No announcement yet.

Islam was copied from other religions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam was copied from other religions?

First of all, I'm a born and raised Non-Arab Muslim, and I'm going through difficult times at the moment because I started having some doubts about Islam. Im very passionate about the Deen and memorized a large portion of the Qur'an.

Recently I found out that a lot of the stories and writings in the Qur'an come from the Jewish Talmud. Certain things from the Quran come from the Torah and other things are from the Talmud. At first I told myself, Well maybe those are the things Allah revealed to them before. But then I noticed other concepts in Islam, come from other religions. Like the concept of 7 heavens is nowhere to be found in the Jewish texts. It's actually from the Persian religion. Heaven & Hell fire comes from the Ancient Greek belief.

Orientalists claim that Islam took different ideas from different religions, and that's how it was born.

This is the kind of doubts im dealing with.

Another exemple, is the wall of yajooj & majooj. In the 21st century, Im surprised no one still hasn't managed to locate where this wall is.

Also when I read the Quran, whenever i read verses where Allah talks about the creation of Earth or describing the Earth, I picture a flat earth in my mind. For exemple, there's a verse that says, The sky is being held in place by pillars.. I don't get it.

Whenever I try to talk about this with people of knowledge, they are quick to judge and call me Shaytaan and Kafir. I'm dissapointed.

Originally posted by Sa'ad_95 View Post
    First of all, I'm a born and raised Non-Arab Muslim, and I'm going through difficult times at the moment because I started having some doubts about Islam. Im very passionate about the Deen and memorized a large portion of the Qur'an.

Recently I found out that a lot of the stories and writings in the Qur'an come from the Jewish Talmud. Certain things from the Quran come from the Torah and other things are from the Talmud. At first I told myself, Well maybe those are the things Allah revealed to them before. But then I noticed other concepts in Islam, come from other religions. Like the concept of 7 heavens is nowhere to be found in the Jewish texts. It's actually from the Persian religion. Heaven & Hell fire comes from the Ancient Greek belief.

Orientalists claim that Islam took different ideas from different religions, and that's how it was born.

This is the kind of doubts im dealing with.

Another exemple, is the wall of yajooj & majooj. In the 21st century, Im surprised no one still hasn't managed to locate where this wall is.

Also when I read the Quran, whenever i read verses where Allah talks about the creation of Earth or describing the Earth, I picture a flat earth in my mind. For exemple, there's a verse that says, The sky is being held in place by pillars.. I don't get it.

Whenever I try to talk about this with people of knowledge, they are quick to judge and call me Shaytaan and Kafir. I'm dissapointed.
    These are fallacious arguments,

The Talmud and all other religious books contain filth of the highest order, contradictions, absurdities, interpolations, in addition to containing some truths.

the Quran Having some similarities doesn't mean its copied from them.

Anymore than if i was to say something that was the truth that someone hundreds of years ago said, and you accused me of plagiarism.

The Qur'an confirms previous revealations and is the Criterion to judge Truth from Falsehood.

It confirms what is True and Rejects ths Falsehood.

Comment

...Whenever I try to talk about this with people of knowledge, they are quick to judge and call me Shaytaan and Kafir. I'm dissapointed.
      It's strange that you've been asking 'controversial questions' on here for a few years now without learning anything at all. It's no wonder you get dismissed as some obnoxious clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

It's strange that you've been asking 'controversial questions' on here for a few years now without learning anything at all. It's no wonder you get dismissed as some obnoxious clown.
        lol?

Comment

Sufi Hanafi?

Comment

Allah has sent messengers and prophets to many many civilizations and groups throughout time, are u then surprised that there will be some similarities with previous religions which are corruptions for the most part with some small amounts of truths? that makes no sense to you?

Comment

Like the concept of 7 heavens is nowhere to be found in the Jewish texts. It's actually from the Persian religion.
              Not according to the jewish encyclopedia:
              http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/ar...ology#anchor20

Muslims Search Engine !
              And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

I don't know which quran exactly you are refering to !

In the 7th century, when the Quran was revealed, Arab society had many superstitious and groundless beliefs where scientific issues were concerned. Lacking the technology to examine the universe and nature, these early Arabs believed in legends inherited from past generations. They supposed, for example, that mountains supported the sky above. They believed that the earth was flat and that there were high mountains at its both ends. It was thought that these mountains were pillars that kept the vault of heaven high above.
                However all these superstitious beliefs of Arab society were eliminated with the Quran.

In Surat Al Ra'ed (Chapter 13) , verse 2, it was said: "Allah is He who raised up the heavens without any pillars, that you can see " (The Quran, 13:2).
                (اللّهُ الَّذِي رَفَعَ السَّمَاوَاتِ بِغَيْرِ عَمَدٍ تَرَوْنَهَا) سورة الرعد : 13
                This verse invalidated the belief that the sky remains above because of the mountains. In many other subjects, important facts were revealed at a time when no one could have known them.
                The verse does point out to the particular sign of the perfect power of Allah Ta'ala that He has made this extensive, high and magnificent roof in a way that no column and pillar is seen thereunder.

http://quranscientificerror.blogspot...s-keeping.html
                Muslims Search Engine !
                And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

lol?
                  I hope you realise I can see all your acounts.

-_-

Comment

I hope you realise I can see all your acounts.

-_-
                    Busted!

Comment

Hes been asking Questions about Islam for years and he learnt nothing?

Facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Busted!
                        Lol Troll got caught in the act,
                        Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 11-07-18, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Another example, is the wall of yajooj & majooj. In the 21st century, I'm surprised no one still hasn't managed to locate where this wall is
                          Gog Magog are people like us. After Esa () slays Dajjal then the barrier will be leveled and they'll be released, descending from elevated places.

This is only my own opinion and ongoing research... they may be sealed between the Arctic regions due to Midnight sun to regions with Fitzpatrick skin, type I, two mountain peaks nearby with a wall upon a pass and iron ore deposits. (Qur'an 18:85-98)

This is understood by the mention that the people were made with no protection against the Sun (hinting to Fitzpatrick skin type I, melanin and UV index). (Qur'an 18:90)
                          He () was in the vicinity (~40 minutes walking distance by human vision) when the sunset and rose over the people (meaning nearly ~24 hours of sunlight, hinting to Midnight sun or Polar day in the summer around June).
                          The people lived nearby a pass between two mountains and Gog Magog was sealed between there (the region has two mountains that are connected upon a pass).
                          The people didn't understand his speech (Qur'an 18:93), this hints that he () was in a foreign place, and he () was also protected from the Sun's UV rays, meaning he () had melanin type II to VI.
                          And there are plenty of iron ore deposits in the northern regions, and the people assisted him () in forging the barrier.

The correlation is gradually matching but like I said it is an ongoing research and I'm not free from mistakes.

(There are people with type 1 that have no protection against the UV rays of the Sun. And It depends on the regions UV Index for high risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure, and 5+ burns after 15-60 minutes varying by the melanin or tan. Protection against skin and eye damage is needed. UV index of 3 is required for Vitamin D. If your shadow is taller than you are (in the early morning and late afternoon), your UV exposure is likely to be lower but if your shadow is shorter than you are (around midday), you are being exposed to higher levels of UV radiation.)

Only Allah () knows best.
                          Last edited by tumbirs; 14-07-18, 05:45 PM. Reason: clarifying

Comment

Working...
                          X