Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The people who call themselves 'Salafis', Who are they?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The people who call themselves 'Salafis', Who are they?

One thing that made me distanced from Islam at an early age, was how different Islamic teachers, maulanas or Imams (not sure if these are the right terms for these people) would spend their time criticizing different people, groups and masjids. They would say things like "those guys are misguided. Follow our masjid and our sheikh". A layman like me will be in a state of confusion upon hearing this. They spend their time criticizing than teaching Deen. So I abandoned the religion for a while.

What brought me back to Islam, was lectures on YouTube by various speakers like, Nouman Ali khan, Yasir Qadhi, Omar Suleiman etc...I could relate to these guys better than some guy at Saudi who doesn't know the western culture and can't answer Muslims living there who are facing challenges like science, atheism, etc...

Recently, I found videos of guys who claim they are Salafis, criticizing guys like Nouman Ali khan, and calling you to follow their sheikh, the way of the Salafis. I got reminded of the older days. Does anyone know who the Salafis are? Why are they so harsh and wants you to practice Islam living in a bubble, being isolated from everyone else. If you know what I mean.

And if you're a salafi, take it easy. I just want to know.
    Last edited by ibrahim8k; 21-07-18, 10:33 AM.

You have nobody but yourself to blame for your deviance. Creating multiple accounts on here for trolling purposes doesn't do you any favours.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X