Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I really challenging Allah by drawing living things?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

There's no difference of opinion in drawing, painting, sketching animals, people,

It's Haraam, you just made up your own opinion and tried deceive the op.

Next time ask an Alim when you don't know, before giving your two cents

In Islam you can't make up things about the religion as you go along.
    Ok so if it is haram than why do you take photographs of humans??

Isn't photographs the same as drawing because the camera draws the object and prints it.

Comment

Originally posted by muhajir12 View Post

Ok so if it is haram than why do you take photographs of humans??

Isn't photographs the same as drawing because the camera draws the object and prints it.
      https://islamqa.info/en/365

Read this link fully,

جزاك الله خيرا
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Muhajir is not wrong, there are several opinions on this issue. For example, how do you explain the hadith of Rasulullah(sa) where Ayesha(ra) had a winged horse in her home and Prophet(sa) joked with it instead of calling it haram. Therefore scholars had difference of opinion on this issue since long. Some opinions are

1) All kinds of pictures of humans and animals are haram including the camera.

2) Camera is just a self-reflection so the hand-drawn pictures of humans and animals are haram.

3) 3-D sculptures of humans and animals are haram but 2-D are not.

4) Finally, its haram as long as it resembles shirk otherwise its okay.

The most common opinion is the 2nd opinion and Ummah has followed it mostly. Look at how muslim art throughout centuries never involved animate beings and how they create the chess pieces like they are today whereas it was not so before the chess came to muslims. Most scholars today dont forbid camera. So 2nd is the safest position. Wallahu Alam. But other opinions should not be ridiculed.

Comment

Originally posted by savo234 View Post
          Muhajir is not wrong, there are several opinions on this issue. For example, how do you explain the hadith of Rasulullah(sa) where Ayesha(ra) had a winged horse in her home and Prophet(sa) joked with it instead of calling it haram. Therefore scholars had difference of opinion on this issue since long. Some opinions are

2) Camera is just a self-reflection so the hand-drawn pictures of humans and animals are haram.

The most common opinion is the 2nd opinion and Ummah has followed it mostly. Look at how muslim art throughout centuries never involved animate beings and how they create the chess pieces like they are today whereas it was not so before the chess came to muslims. Most scholars today dont forbid camera. So 2nd is the safest position. Wallahu Alam. But other opinions should not be ridiculed.
          Seems like your in the same boat as him,

There's no difference of opinion on drawing pictures of animals and people

You need to Fear Allah عز و جل and stop making stuff up.

Comment

Exactly, sometimes rationale thinking is needed to figure out hadiths.

Comment

Well if you think that than explain why taking pictures with cameras and things is allowed? How is that different than drawing?

Comment

Well if you think that than explain why taking pictures with cameras and things is allowed? How is that different than drawing?
                That is different because camera is a reflection not a portrait

Comment

I have not made the things up, I have quoted you a sahih hadith of horse with wings that Ayesha(ra) played with and I could find quotes of these opinion as I remember reading them some time ago. However I have made it clear that the opinion you favour is the majority opinion.

Comment

I have not made the things up, I have quoted you a sahih hadith of horse with wings that Ayesha(ra) played with and I could find quotes of these opinion as I remember reading them some time ago. However I have made it clear that the opinion you favour is the majority opinion.
                    No Alim in their right mind used that as a justification to say you can now draw people and animals

Once again your gave it your own twist

Comment

The ruling on photography was already posted, it seems you did not bother reading

https://islamqa.info/en/365

​​​​​​If I recall correctly you made a post about ignorance, yet you yourself ignored the link when I posted it to you?

Comment

No Alim in their right mind used that as a justification to say you can now draw people and animals

Once again your gave it your own twist
                        Salam, I read again about the issue and I take back what I said. The hadith of Ayesha(ra) is a relevant point, however most scholars consider it an exception for children. So for their playing, tarbiyah, the drawing of animate beings is permissible as long as it has no harm. This is the view of majority of classical fuqaha. However, they restrict this relaxation to children. A minority though consider this hadith abrogated by later commands.

