Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English way to say salaams?

:salams

Is the Arabic word's ":salams:" meaning changed when we spell it in all its different ways using the English alphabet? Some common examples I've come across are:

1. Salaam
    2. Salam
    3. Sallam

4. Asalam Alaikum
    5. Assalam Alaikum
    6. Assalaam Alaikum

I think #1-#3 all are used in different and specific contexts. I'm not sure if #4-#6 are used for reasons similar to #1-#3 and if you're trying to insult someone subtly by spelling the first three letters the way a certain insult is spelled.

:jkk:

Also, not sure if it's just an issue with my browser, but why do the Arabic characters not appear using the UF shorthands?
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Bump
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
      Bump
      I can't answer your questions but :salams: has been changed to : assalam : (without spaces)
      Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

No they're all the same thing.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Wa'alaikum salaam..

It is Arabic so you need to say it using Arabic pronunciation not English.
          Learn makhraj huruf: the source of the sound when pronounced Arabic letter.

Assalaamu 'alaikum.

In 'alaikum the 'a using 'ain not alif.

Sorry if it is confusing. Hope you learn Arabic and learn tajwid so you can recite qur'an better. Amin YRA.

Comment

in English its "as salaamu alaikum"
            in nos 4-6 u left out the u....

its very common for westernised Indo-Pak ppl to do this
            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X