, you have to sell your soul in order to get a lot of fame and earn a lot of money. Does fighting sports also fall under the entertainment industry? And like... football? So in order to get a lot of succes... just like Floyd Mayweather and Mike Tyson (earned hundreds of millions of dollars + famous!) do you have to sell your soul or can you also work hard? So if you would like to become a professional boxer that could earn like 5 million dollars, do you have to sell your soul?
    Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 17-09-18, 02:58 PM.

  • #2
    Today, to reach the top in any worldly profession you have to sell your soul.

    You have to eat, drink, and wear what you do if you want to reach the top.

    If you do not, they will find someone else.

    People are forced to give up prayers in the masjid because their job requires they work during those hours.

    If they don't, they get fired.

    Watch those eyes

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
      Today, to reach the top in any worldly profession you have to sell your soul.

      You have to eat, drink, and wear what you do if you want to reach the top.

      If you do not, they will find someone else.

      People are forced to give up prayers in the masjid because their job requires they work during those hours.

      If they don't, they get fired.
      So basically you can't become the champion boxer for example under 16years without in the netherlands without selling your soul?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Muslimboy9998 View Post

        So basically you can't become the champion boxer for example under 16years without in the netherlands without selling your soul?
        It's my opinion and observation.

        I could be wrong. I, like everyone who ever existed with the exception of the Prophets (peace be upon them all), am fallible.
        Watch those eyes

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
          Today, to reach the top in any worldly profession you have to sell your soul.

          You have to eat, drink, and wear what you do if you want to reach the top.

          If you do not, they will find someone else.

          People are forced to give up prayers in the masjid because their job requires they work during those hours.

          If they don't, they get fired.
          Is it even possible to become a millionair+ without selling your soul then?

          Comment


          • #6
            Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith 1928Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith 2227
            It was narrated from Jabir bin 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
            "O people, fear Allah and be moderate in seeking a living, for no soul will die until it has received all its provision, even if it is slow in coming. So fear Allah and be moderate in seeking provision; take that which is permissible and leave that which is forbidden. "

            Only Allah () knows best.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Muslimboy9998 View Post

              Is it even possible to become a millionair+ without selling your soul then?
              Unless Allah bless you with it, I don't know any other way of becoming a millionaire without sacrificing your akhira.
              He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4)

              Comment


              • #8
                If one chooses good works to get wealth, the amount gained would not be any different than the amount gained by evil works.
                Because our provisions are measured for both ways according to it's due measurements.

                If one chooses evil works, perhaps one's measured provisions may come fast or slow.
                If one chooses good works, perhaps one's measured provisions may come slow or fast.

                Qur'an 16:98 - When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the rejected one.
                Qur'an 91:8 - And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness,
                Qur'an 90:10 - And have shown him the two ways?

                Qur'an 25:2 - He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and Who has begotten no son (children or offspring) and for Whom there is no partner in the dominion. He has created everything, and has measured it exactly according to its due measurements.

                Qur'an 65:3 - And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.

                Qur'an 29:62 - Allah extends provision for whom He wills of His servants and restricts for him. Indeed Allah is, of all things, Knowing.

                Qur'an 42:27 - And if Allah had extended [excessively] provision for His servants, they would have committed tyranny throughout the earth. But He sends [it] down in an amount which He wills. Indeed He is, of His servants, Acquainted and Seeing.

                Qur'an 20:131 - And do not extend your eyes toward that by which We have given enjoyment to [some] categories of them, [its being but] the splendor of worldly life by which We test them. And the provision of your Lord is better and more enduring.

                Only Allah () knows best.
                Last edited by tumbirs; 20-09-18, 01:00 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tumbirs View Post
                  If one chooses good works to get wealth, the amount gained would not be any different than the amount gained by evil works.
                  Because our provisions are measured for both ways according to it's due measurements.

                  If one chooses evil works, perhaps one's measured provisions may come fast or slow.
                  If one chooses good works, perhaps one's measured provisions may come slow or fast.

                  Qur'an 16:98 - When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the rejected one.
                  Qur'an 91:8 - And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness,
                  Qur'an 90:10 - And have shown him the two ways?

                  Qur'an 25:2 - He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and Who has begotten no son (children or offspring) and for Whom there is no partner in the dominion. He has created everything, and has measured it exactly according to its due measurements.

                  Qur'an 65:3 - And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.

                  Qur'an 29:62 - Allah extends provision for whom He wills of His servants and restricts for him. Indeed Allah is, of all things, Knowing.