I read this sometime ago and mixed this relaxation for children with general permissibility. I was wrong.

Comment

Good debate. I wish, instead of name calling, we could disagree with manners

That would be nice

saying photos are the same as drawing. That to me, is crazy

But that there is an understanding of drawing as was mentioned about the winged horse. Some say it had no facial details

However, first and foremost, we should fear Allah. For every person who draws an image must breathe life into it on the day of judgment.

Have you ever tried to blow up a.choose swimming pool?
                          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                            Good debate. I wish, instead of name calling, we could disagree with manners

That would be nice

?
                            I completely agree with that because if anybody has different opinions rather then insulting and behaving ignorantly if somebody wants to give an opinion with manners and good character than that would show that the person is knowledgable because character and adab are whats missing from many students of knowledge unfortunately.

Comment

https://islamqa.info/en/71170

Here is an in depth fatwah on the subject on drawing. Basically, it is haram unless you do it for children, and even then they can't look like living humans, so simple cartoons are ok. They should follow Islamic guidelines, in that they portray nothing haram, so no exposed hair for women, no drinking alcohol, and the like. Should be used for educational purposes.

Comment

Salam,
                                It depends, if you want to please God it is not prohibited to draw or paint anything, and you are grateful to him for blessing you with this skill.
                                If you want to please the majority of the scholars then it is.

"Bring forth your witnesses who bear witness that God has made this forbidden."

Read these verses and grasp the huge wisdom behind them subhan Allah.

6:142 And from the livestock are those for burden, and also for clothing. Eat from what God has provided you and do not follow the footsteps of the devil; he is to you a clear enemy. 6:143 Eight, in pairs: from the sheep two, and from the goats two. Say: "Is it the two males that He forbade or the two females, or what the wombs of the two females bore? Inform me if you are truthful!" 6:144 And from the camels two, and from the cattle two. Say: "Is it the two males that He forbade or the two females, or what the wombs of the two females bore? Or were you witnesses when God ordered you with this?" Who is more wicked than he who invents lies about God to misguide the people without knowledge. God does not guide the wicked people. 6:145 Say: "I do not find in what is inspired to me to be forbidden for any eater to eat, except: that it be already dead, or running blood, or the meat of pig-for it is foul-or what has become vile by being sacrificed to other than God." But whoever is forced to, without seeking disobedience or transgression, then your Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. 6:146 And for those who are Jewish We have made forbidden all that have undivided hoofs; and from the cattle and the sheep We made forbidden their fat except what is attached to the back, or entrails, or mixed with bone. That is a punishment for their rebellion, and We are truthful. 6:147 If they deny you, then say: "Your Lord has vast mercy, but His might will not be turned away from the criminal people." 6:148 Those who are polytheists will say: "If God wished, we would not have set up partners, nor would have our fathers, nor would we have made anything forbidden." Those before them lied in the same way, until they tasted Our might. Say: "Do you have any knowledge to bring out to us? You only follow conjecture, you only guess." 6:149 Say: "With God is the greatest argument. If He wished He would have guided you all." 6:150 Say: "Bring forth your witnesses who bear witness that God has made this forbidden." If they bear witness, then do not bear witness with them, nor follow the desires of those who deny Our revelations, and those who do not believe in the Hereafter; and they make equals with their Lord! 6:151 Say: "Come let me recite what your Lord has forbidden for you: that you should not set up anything with Him; and do good to your parents; and do not kill your children for fear of poverty, We provide for you and for them; and do not come near immorality, what is public of it and private; and do not kill the life, as God has forbidden this, except in justice. That is what He enjoined you that you may comprehend." 6:152 "And do not come near the money of the orphan, except for what is best, until he reaches his independence; and give honestly full measure and weight equitably. We do not burden a soul except with what it can bear, and if you speak then be just even if against a relative; and regarding the pledges made to God, you shall observe them. This He has enjoined you that you may remember." 6:153 And this is My path, a straight one. "So follow it, and do not follow the other paths lest they divert you from His path. That is what He has enjoined you to that you may be righteous."
                                Last edited by IsaMuslim; 16-05-18, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X