Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My non-Muslim friend wants me to SHOW PROOF that Islam is the right religion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My non-Muslim friend wants me to SHOW PROOF that Islam is the right religion?

I'm no scholar, I'm in sixth form (year 12).
    Yesterday, one of my non-Muslim classmates messaged me on Facebook and said that she's looking into other religions and noticed how my friends and I are very into Islam, seen us praying, fasting on Ramadan and whatnot.
    She then asked me if I could prove to her that Islam is the right religion?
    I honestly didn't know how to respond to her back but at the same time I didn't wanna seem that I only followed my religion blindly without actually knowing the real reason why Islam is the right religion if you know what I mean..
    I mean I do know Islam is the right religion, I know our purpose here in life is to obey and worship Allah SWT and that we face hardship and trials cos Allah is testing us whether we're worthy of Jannah/Hell.

So I told her I'll get back to her but I need your help.

I'm not going to advise you on how to deal with her. What I will say is that ppl believe what magazines write.

Ppl believe what history books write.

Ppl believe what non-fiction books write.

No one questions the material despite the fact that the authors are out to make money.

Then, you have the Messenger of Allāh (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). Even his enemies admitted he was amīn and sādiq (as trust worthy as one can get) and didn't want anything in return.

Yet, everyone asks for proof. Ppl lead such contradictory lives....
    Watch those eyes

Comment

Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

Tell her to read the Qurān

The Prophets alayhis salam were given miracles by which the people knew that they were truthful. Musa alayhis salam was had a staff that turned into a snake for example

As Rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam was the final Messenger to mankind his miracle had to outlive him, his miracle was the Qurān

The Qurān is such it could have only come from Allah. If all of mankind and jinn gathered together they couldn't produce a book like the Qurān

Your job as a caller to Islam is not to make her believe your job is to convey the message and one of the best ways you can do that is to get her to read the Qurān for herself

May Allah guide your friend to Islam and make you a successful caller to his deen
      It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
      "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

I remember I asked someone this exact question before I converted. They told me about the scientific miracles in the Quran and I was amazed. The prophecies amazed me too, but at the end of the day, you can't have your faith solely rely on these things. Islam/tawheed makes a lot of sense, and this is the biggest point you should emphasise on.

You can watch videos like this and copy their tactics, or you could just ask her to watch them
        https://youtu.be/mN_vNdWCxuc

You can search for info like this: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...86830098017396
        Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 16-09-18, 12:34 PM.
        "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
        - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

You should seek knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

Tell her to read the Qurān

The Prophets alayhis salam were given miracles by which the people knew that they were truthful. Musa alayhis salam was had a staff that turned into a snake for example

As Rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam was the final Messenger to mankind his miracle had to outlive him, his miracle was the Qurān

The Qurān is such it could have only come from Allah. If all of mankind and jinn gathered together they couldn't produce a book like the Qurān

Your job as a caller to Islam is not to make her believe your job is to convey the message and one of the best ways you can do that is to get her to read the Qurān for herself

May Allah guide your friend to Islam and make you a successful caller to his deen
            Definitely tell her about the miracle of the Qur'an, as brother Eesa had reiterated (it says this in the Qur'an Surah Isra verse 88), even if mankind and jinn gathered together to try and produce a book like the Qur'an, they wouldn't be able to.

Ever since the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, received the revelations it stands that no-one could produce anything like it.

There were many false prophets after Islam but their faiths crumble and their followers are small, even some of them have been imprisoned.

And I agree also with brother Eesa that she should start by reading the Qur'an. Could she ever come on Ummah forum, maybe she can make an account here so we can help her?
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Islam (submission) is the religion of Truth. Tawhid (pure monotheism) is the root of Islam.

Look to the root of a faith to determine the right religion or sect.
              A stalk of a plant rooted in falsehood collapses to the truth but to discern the root of half-truths requires identifying the falsehood to depart it.

(Tawhid (Sunni Islam), Unitarianism (denies predestinations), Monotheism (Protestant Christians), Polytheism (Catholic Christians, Hinduism, Shia Islam), Panentheism (Judaism), Pantheism (Sikhism, Brahmanism, Buddhism, Incarnation, Reincarnation, Avatar, Manifestation, Nation of Islam, Ahmadiyya, Bahá'í Faith, Confucianism, Taoism, ), Deism (naturalism), Pandeism, Polydeism, Autotheism (subjectivism), Eutheism, Dystheism, Misotheism, Hedonism, Atheism.)

Sahih al-Bukhari 1359.
              Narrated Abu Huraira:
              Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Every child is born with a true faith of Islam (i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone) but his parents convert him to Judaism, Christianity or Magainism, as an animal delivers a perfect baby animal. Do you find it mutilated?" Then Abu Huraira recited the holy verses: "The pure Allah's Islamic nature (true faith of Islam) (i.e. worshipping none but Allah) with which He has created human beings. No change let there be in the religion of Allah (i.e. joining none in worship with Allah). That is the straight religion (Islam) but most of men know, not." (30.30)

Qur'an 16:98 - When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the rejected one.
              Qur'an 30:30 - So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah . That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

Only Allah () knows best.
              Last edited by tumbirs; 19-09-18, 09:35 PM.

Comment

https://bemuslims.weebly.com/
                https://islamicnafahat.wordpress.com...ruth-evidence/
                Muslims Search Engine !
                And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

Working...
                X