Hijab and leggings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijab and leggings

I've noticed, in my travels, many (most?) women properly wearing the hijab (head cover) but wearing tight pants such as yoga pants, tights, jeggins...etc. Some countries i would say it's as predominant as %90 of the ones wearing the hijab, How does that not defeat the purpose of the hijab? You could argue that they are wearing the hijab just to please their family. But then, it's not like their families don't know what they are wearing. So obviously they are OK with it. Which brings me back to the question...what is the point of the hijab then?

Also, ask any man on this earth "what's the first thing you look at in a women?" and you will get a**, breasts, face...even hands and feet, but you'll be very hard pressed finding a man who'll say hair. Honestly, it doesn't even matter. I don't think hair is ever a deciding factor. I mean, sure it adds to a womens beauty...but its just that, an addition. Its supplementary. A man will list every body part before getting to the hair. So, to me, a woman covering her hair but clearly highlighting her figure below the waist is much more indecent than a woman exposing her hair but covering her figure.

Thoughts?

U do realise that hijab(cover) also includes the entire body(covering not showing figure) except hands and face according to one opinion the other being niqaab to cover face

thus if she shows her body off or her hair shes doing wrong
    Sadly many women dont cover properly due to lack of emphasis by imams and teachers at masaajid and also parents and families due to culture and ignorance

they are both bad
    u may think men do not look at hair but hair makes a womens face look better thus if a man saw a women without hijab it would make a big difference to how he views her face

Comment

I understand Abu julaybeeb. I know what hijab means. I was just trying to make a point. I am not saying that a muhajeba should uncover her hair. What i am saying is that the hijab is not serving any purpose the way women who are putting on are dressing up. I am wondering why they are putting it on in the first place since to me, it doesn't seem to be for religious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by live4the1 View Post
        I understand Abu julaybeeb. I know what hijab means. I was just trying to make a point. I am not saying that a muhajeba should uncover her hair. What i am saying is that the hijab is not serving any purpose the way women who are putting on are dressing up. I am wondering why they are putting it on in the first place since to me, it doesn't seem to be for religious reasons.
        The point is, if she is merely covering her hair and not her body, you cant even refer to it as hijab since hijab means a barried that prevents anyone from seeing the body, so if she only covers her hair its just a headscarf and not really hijab since hijab would cover everything that is awrah
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Sahih Muslim 2181
          'A'isha reported that a eunuch used to come to the wives of Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) and they did not And anything objectionable in his visit considering him to be a male without any sexual desire. Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) one day came as he was sitting with some of his wives and he was busy in describing the bodily characteristics of a lady and saying:

As the comes in front tour folds appear on her front side and as she turns her back eight folds appear on the back side. Thereupon Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) said: I me that he knows these things; do not, therefore. allow him to cater. She (" A'isha) said: Then they began to observe veil from him.

Sahih Muslim 2180
          Umm Salama reported that she had a eunuch (as a slave) in her house. Allah's Messenger imay peace be upon him) was once in the house that he (the eunuch) said to the brother of Umm Salama:

Abdullahb. Aba Umayya. if Allah grants you victory in Ta'if on the next day, I will show you the daughter of Ghailan for she has four folds (upon her body) on the front side of her stomach and eight folds on the back. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) heard this and he said: Such (people) should not visit you.

Riyad as-Salihin 801
          Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
          Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will not look at the one who trails his lower garment out of arrogance." Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) asked: "What should women do with the hem of their clothes?" He (ﷺ) said, "They might lower them a hand's span." She said: "But their feet would still remain exposed." He said, "Let them lower those equal to arm's length but not more than that."

(The long dresses that reach the shoes can expose the feet while walking when the dresses width is trailing by a hand's span, by extending the trailing a arm's length there is room to walk without exposing the feet.)

Only Allah () knows best.
          Last edited by tumbirs; 14-09-18, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I've noticed, in my travels, many (most?) women properly wearing the hijab (head cover) but wearing tight pants such as yoga pants, tights, jeggins...etc. Some countries i would say it's as predominant as %90 of the ones wearing the hijab, How does that not defeat the purpose of the hijab? You could argue that they are wearing the hijab just to please their family. But then, it's not like their families don't know what they are wearing. So obviously they are OK with it. Which brings me back to the question...what is the point of the hijab then?

Also, ask any man on this earth "what's the first thing you look at in a women?" and you will get a**, breasts, face...even hands and feet, but you'll be very hard pressed finding a man who'll say hair. Honestly, it doesn't even matter. I don't think hair is ever a deciding factor. I mean, sure it adds to a womens beauty...but its just that, an addition. Its supplementary. A man will list every body part before getting to the hair. So, to me, a woman covering her hair but clearly highlighting her figure below the waist is much more indecent than a woman exposing her hair but covering her figure.

Thoughts?
            In my opinion, they are either ignorant about what constitutes hijab, or they don't have the confidence to wear full hijab, or they are simply following their desires wanting to look good.

It's one or a combination of the above reasons.

Comment

I think most of them don't know what they're doing. So many are under the impression hijab is just a scarf. So many think that when you "become religious", you start covering your hair. Many even fell for the lie that covering your hair is a personal choice and it's not even obligatory. I think we should be easier on them. They don't understand the rulings regarding hijab and they don't understand how it affects the opposite gender.
              "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
              - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

I understand the topic of hijab being brought up, but I'm confused as to why you're bringing up men and what they find attractive on a woman.

Allah commanded women to cover and that's it. The male gaze has nothing to do with it and, if we're being honest here, a woman could be wearing a cardboard box all over and he'll find something attractive about it. Your topic is fine, but this part wasn't needed.
                مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                Surah al-Baqarah
                [2:245]

.:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

I understand the topic of hijab being brought up, but I'm confused as to why you're bringing up men and what they find attractive on a woman.

Allah commanded women to cover and that's it. The male gaze has nothing to do with it and, if we're being honest here, a woman could be wearing a cardboard box all over and he'll find something attractive about it. Your topic is fine, but this part wasn't needed.
                  If her bits and bobs are covered I'm not so sure what he'll find attractive. Maybe the crease of the cardboard box on the corners...but generally we have standards you know.

Comment

Working...
                  X