                  Qur'an 42:27 - And if Allah had extended [excessively] provision for His servants, they would have committed tyranny throughout the earth. But He sends [it] down in an amount which He wills. Indeed He is, of His servants, Acquainted and Seeing.

                  Qur'an 20:131 - And do not extend your eyes toward that by which We have given enjoyment to [some] categories of them, [its being but] the splendor of worldly life by which We test them. And the provision of your Lord is better and more enduring.

                  Only Allah () knows best.
                  Honestly bro, I've read everything but I still can't figure out whether it's possible or not now, haha.

                  Originally posted by tumbirs View Post
                  If one chooses good works to get wealth, the amount gained would not be any different than the amount gained by evil works.
                  If this means it is possible, would it also be possible to be succesful in boxing without evil works?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tumbirs View Post
                    Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith 1928Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith 2227
                    It was narrated from Jabir bin 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
                    "O people, fear Allah and be moderate in seeking a living, for no soul will die until it has received all its provision, even if it is slow in coming. So fear Allah and be moderate in seeking provision; take that which is permissible and leave that which is forbidden. "

                    Only Allah () knows best.
                    The reason why I would like to have a lot of money is so I am able to be with my kids all day long while they grow up. I don't want to get home at five o'clock to just spend like two hours with my kids. I would like to be with them, and also with my wife all day long if that is even possible, haha.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by islamlife00 View Post

                      Unless Allah bless you with it, I don't know any other way of becoming a millionaire without sacrificing your akhira.
                      Well, you have these rich people who became rich because of marketing or w/e. But we can't know if they got in touch with the devil to receive that or not...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Selling your soul is a very deceptive term.

                        Think about it factually....you never have to actually sell your soul...its not something you can actually sell....

                        To achieve success in any walk of life, one has to make certain sacrifices. I think that's what the metaphor is actually for.

                        There is no harm in setting yourself high standards and going that extra mile to achieve it, as long as it does not lead to sin.

                        ~ML~
                        If you, or anyone you know, needs a Lawyer, please message me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MuslimLawyer View Post
                          Selling your soul is a very deceptive term.

                          Think about it factually....you never have to actually sell your soul...its not something you can actually sell....

                          To achieve success in any walk of life, one has to make certain sacrifices. I think that's what the metaphor is actually for...
                          The 'certain' sacrifices are about compromising one's beliefs and principles.

                          Also, there was no point is saying, "Think about it factually..." and then saying it's a metaphor.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Muslimboy9998 View Post
                            If this means it is possible, would it also be possible to be succesful in boxing without evil works?
                            Boxing is haram, a sin that one would be punished for, for causing unnecessary injury for sport unless one repents to not return to it.
                            It does not take one out of the fold of Islam.
                            There is no sin in the case of one trying to protect one's life or of others, one's property, one's family or people from oppressors.

                            I know it's one's profession and perhaps one earns a living by such means but consider chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).
                            I learnt about it from a movie called Concussion (2015).

                            Dr. Bennet Omalu work on CTE was recognised in March 2016, the NFL's senior vice president for health and safety policy, Jeff Miller, testified before congress that the NFL now believed that there was a link between football and CTE.

                            (Omalu is lead author in a study published in November 2017 that for the first time confirmed CTE in a living person. A chemical tracer, FDDNP, binds to tau proteins, detectable by positron emission tomography, and associated with the distinctive topographical distributions characteristic of CTE. Tested on at least a dozen former NFL players, it was confirmed postmortem in former linebacker Fred McNeill.)

                            Only Allah () knows best.
                            Last edited by tumbirs; 22-09-18, 07:00 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Muslimboy9998 View Post
                              Hello,

                              I have read somewhere that when you want to succeed in the entertainment industry, you have to sell your soul in order to get a lot of fame and earn a lot of money. Does fighting sports also fall under the entertainment industry? And like... football? So in order to get a lot of succes... just like Floyd Mayweather and Mike Tyson (earned hundreds of millions of dollars + famous!) do you have to sell your soul or can you also work hard? So if you would like to become a professional boxer that could earn like 5 million dollars, do you have to sell your soul?
                              Assalamualaikum. If your goal is become a millionaire the right way to achieve it is by spend your money on charity (sodaqoh).. spend your wealth on Allah's ways.

                              You forgot to mention muhammad ali. He is a great boxer and a very good muslim.

                              Finally, you should afraid of yaumul hisab. A millionaire will spend hundred or even thousand years for hisab his/her wealth in akhirah.

                              allahualam

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X