Websites for a Non-Muslim to learn about Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websites for a Non-Muslim to learn about Islam

The other day I had a customer who was very interested in Islam. He doesn't identify with any religion, and believes in a Higher Power, but that was about it. He asked about Islam and we ended up talking for an hour. He gave me his email so I could link him to some websites that will teach him about the basics of Islam, and its history. What sites do you guys recommend? It would be easy for me to just google search some sites, but I want to make sure I don't link him to sites that may seem ok, but end up having deviant information that I may have missed.

We mainly spoke about Allah's Mercy, some of Shariah Law - mainly Zakah and how it taxes and government would be better under Islamic Law, and how the West is currently failing the majority of its people. We also spoke about how it is forbidden to consume intoxicants and fornicate, and he was surprisingly receptive, though didn't seem to like it too much. I assured him it was because he's been surrounded by deviancy his whole live, and is bombarded by it at all times, so it seems normal. He agrees with what I have said, and agrees that family should be what society focuses on.

This is my first time talking this much with a non-Muslim about Islam, so I don't want to say or do anything out of ignorance and push him away from it.

1) Wa alaykum salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh. When it comes to the basics of Islam, there is no better source than the Quran. You should tell him to focus on the Quran, and the Quran is very easy to understand:

A) By the clear Book, Indeed, We have made it an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand. (Surah 43:2-3).

B) When it comes to English translations, I recommend Sahih International.

C) This website has the Quran along with the Sahih International translation: http://legacy.quran.com/

D) Quran recitations website: http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/
    Last edited by OneLifeResults; 04-01-18, 05:41 PM.

Comment

www.islamreligion.com is brilliant bro alhamdulilah
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

www.islamreligion.com ...
        Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
        )

Comment

islamrelgion is an amazing website Alhamdulillah. I actually spent lots of time on there asking questions on the chat facility, and it was that site I took the shadada via chat again-they then sent out a new muslim pack to me for free- I don't know if they still offer that though).

okay I just rechecked the link and its possible it was a different sight as its not the format I remember it being (but then again it was a good few years ago)

there are many other sites with chat facilities availible so maybe it was a different one. islamrelgion rang a bell though.

Last edited by Um_Saf; 01-01-18, 11:17 PM. Reason: changing to correct myself.

Comment

If you can it's better to stay in touch with him and help him learn more about Islam. If someone is extremely ignorant they're not going to be able to tell what's right from wrong. When I first converted I was exposed to all kinds of deviancy that put doubts in my heart and I heard all kinds of things from Shias, Sufis, Quranists, modernists, etc. It all confused me because I didn't know there were so many sects and deviancy. Please tell him to beware of sources on the internet because another convert I knew also learned the hard way. And please don't give him website links and leave him alone. The person who helped me convert told me to learn Islam from Hamza Yusuf's videos but I didn't and I started reading on my own and that didn't help my case. Either way, Islamqa ended up helping me learn about the religion later on. You can recommend that he reads through the categories on this link: https://islamqa.info/en/tree You can also recommend that he reads the tafsir of the Quran as well to avoid misinterpretation. Qtafsir.com is helpful.
            Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 02-01-18, 09:05 AM.
            Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Thanks for the responses. May Allah bless you all and keep us on Sirat Al Mustakeem.

Comment

Chatislamonline

Comment

Working...
                X